The error code hungry hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The error code hungry hdi
Hello all,
Had a project thread over on .net but never really updated it since progress was pretty darn slow up to late this summer when finally got my ass in gear and harrased poodle enough to help me out lol

She be a china hdi dturbo, with clocks that say 139k miles..however due to a broken speedo sensor when I bought it I'm feeling it's more in the region of 145k

Current mods:
Stage 1
White lasers
Sub+uprated speakers
Decat + powerflow backbox
And my oem intercooler. What it's from is a secret Wink will say this though, only cost £20

Plans:
Stage 2 limited torque, trying to find some budget friendly uprated clutch
Fix the "whistle" that has appeared, video below
Find some different oem alloys, not clones

[Image: th_VID_20120907_143943.jpg]
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Hahaha finally got a thread up! Power still feel better than before?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
have you got a blanking plate on the egr?. arron had the same problem. did you clean the elbow and put a new gasket on?.
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 01:54 PM)karl1989 Wrote: have you got a blanking plate on the egr?. arron had the same problem. did you clean the elbow and put a new gasket on?.

I've put a new gasket on the main intake part it's a only a paper one though, just took the elbow off and found what looks like fresh tar/oil stuff on the egr gasket. thinking I might have had it on wrong way round?

Edit: I hate the egr gasket section, such a bitch of a job trying to put back together and when I do get it on the screws don't seem to want to line up

Edit 2: ordered blanking plate, since I'm thinking the egr gasket is a bit bent

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Just bang a cardboard gasket in there for now bud, should sort it out. Cereal box ftw! Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Way ahead of you, fixed the whistling problem. And now got a nice metal blanking plate for when the the cardboard gasket/blanking plate fails Big Grin since I don't fancy messing with those egr bolts again any time soon

Thanks given by:
Good meeting you the other night pal! I Like the white lasers. Are you still considering re routing the drivers side on the cooler?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Ah good stuff haha. Did you make up some brackets for that intercooler, or is it still on dodgy cable ties..?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(12-09-2012, 06:00 PM)Arron Wrote: Good meeting you the other night pal! I Like the white lasers. Are you still considering re routing the drivers side on the cooler?

Was good meeting you too, did you get my number of Karl? Cheers but they need a refurb will do it if the weather gets any better round here. I've pushed the cooler up on that side a bit since I noticed it was leaning and the pipes are not as low down as they were , went over some speedbumps yesterday without thinking about the pipes and didnt hear any rubbing so thinking the routing can stay as it is..for now at least

(13-09-2012, 04:04 AM)Poodle Wrote: Ah good stuff haha. Did you make up some brackets for that intercooler, or is it still on dodgy cable ties..?

I can neither confirm nor deny the use of cable ties Itwasntme lol
I am keeping an eye out for brackets though to the point were housemates have noticed me eyeing up most of the metal in the house

Thanks given by:
Hardware shop and a grinder for brackets mate!!!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 09:10 AM)lolsteve Wrote: ...housemates have noticed me eyeing up most of the metal in the house...

Hahaha winner, I fully expect to see your FMIC mounted on a couple of taps and a letter box when you come back for christmas.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Bit of an update,
Spilt about 15L biodiesel in the boot area back in april(?) and in recent weeks started noticing a seepage in the pasenger footwell , so got stripping the interior out and found this
[Image: IMG_20121003_124705.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20121003_124657.jpg]
Yummy
Tried cleaning it out but all I gained from that was a slippy backgarden and dirty finger nails, so resorted to this
[Image: IMG_20121004_124424.jpg]
Replaced foam with wool style, it's only a temp fix til I can be asked to invest in foam. All back together now however the seats sliding mechanism seems a little off

My interior fans have been playing with me for some time now decided they want to work when going round a roundabout or not working when the car is majorly steamed, up the cause being...
[Image: IMG_20120927_151611.jpg]
Yay for burning, not sure how to fix apart from getting rid of the pug plug and getting a new one

Thanks given by:
Haha like what you did there.. looks like its arc'd. When you put a new connector on check its the right amp fuse in for it

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Go to peugeot with the plug and they can sell you a replacement. normally less than a quid
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Lol.

When you planning on getting a clutch sorted, eh?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
To the pugeot parts desk I go!

I'll get a clutch after I kill my current whateveritisinthere with a stage 2..which I have yet to buy..Eurgh money.. on the plus side found a garage that could do the change for me.

Thanks given by:
Update time:

Last night/This morning won a set of nimrods for £19, waiting for the guy to reply to me about courier though I'm getting the impression he won't reply...Cheap wheels go
Waiting for a reply about some coilovers so can start this while lowering process
Got a knocking sound from the rear when breaking, thinking it's bust shocks so looking for replacements when it comes to lowering time
Clicky

Plans are to get stage 2 in time for pugfest/fcs , so keeping eyes out for clutch systems/insurance
Also need to do a cambelt/waterpump change soon I think but cringeing at garage prices to get it done

Thanks given by:
Saw your ebay link for the bargainous alloys. Suggest you get a local bod to collect and get it couriered from them. Failing that, drive from Bradford for a tank of derv!
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Check your beam mounts before shelling out for shocks, could be a cheaper fix. I'd say it's worth the extra money for bilsteins if you are getting suspension replaced, you still thinking about taking this on track more often?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What poodle said.

I had exactly same issue and it was rear beam... and whilst your up here if you want any work doing fairly reasonable/cheap let me know and I'll get you some quotes

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Got a reply from the alloy dude, he's not keen on me organizing a courier service said pick up only. Might have to road trip it

Best way to check mounts? I am wanting to take it out on pugfest and fcs this year since I fear I'll have to have something more sensible after uni for work

Thanks Arron, think the cambelt is priority at the moment since don't want it snapping like the girlfriends saxo if you could get a quote for a change I'd be grateful

Thanks given by:
Get under there with a torch you fucknugget, you know what knackered bushes look like haha. :p
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ideally a crowbar up on a ramp...

Let me know when your free steve I'll have a listen

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
ha fair enough, next free day I get I'll jack her up and start taking a look though the shocks will need changing anyway if im planning a ~60mm drop won't they?

I'll let you know when it's happening arron, get some bacon, some tea going maybe even turn it into a mini meet of sorts

Thanks given by:
Nimrods have arrived, £58 including the postage. Deal of the wheel Big Grin
Will need some spacers or something now to get them to fit
And currently respraying badges to get them in better condition for show seasons/general car pride

Thanks given by:
Managed to get them sorted in the end then, the guy agree to have them collected or what? Are they the 206 ones...?

I'm sure there's some spacers up at a decent price in the parts section atm... Should look sick on these man, you sorted out the lowering yet?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yea offered him a little extra to encourage him to wrap them up, arrived with the value bin bags he wrapped them in holding on for dear life.
They got the removable center cap and they weigh a bit as well so im guessing it's the 206 ones

I'll take a look for the spacers, thinking im needing ~20mm? will the lasers bolts be enough to hold them on or will i need another set? Gona spray them up white cause poundland spray paints Wink
I might have got the lowering partly sorted, got a set of coilovers im in talks over problem is the adjuster is seized and a guy at uni has a impact hammer thing that I could borrow

Thanks given by:
You'll need extended bolts dude.

I'd say 15 mil spaces would be fine but 20 will look good, may have to roll your arches a lil tho.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Go for 20mm mate, may well be able to borrow an arch roller to sort that out, and yeah extended bolts are very necessary. Speed shack did well for me, just be sure you know exactly what you're asking for.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Tested fitted one nimrod today on the rear, went on the hub fine and span around with only slight rubbage maybe 20mm isnt needed after all? tyres are 195/45 i think

Checked beam mounts today and all appear okay or at least not needing to be replaced just yet since the beams doesnt move around

Pretty sure I got warped disks now, turning the disk today showed areas of resistance and then ease got a video I'll put up later

Thanks given by: