Insurance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance
Do I need to declare to insurance that I have started stripping the rallye?

I guess they would need to know as I've taken the seats out? Also will I need to tell DVLA?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
If your going full on stripped then yeah insurance need to know.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Don't think it concerns dvla. Only have to inform them about engine / chassis details if you've done a conversion etc.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, I'm going very stripped. Lol think I'll pop them a call and see how much extra it would be
Thanks given by:
Probably charge quite a lot more for stripped.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2012, 08:43 PM)MarkTD Wrote: Don't think it concerns dvla. Only have to inform them about engine / chassis details if you've done a conversion etc.

It does, the V5 will say that the car has 5 seats............now it doesn't! so that needs changing to 2................

And just incase you don't believe me, the list of things that must be updated with the DVLA if you change them! -

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/motoring/own...dg_4022054
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2012, 09:59 AM)mark_airey Wrote:
(03-08-2012, 08:43 PM)MarkTD Wrote: Don't think it concerns dvla. Only have to inform them about engine / chassis details if you've done a conversion etc.

It does, the V5 will say that the car has 5 seats............now it doesn't! so that needs changing to 2................

And just incase you don't believe me, the list of things that must be updated with the DVLA if you change them! -

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/motoring/own...dg_4022054
do i need to inform them when i remove my back seats to fill her with rubbish for a tip run too?? . . . .:p
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
^^ this. I don't know how long it's going to stay stripped. (sound of fuel pump pissing my off already)
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2012, 10:31 AM)Matt Wrote: ^^ this. I don't know how long it's going to stay stripped. (sound of fuel pump pissing my off already)

ha ha . .i know Mark's right i just like to live dangerously . . .:p
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
You two physically remove your back seats to go to the tip? Weird! You can just lay them down you know Wink

Answer is yes though, you need to declare it. Depending on who you're with as to how you go about it. I'm with a company that has tick boxes online which I guess it could fall into 'interior changes' or 'removal of seats' which is also how I do it at work. Doesn't mean it'll cost you more, it'd just be the admin fee I'd imagine. Depending on if you're on a modified policy or not.
Thanks given by:
I thought you would have to change it. Would I have to declare it if I stripped it (carpets, interior trim etc) but put the seats back in?
Thanks given by:
i know JJ works for insurance but seriously, it's a 5 minute job to put them back in . . . .Smile
Thanks given by:
I know, it took me litterally and hour to strip rear seat, rear seat belts, c pillar trims, boot carpet arch lining and the sound deadening. So I know the rear seat will take literally 5 mins, this is why I'm think of putting them back in but keeping it stripped and just remove for track
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2012, 10:39 AM)Matt Wrote: I thought you would have to change it. Would I have to declare it if I stripped it (carpets, interior trim etc) but put the seats back in?

On my MOT it is an advisory that I was missing 'various interior trims', so I get the idea that you would have to inform insurance of that too..? I don't know, just thought I'd point out
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2012, 10:38 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: You two physically remove your back seats to go to the tip? Weird! You can just lay them down you know Wink

I do sometimes as well. If you just lie them down they don't go properly flat. So I just remove the bench and then the tops drop nice and flat giving me more room. And yes I know I could just lift the bench and drop the tops but the bench still always seems to be in the way, easier to remove it for the tip run Big Grin
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Yes tell the insurance! Mine actually went down when I stripped it!! They said if I can't have 5 people in it they cant have 5 peopleclaiming for injury lol

I spoke to the dvla and they said because I can put the seats back in then they won't change it and the chassis is for 5 seats
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
so would i have to tell them if i changed bumpers and skirts from ph2 to ph3?
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2012, 07:37 PM)bowers Wrote: so would i have to tell them if i changed bumpers and skirts from ph2 to ph3?

I did, didn't go up but its better they know, saves any problems in the future.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2012, 07:37 PM)bowers Wrote: so would i have to tell them if i changed bumpers and skirts from ph2 to ph3?

Yes they will wont to know, If you car has cyclones on but the OE spec of it doesnt you have to tell them,

If you buy a gti for example that already has cyclones on and you paint them a darker silver or gun metal they will want to know they are that anal about it

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Dont know if mine had cyclones on or not. They came with the car only just put them on tho Wink
Thanks given by: