Amp Power Cable - Hole?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amp Power Cable - Hole?
Trying to run the power cables for my sub but having trouble finding a hole for it to go through from the engine bay.

On the Ph2 DT I just put it through a hole where the alarm siren would normally be. This is a Ph3 and the intake for the heaters is in the way. There was a power cable already there but that went under the door seal which isn't ideal, especially as mine are 4awg, so a lot thicker.
Thanks given by:
Run it under the car, along the brake lines, then through a hole in the floor...
Thanks given by:
Pull the carpet back under the glovebox and there is a bung for the air con I just drill a hole through there and pull the cable through.
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
in the boot
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 01:49 PM)sean-306 Wrote: Run it under the car, along the brake lines, then through a hole in the floor...

what he said. 10m of cable armour is £5 from screwfix. its the best way!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(28-11-2012, 01:49 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Pull the carpet back under the glovebox and there is a bung for the air con I just drill a hole through there and pull the cable through.

exactly this. you have to take up the carpet to run the RCA and remote cable anyway. I drill just to the left of the rubber grommet. Try not to go through the pipe if possible but it is only a drain for the system anyway!

and of course make sure that you arent drilling into anything on the engine side! cant find any pictures but ill do a guide when i do it on the estate!
Thanks given by:
mines gone through the air con drain like mentioned
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  amp power cable route dec-66 24 7,147 24-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel