insurance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
insurance
Hey guys
Just wondering if any of you guys are about 18/19 and got a dt as your first car and roughly how much your paying? Because I refuse to pay 5grand on a car worth less that 600quid

Thanks ash
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
19 and it was my first car I was paying 3400
Thanks given by:
When was this?
Thanks given by:
About 3 month ago with ecar no mods declared or anything spent hours ringing and quoting trying every trick it book but could get it no cheaper
Thanks given by:
i think i was 17 when i first insured my 1.2 nova... payed £1200 full comp...

Try adding your mum or dad on to the policy and limiting your miles...
Thanks given by:
If it's too expensive dude just tell them that you can't afford it right now and all will be OK until you save enough money...

[Image: il1jaw.gif]
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Try brokers and adding women as named drivers, think i was paying 1900 on my HDi at 18
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Brentacre and flux. Play them off each other. That's what I done lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Flux wouldn't even insure me phil :/
Thanks given by:
They won't, you need 2 years licence i believe or they won't insure you.. i had the same problem!

Try a broker called A-Plan, they sorted out my insurance for me twice now
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
try directline/bell/aviva
Thanks given by:
Tesco give you annonline discount and another 10% if you have a clubcard
Thanks given by:
Shit me it's gone up. 3 years ago when I was 17, dturbo first car, 1000 quid!
Thanks given by:
Top tips are (and not all of these apply to all insurance companies)

Move to a safer post code (go and live at your aunts or nans house)

Add someone over 30 but under 50 you your insurance as a named driver (especially if they have a clean licence or low risk job) If you want to try adding my details give me a PM but your mum is probably a better choice.

Garage your car overnight or keep it offroad

look on money saving expert at their list of jobs and risk and see if your job falls into a lower risk catergory by a slight change of title Student, journalist and unemployed are the worst. however if you start your own company and are the Managing Director i believe that can offer a relatively low risk.

Do your pass plus (and any other driver training you can get)

Get an excess thats worth the same as the car, if its your fault/your the only car involved then replacing a £600 car will be less than your premium will go up by anyway the next year.

and then we move onto the really heavy stuff

Get the insurance company to fit a black box that monitors when, where and how you drive and charges you accordingly. If your sensible for a year you could save ALOT of money.

Get a policy that only allows you to drive at certain times of day most accidents especially serious ones with inexperienced and young drivers happen in the small hours of the morning.
Thanks given by:
Tell em you leave it stuck on the road and that it doesnt have an immobiliser...saved myself nearly £50 on the 106 by doing that lol, the complete opposite of what you'd think!

The main thing though, is to add older named drivers, female ones with clean licences! I've still got my mum and aunt on there now and Ive been driving over 3 years.
Thanks given by:
oh and try fully comp, it can work out cheaper than 3rd party.
Thanks given by:
Modify the f*ck out of it.. The more I declare, the cheaper it seems to get!

Also add people to the policy, older drivers are a good bet, but another good one seems to be add a female driver on a provisional license.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Well I think someone said if its on a drive or garage you have a chance of hitting it on the way in, and yea I'll ask my ex to go on it with her provisinal lol
Thanks given by:
I'm 20 and my DT cost me around the £1300 mark to insure

Not cheap, but you can't put a price on BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I'm 20, live less than 30 mins from Carl, and my stage 2 HDi is around the £700 mark.

[Image: 2418346408_db05b6257e_m.jpg]

Thanks given by:
im 19 on a "standard" dt and looking about the 5000 mark atleast
Thanks given by:
Don't what to say mate, that sounds STUPIDLY expensive, are you sure you are filling in the details correct?

"standard" is it hahaha? Mine is also "standard"
Thanks given by:
What occupation are you putting down ash?

And who are you with jonny? That's less than my standard hdi! Sad You're a few months older than me though....assuming that number is your birthday lol.
Thanks given by:
f*ck me that's dear!

When is it due? If it's not for a while, I'll have a look through the details with you at the Xmas meet, you've got to be doing something wrong there!

Thanks given by:
My first car was a 1.1 205, I was 18 paying 1380 FC, now I'm 19 with Dturbo still same policy/1st year paying 1580 Tongue

A mate of mine lives not far from me and pays 2500 FC, he's 21 been driving a month.. best part is he drove into the back of someone the other day and their claiming - epicfacepalm!
Thanks given by:
no its just because ive not longed passed and first car, looking to get it insured this week but not paying that! if anyone wants details like reg/age/post code ect to feel free to look to see if im doing it wrong be much apreciated
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2012, 06:00 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I'm 12 (well look it), live less than 30 mins from Carl, and my stage 2 HDi is around the £700 mark.

[Image: 2418346408_db05b6257e_m.jpg]

EFA
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
wouldnt be bothered but louis123 lives not far from me and hes only paying 1200 on his dt
Thanks given by:
try elaphant! im 19 no ncb with mum on my policy and its 1000
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Well I did a quote online and always says theeres a problem with the system
Thanks given by: