Engine advice...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine advice...
Much similar to the opinions thread but without female involvement!

Cream on oil cap, not using water or oil now but I have cleaned the oil off of the cap and when I smelled the rag (I'm weird, don't ask!) it stunk of motion lotion...So what the f*ck could cause the petrol to mix with the oil?
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bang her!!!

Try giving it a engine flush new oil. Then giving it a damn good run
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Some cars that don't get driven much or are just pootled about all the time tend to do this, if your cars one of then then don't worry.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
What max said. Do a oil and filter change and take it for a long hard ragging

And then bang that girl
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
service it and give it hell, the amount of cars that we had traded in at work like this, mainly corsa's and small vw's was insane
Thanks given by:
the cream is emulsified oil, caused by condensation forming within the block/head/crankcase while the cars warming up. usually the car is warmed up and internal temps go above 100C---this turns condensation to steam which is then dealt with by the engine temps getting higher and effectively burning it away.
but if you onld do short runs so the engine doesnt really get hot, the condensation stays---and drops onto the oil settled in the sump. the cold running engine will also suffer from petrol seeping down the bores, also mixing with the oil, thinning it out and keeping the petrol smell.

answer is do an oil /filter change with a flush first and try to give the car a good run as often as possible to heat up the engine and clear the condensation out.
i usually advise owners of such cars to have 2 oil changes per year, my 306 and galaxy tdi included.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any advice on a 138bhp hdi engine? Iceman299 17 3,679 31-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Redordead89