Ta technix...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ta technix...
Do they even do diesel coilovers for 306?

Just found out my ones are petrol ones. Sad
Thanks given by:
Doesn't matter mate, they fit all models IIRC

Sent from my rubbish BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Correct, but as standard they appear to be sprung for the TU engines 306's. Might be a little on the soft side but £50 on a set of springs will sort that.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yep, really shouldve gone for springs instead. Technixs suck lol.

While were talking about suspension...

Sometimes when i go over a bump my rear end knocks, is that normal? o.O
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2012, 10:49 AM)RePT Wrote: Yep, really shouldve gone for springs instead. Technixs suck lol.

While were talking about suspension...

Sometimes when i go over a bump my rear end knocks, is that normal? o.O

For a 306, probably

Make sure it's nothing in the boot moving and also check your rear beam for camber. Tbh it could be a sign of a beam on the verge of failure!

Oh and if you have one, make sure your spare wheel is nice and tight.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yawn.......yeah TA's are terrible, thats why mine have worked flawlessly for over 2 1/2 years on their lowest setting and I haven't had a single problem with them, the car handles like its on rails, they aren't too soft or too hard considering the height that they are set at so, for the cost, IMO at least, they are spot on!

I don't see why people have such a problem with them, seriously, WTF do you expect for £140?
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Wtf mark? Who said anything against them in this thread?
Thanks given by:
lol someone on their man period?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2012, 01:00 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Wtf mark? Who said anything against them in this thread?

No your right, nobody at all................. lol

(07-12-2012, 09:13 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Correct, but as standard they appear to be sprung for the TU engines 306's. Might be a little on the soft side but £50 on a set of springs will sort that.

(07-12-2012, 10:49 AM)RePT Wrote: Yep, really shouldve gone for springs instead. Technixs suck lol.
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
lmao should have said stiffer springs for the coilovers as they seem soft as standard in my opinion.

Jesus you're touchy today
Thanks given by:
haha to be fair mine seem to have been stiff as fook, I think they must vary somewhat, as alot of people complain about them being soft as fook, but mine are total opposite / harder than hell...and ride like rails, just cheap chinease stuff, so no such thing as quality control, but for what i paid, im certainly not complaining, ive got a set of gaz gha's in the workshop, but one needs rebuilding, no rush tho as perfectly happy with the cheap shit!

Which suprises me as i generally cant stand anything chinky!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2012, 01:12 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: haha to be fair mine seem to have been stiff as fook, I think they must vary somewhat, as alot of people complain about them being soft as fook, but mine are total opposite / harder than hell...and ride like rails, just cheap chinease stuff, so no such thing as quality control, but for what i paid, im certainly not complaining, ive got a set of gaz gha's in the workshop, but one needs rebuilding, no rush tho as perfectly happy with the cheap shit!

Which suprises me as i generally cant stand anything chinky!

welcome to the club ninja
Thanks given by:
lol
Thanks given by:
from my exp. on suspension on a budget; i used 60mm springs on a DT and coilovers and i couldn't fault the TA's at all. Much harder in corner than the springs but gave harsh dail ride if you're ever on a fairly rough road..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I loved mine! Epic for the money!
Thanks given by:
For the money you can't go wrong. Yes if you compare them to more expensive stuff they're going to lose, but the same can be said for just about anything.

I've had mine for a while now and I bought them used from Matt. Yes they're pretty harsh, but what do you expect. Mine are pretty low with no helpers though... Also had cheapos on the Audi for over a year and a half with no issues.

Back to the original question... pretty sure they're all the same.
Thanks given by:
Another fan here, Had them on the ronker and have another set on the van. Harsh as f*ck but cant go wrong for the money..Only complaint is mine wont go low enough, need to get the helper springs out at some point.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Yeh, I tend to forget they are a budget buy..

anyway,

anyone else notice that the driver side sits lower than passenger side? even though the coilies are level?
would it be 'safe' to have the coilies unbalanced so that the car is balanced?
Thanks given by:
That's quite unlikely, sounds like they might not be fitted right. Check that they have gone all the way into the hub on both sides and inspect the top mount bearings/bushes etc to be sure it's all seated correctly :-)
Thanks given by:
(09-12-2012, 10:17 AM)Dan! Wrote: That's quite unlikely, sounds like they might not be fitted right. Check that they have gone all the way into the hub on both sides and inspect the top mount bearings/bushes etc to be sure it's all seated correctly :-)

Yeh dude,

weve had em in and out like 3 times now.

Measurements from arch to any point on hub is same on both sides when the car is off the ground...

but then when its on the ground, the driver side is about 5-10mm lower Confused
Thanks given by:
I was going to say the drivers sides probably heavier, but if its a 5-10mm difference I doubt its that.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not that I have ta's Iam running ghaz's but a bud if mine has just got a corner weight setup so Iam going in to see him to get it setup properly, nowt wrong with having them set at a different height to even it out so I have been told
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Exactly, assuming everything's bolted up right, the idea of coilovers is to adjust ride height independently to properly corner weight it.
Thanks given by:
The TA's on my mrs xsi a pretty good for the money. They they handle OKISH but they do bottom out abit when wound right down.

Race lands on the other hand a feckin shite. I had a set on my gti and it was worse the OE set up.

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ta Technix coilovers mcglynn 7 1,335 02-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mcglynn
  TA Technix coilover topmounts toyo16 2 1,300 28-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard