205's been in an accident.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205's been in an accident.
For those who havn't seen it on FB. I hadn't a little bump with the 205, there was a busy juntion near my house, lots of Goodwood traffic about, they where going fast ect, I went to turn right and didn't see a mk3 golf GTI driving on the road I was crossing so went into his wing and door. His car came off fairly well, wing and door. Mine has a demolished wing, indicator, headlight, bumper, spot light and bonnet. We're not going through insurance as he's local too me and a really nice guy so he said he'll give me the benifit of the doubt and let me sort it for him.

Here's the damage.....

[Image: 553765_4186116021666_983450247_n.jpg]

Pretty gutted really but it's fixable. In a good way it gives me more time to sort out the clutch as I'll be using my brothers 306 Dturbo in the meanwhile, so atleast I will still have some boost in my life even it's it's only a K03 Confused
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Proper shitter there mate :-( suppose its not the end of theline for the 205 which is the main part :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Shit man hope your ok!
Thanks given by:
Such a shitter mate. Looks like its quite an easy fix though so that's good Smile

And as said on fb as long as your okay mate Smile cars can always be replaced/fixed
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2012, 07:47 AM)Matt Wrote: Such a shitter mate. Looks like its quite an easy fix though so that's good Smile

And as said on fb as long as your okay mate Smile cars can always be replaced/fixed

Exactly Smile
Thanks given by:
Firstly, its not JUST a K03 Sleepy

Secondly, absoloutely gutted for you mate, such a shitter! In all seriousness, need any help sorting this out, gimmie a buzz, more than happy to pop over!
To be fair, looks to only be aesthetic damage, new wing/slam panel/bumper/lights, and you're away!

slam panel
wing
bumper (need a respray)
headlight
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys. I've started stripping it down and luckily it's just cosmetics. These don't have a slam panel like the 306's, it's not removable but it's ok, may need a slight bit of bending. So that's a relief.

Please do keep an eye out for wings/lights ect and if anyone knows of a green MK3 Golf 5dr breaking let me know Smile
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2012, 09:19 AM)strictly_derv Wrote: Please do keep an eye out for wings/lights ect and if anyone knows of a green MK3 Golf 5dr breaking let me know Smile

edited above; and no slam panel? or is just a top fascia type panel?? Undecided
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Will keep a look out locally for any parts. I'm only an hour (35mins if I'm hooning) down the road Smile
Thanks given by:
Good job the guy you hit is being cool about it, insurance would have been a dick
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
The only slam panel is between the headlights for the bonnet catch. The rest is all attacked to the body. It's OK though have the front end, hoping to get the box off tomorrow after work. Will update with pics.

I've got a holiday to France on the 17th for 4 days then off to Turkey for 3 weeks on the 28th so I might just keep it off the road for awhile not sure yet as I don't actually need a car, works up the road and my girlfriend offered to drive me about which she will probably regret saying lmao
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Gutted Sad

But look on the bright side, it's only cosmetic, you don't have to go through insurance, and no one was hurt.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
nooo!!! max what you done! get her back to how she was before the smash or i will take it off you and leave you the metro instead!!!
Thanks given by:
It'll be fixed don't worry Smile

Great so the guy took it to be inspected. Apparently the chassis best. So i'm gunna have to buy him a new car/give him the money for his. Mk3 5dr Golf GTI 16v, 100k miles fairly tidy (well was), taxed and mot. What do you lot think it's worth?
He's asking for my ins details ect to report it to the police incase of any problems. Worried he's gunna take the cash then try claim :/
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Probably worth 700-1000.
If your going to settle it that way, get a recipt printed up with both your signature and his on once you've paid him and detailing the reason why.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2012, 01:28 PM)Niall Wrote: Probably worth 700-1000.
If your going to settle it that way, get a recipt printed up with both your signature and his on once you've paid him and detailing the reason why.

He said he paid £1,100 for it but praps he's boosting it up abit. I'll settle with £1000 for the car which I think is pretty fair.

I don't want to get insurance to get involved simply because it will be cheaper doing it this way after I pay excess, and the incrrease of insurance ect.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
You won't pay excess through insurance. You only pay excess if your claiming for your car to be repaired.
If you've got the cash to do it, offer him 1k to buy the car. You take it away and break it for parts to claim money back or repair it and sell it, he hasn't got a leg to stand on if he tries claiming after you have paid up so everyone's a winner......well your not because you've just given him 1k but you get the idea....

Oh also, have you checked he's insured? Always suspect when people are so keen to stay away from insurance.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
OK cheers for the help mate. That has crossed my mind. Might ask for his insurance number aswel incase.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Yeah I would. Don't get shitty with him but just have a chat with him and see if you can agree on a price for his car. Tbh looking at the damage on your car, I HIGHLY doubt it's done much to his. Might of creased a sill but that's not a major problem.
If he tries to say "give me 1k but I'm going to use it to repair the car, just tell him to claim it off your insurance. Your insurance will go up much less than that over a year.
Or if you really do want to avoid insurance for what ever reason, say to him get some quotes to repair it and agree on a garage, book it in and then you go and pay for it your self. Don't give him the money as you can almost guarantee he's putting extra on top.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Make sure if your handing over money that youbhave a witness to it all. Maybe two. If you hand money over and you get him to sign something he may well put a make sig and claim he doesn't know what your talking about. Witness to watch and sign(take sneaky cash handover pics) make thing much better.

Give him £1k take his car fix and sell to toms306 Wink
Thanks given by:
What engine did the golf have? I really doubt it's worth that much... to put into comparison my friend recently bought a 5dr MK3 VR6 with full leather interior, all optional extras (digi climate control etc..) with a full miltek exhaust for £800 with 12 months tax and test.. MK3's don't really tend to hold there value much.. especially in comparison to mk1's or 2's
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm giving him £1,200 cash, to cover the car and the work he's missed out on. I just want this out of the way now so I get on with my car ect. I'll make sure of a witness and get him to sign a bit of pater declaring we've settled the incident and no further action will be taken.

(02-07-2012, 02:25 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: What engine did the golf have? I really doubt it's worth that much... to put into comparison my friend recently bought a 5dr MK3 VR6 with full leather interior, all optional extras (digi climate control etc..) with a full miltek exhaust for £800 with 12 months tax and test.. MK3's don't really tend to hold there value much.. especially in comparison to mk1's or 2's

It probably isn't, he got it from a garage. The last thing I want is him to start getting offensive as we're on pretty good terms ATM.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
1200 and you get the car?
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
^^ This!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2012, 01:24 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: It'll be fixed don't worry Smile

Great so the guy took it to be inspected. Apparently the chassis best. So i'm gunna have to buy him a new car/give him the money for his. Mk3 5dr Golf GTI 16v, 100k miles fairly tidy (well was), taxed and mot. What do you lot think it's worth?
He's asking for my ins details ect to report it to the police incase of any problems. Worried he's gunna take the cash then try claim :/

aye right, if the chassis is bent shouldnt your 205 be more f*cked?
reminds me of the time, when me auntie had a classic mini and went into the back of a rover 25. the rover 25 owner tried to say her boot floor etc was f*cked! mini only had a f*cked grill! that was at 5mph impacked.
i think the insurance laughed at the Rover 25 owner for trying to claim that her car was that f*cked by a classic mini at the speed of 5mph. be luckly if it marked the rear bumper of the Rover!
Thanks given by:
It doesn't work out right that you give him £1200 for a crappy Mk3 GTi 16v and he keeps the old shed, £1200 is far too much IMHO considering that my housemate, Stu bought a 106k mile GTi 16v just for the engine with fresh MOT and new tyres for £300...

If he's being a cock, take it through insurance, you might not be as bad as you think, but at least he won't have you over the barrel if he fancies taking it through insurance afterwards...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruans right (I'm ashamed to say I agree with a ginger). For that amount, you should be getting the car. Your not paying for the car to be repaired, your buying the car.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Just to echo what's been said, unless you're getting the entire car then he's having you on!

Also, you know this is the perfect time for this: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=148173
Thanks given by:
fair enough a bit of cash is going to him for missed out work , but £1200 is a bit of a joke when the car is only worth a fraction of that

http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

^Free check to see if license plate is insured
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Scenario 1
Check its insured
Check its taxed
if no to of the above tell him to jog on or police will be involved he will get too much trouble that way

Scenario 2
Offer a payment for the car to buy it off him (thats what insurance does as itl be a write off more than likely)
Offer value according to parkers Private sale etc not what he wants
Sign new keeper supplement and break the car get shut quickly no come back for him
Receipts Evidence the lot!

Scenario 3
Police wont be bothered about it really as its after so long and no one was badly hurt they may just give a reference if your lucky
Claim off insurance But tell him his insurance will go up too as a result!
Insurance may get arsey about it not being told straight away

Paying him that amount and keeping the car isnt the best thing to do he will bodge a few panels and carry on as normal and is up £1000 for nothing really
wouldnt offer to pay for repair costs because if he is saying chasis is bent insurance would write it off any way so revert to scenario 2
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Serious Accident to member Day666 13 3,160 06-04-2017, 11:44 AM