power -> money

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
power -> money
I'm waqnting a little engine project as whats the point in spendng on shows and not goes, but the catch I'm not rich, whats the best route to take most power increase for cash input, I would like bike bodies + cammed but thinking homebrew sc may be a lot more power for the money, low boost around 250?
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Most power for least cash........... turn the fuel up, fit a big turbo...................oh wait, wrong engine! lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Ha ha stupid expensive electrical engine hey?!
Either going to run it standard or its going to cost me, so basically it's going to cost me!
Thanks given by:
My new build is going to cost sub 3k across the next 12months and aiming for ~300bhp. Across an extended period of time, the cost can be dispersed. And I'm on a student budget and part time work. It becomes costly when you start paying people to do work for you....
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Exactly, most gti builds seem to be bought not built this is not a route I will ever take, well apart from management
Thanks given by:
Mine is one of those "built not bought" projects and has still cost me a fair bit on my car!

I bought a set of Jenvey throttle bodies and was going to have head/piston work to have cams etc as well. Still would of only had around 200bhp and a fair few thousands spent, so I decided to sell it and go the supercharged route.

Much more bang for buck, decent amount of torque, and still can be used happily as a daily driver Smile
Chris
1999 China GTi6 Supercharged track car
2000 Bianca LX non turbo slowness

Team: I hate Sam Rowell's stanceboard!
Thanks given by:
This is kind of way I've been thinking, still going to cost, mostly management again though I reckon
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2012, 12:06 PM)mark_airey Wrote: Most power for least cash........... turn the fuel up, fit a big turbo...................oh wait, wrong engine! lmao

Roflninja
Thanks given by:
If your prepared to look past the 306, Swedish turbo cars are easily and cheaply tuned. My mates Saab 9000 is a J-reg 2.0 turbo, it cost him 450 quid off eBay with 175bhp as standard. With a bigger turbo (TD04 I think), bigger injectors, a massive intercooler sticking out of the bumper, a thick steel headgasket and an aggressive map he's running about 400bhp on pretty much standard internals, and he's only spent about 500 quid on it! It does eat a lot of gearboxes though, 4 in 2 years...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Im yet to see a gti6 make decent gains without spending silly money.....

If I had one personally, it would just be turbo'ed on aftermarket management...turbo side of it would cost few hundred, then rest on the management and mapping, but end of the day its only ever gunna be good for 250 on stock internals from what people seem to say....either that, or charge it yourself, for about 1/8 of the cost that the likes of lynx want...deffo dont bother with bodies / cams though if your after power....as unless you spend $$$$ on them builds, its just silly imo, the gains per pound are just crap, and even after like 5k, your at 300hp tops, which is just silly on a road car imo, when the same gains are possible for under 1k with a blower, and more fun to drive Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Secondhand M90, Megasquirt, bit of wiring fun = win.
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2012, 07:15 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: Secondhand M90, Megasquirt, bit of wiring fun = win.

Think you might have slightly over simplified things there a little bit lol but blown is the way forward!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Oh alright, a little bit of welding too.
Thanks given by:
This is going to be something similar to what i'm doing.. i want to go turbo but at the moment one of the biggest costs seems to be the turbo manifold :/
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by: