Londondan's Black Supercharged XUD New Video Inside!! :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Londondan's Black Supercharged XUD New Video Inside!! :D
Cool. I'll drop you a PM when i get to 20 posts lol
Thanks given by:
Small update but sometimes even the smallest of updates can be interesting to read!!

I've been sorting gauges today,

2 boost - one pre charger and one after
Oil pressure - plumbed in and working
Oil temp - not working, unsure why at the moment
EGT - The gauge is just a cheep Chinese jobby but the sender is the one which Darren left in the manifold so i assume will be of a decent quality but it doesn't work Sad It does work when connected to the sender that came with the gauge but I do't really want to use it. Also the cheep gauge cycles through the colours continuously which is disappointing I thought that I would be able to choose between the 7 colours available?

[attachment=18013]

[attachment=18014]

[attachment=18015]

[attachment=18016]

Had a major power steering leak a few days ago too which turned out to be the front cooler? It had rusted right through and had given up permanently! So... I cut the f*cker off and bypassed it, anyone had to to this before? Will there be any issues like this?

[attachment=18011]

[attachment=18012]

Also still no rev counter despite much metering, soldering and bodging! I'm going to need a replacement loom at some point I think, will probably be easier in the long run.

End of play today

[attachment=18017]

Videos are a bit crap due to failing light but hey Smile

Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Nice work.

PAS cooler pipe is a regular thing to corrode. Wont hurt without it. Alternstively get some copper pipe and make a new one for cheap
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If it is an Autoguage guage then wire all of the coloured wires together to get to choose the colour you want.
I know the wiring diagrams are confusing but googling it was what I did in the end and got it working right.
Thanks given by:
Good to see this still going, I miss my XUD soooo bad!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
The pas thing shouldnt matter. Some even came without them. My last hatch didnt have one this current one does.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2014, 05:30 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Good to see this still going, I miss my XUD soooo bad!!

You know what do about it........ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2014, 05:30 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Good to see this still going, I miss my XUD soooo bad!!

Rumour has it.. Blush
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2014, 06:13 PM)silverzx Wrote:

Rumour has it.. Blush

Do you mean "some say"

Yep car going strong, no major issues at all. I'll try the trick with the egg gauge.
I've also got a screen mount for my phone so I'll get some driving videos soon. Smile

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:

That is all Big Grin

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Video is private Sad
Thanks given by:
Dunno why it did that??? Sorted anyway!

Most important thing is I have a rev counter!!! Lol
Got to have a look at the legality of using my trade plates to take it for a test run now.

My next task for this week. Get this block striped down and off to the machine shop with the head and valves

[attachment=19797]

My new linkage that got knocked up to stop it fowling on the manifold

[attachment=19798]

The burnt loom

[attachment=19799]

Also needing some shells and piston rings. Any recommendations on where to go/prices etc. The shells are for hdi style sputter rods btw

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Sounds amazing...
Although you will NEVER know if a pulley is squealing or dying! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Good job. Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2014, 02:10 PM)Piggy Wrote: Sounds amazing...

Haha I know mate!!! Most of the pulleys and tensioners have all covered less than 500 miles so should be good for a while yet!!

(27-10-2014, 02:13 PM)silverzx Wrote: Good job. Smile

Cheers pal Smile

Check back later, out driving video currently being uploaded, all 1.3 gb of it which is taking ages!!!!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2014, 03:36 PM)londondan86 Wrote:
(27-10-2014, 02:10 PM)Piggy Wrote: Sounds amazing...

Haha I know mate!!! Most of the pulleys and tensioners have all covered less than 500 miles so should be good for a while yet!!

(27-10-2014, 02:13 PM)silverzx Wrote: Good job. Smile

Cheers pal Smile

Check back later, out driving video currently being uploaded, all 1.3 gb of it which is taking ages!!!!

1.3 GB?

I hope you have fibre.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Looking good chap, I miss this!

Sounds like you have something out of line somewhere or something the way the belt is sqeeking, any idea whats the cause? I cant stand a sqeaky belt!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
nice one . . . . . get it out for a spin . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Sounds and looks great.can't believe I've never seen this thread.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
the sound of that charger on an xud, just epic!
Thanks given by:

Well here she is out for a blast! Now I can actually tell where the boost is coming in at given rpm!!!

Turbo doesn't hit full chat til ~3.5k which to be fair - I love!! There is pull from minute one from the charger then bammmm kick up the ass and boooooost!! Manifold pressure is pinning the 30 psi gauge before the turbo is fully on song which itself is peaking around 22 psi. I therefore estimate peak manifold pressure to be at approx 40 psi at the moment.

Pump is lagging a bit so may need to look at that for the next build and possibly a conversation with you Mr Lobb of where to go next with it. Having said that it is supercharged 100% veg win at the mo!! lol

I'll reply to the comments in a min, just want to sort the video out first Smile

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
When that thing comes on song, it sounds fapping epic!

Don't fancy your dash vibrations however! lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(27-10-2014, 06:19 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Looking good chap, I miss this!

Sounds like you have something out of line somewhere or something the way the belt is sqeeking, any idea whats the cause? I cant stand a sqeaky belt!!

Cheers mate!! Yea, the belt is a nightmare!! I will be sacking off the power steering pump on the next build and going for a saxo jobbie. There just isnt enough contact on the pump at the mo. It does quieten down though once its warmed up

(27-10-2014, 06:21 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: nice one . . . . . get it out for a spin . . .Smile
See above!!! lol

(27-10-2014, 08:35 PM)7057sam Wrote: Sounds and looks great.can't believe I've never seen this thread.
Cheers pal. To be fair it has been quiet on and off due to a lack of activity

(27-10-2014, 08:47 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: the sound of that charger on an xud, just epic!

Mate, the videos dont do it justice!!!!

(27-10-2014, 09:02 PM)Grant Wrote: When that thing comes on song, it sounds fapping epic!

Don't fancy your dash vibrations however! lol

Yea, there are a lot of vibrations! lol The back is full of tools which didnt help either! lol

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Haha screamin' demon, sounds evil mate, love it Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
That looks mental!! Love it!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cheers gents!!! Got some inspiration back on it now! Big Grin

I'll be stripping the next block over the next few days so I'll keep this a bit more updated now.

I may also try and get it on the rollers this week and see what she's making Confused

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Sounds awesome man! Nice to have another Eaton friend as well :p
40psi, i bet thats got to be making a fair bit of power!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Lol Eaton fwend!! Not sure on the pulley ratios but I think it's around 3:1 so that charger is doing at least 15krpm!! It is epic!!!
Don't want to guess to much at power but I'd be disappointed at anything less than 200bhp!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
any more than about 7psi out of them chargers and your getting to the point where you are creating so much heat that its counteracting the extra boost.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I thought it would be louder on full blow!?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Londondan's HDi Cabby Project londondan86 11 7,306 07-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Last Post: insomaniac45
  Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside) Carlos182 122 41,142 26-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Carlos182
  Londondan's Smoothed Stage 2 HDi Estate 152bhp RR Vid inside! londondan86 50 29,312 23-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Last Post: RJDubya