Rockers '6 Is back

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockers '6 Is back
Well got round to doing a few bits tosay and got my crystals fitted

[Image: 2012-07-01171414-1.jpg]
[Image: 2012-07-01174420-1.jpg]
[Image: 2012-07-01190037-1.jpg]

Looks so much cleaner at the front end now Smile but Srowell why were the sidelights wired up with a junction box? lol

[Image: 2012-07-01184509-1.jpg]

Also connected fogs to come on with mains and added a switch

[Image: 2012-06-30155149.jpg]

and made some brackets for the spotlights that will be replacing my fogs

[Image: 2012-06-30120431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks loads better mate whats ur plans with the fogs then? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Planning to stick some f**k off bright bulbs in the spots and have them on with mains as a direct swap for the fogs forthe lanes at night
also they have an led ring that i may connect to come on with the dip beam but not sure how that will look yet
Thanks given by:
If you're only using them for fogs why not get a set of HID's for them? Probably cost around the same sort of price as some decent halogens but be much much brighter and last longer Smile Mine were only £35 delivered IIRC and came the next day!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks soooo much better with crystals, soo much fresher Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Might get a set of hid bulbs anyone recommend some ? Think the spots are h1
Thanks given by:
Got mine from a company called Autronix (IIRC) on eBay but even though i ordered them at like 3pm they were at my door the next day with free delivery, come with a 1 or 3 year warranty too i believe.. Colour wise really depends on what you want, 6k will be white with a slight blue tinge whilst 8k and on will get more blue/purple and not as bright
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
think ill go for 3500 or 4300 as im not really a fan of white lights
Thanks given by:
Next plans are

Fit the spots

Get hold of an air intake/snorkel and replace the filtermay go back to a panel filter and standard box

Debating between an unvented goona splitter + standard mirrors

New wheels - probably clones with toyo T1Rs - what sort of tyre life do you get out of these though as I've heard they're quite soft and i do naybe 250 miles a week?

New windscreen as this has got a mahoosive crack from the rain sensor

Thinking about changing the exhaust over to something with a bit less noise
Thanks given by:
Got a set of blue carpets from an s16 after a long search will clean them up and hopefully fit at the weekend, going to run in the cabling for an amp at the same time
Thanks given by:
Plans sound good mate. The wheels are needed badly =P lol. Glad to hear you managed to source a carpet at last as well. Think you managed that pretty quickly TBH

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
i know the wheels need doing but moneys going to making it a nicer noise first Wink

yeah carpet was thanks to a tip from frosty and tbh they arent in bad condition just need a clean then theyre going in
Thanks given by:
i am the blue carpet finder! or just the guy thats spends to much time on ebay! lol

give me a shout if you want a hand though mate! this weekend aint great for me but maybe friday night if you want a hand?
Thanks given by:
tbf mate doesnt look like its going to be a difficult job should be able to blast it in a few hours on saturday if the weathers good

welcome to drop me a text if your bored though Tongue
Thanks given by:
Cracked the vax out and gave these a good clean last night

[Image: 2012-07-25200534.jpg]

also gave it a clean and went over it with some AG Aqua wax which did a pretty good job but by the time i finished was dark lol

[Image: 2012-07-23225115.jpg]
[Image: 2012-07-23225056.jpg]

and what i came out to in the morning

[Image: 2012-07-24083521.jpg]
[Image: 2012-07-24173602.jpg]
[Image: 2012-07-24173556.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well the carpets went in this weekend with a bit of pushing and shoving lol had a few problems but pleased with how they look now, will put some pictures up when i get them off the camera
Thanks given by:
Fitting the carpets

drivers seat out
[Image: DSC_3237.jpg]

Both seats out
[Image: DSC_3295.jpg]

Center console out
[Image: DSC_3299.jpg]

This little fucker has to come out to pull the carpets back
[Image: DSC_3331.jpg]

Took ages to work out these little clips pop off and it splits into 2 bits
[Image: DSC_3347.jpg]
[Image: DSC_3342.jpg]

Leaving this
[Image: DSC_3350.jpg]

Pulled front carpets out
[Image: DSC_3354.jpg]

Rears out
[Image: DSC_3362.jpg]

Trying and failing to run an amp cable
[Image: DSC_3386.jpg]

Carpets to go in
[Image: DSC_3227.jpg]

Rears in nice and easy
[Image: DSC_3391.jpg]

Only pic I've got of the front in so far
[Image: 2012-07-29162419.jpg]

Will update with a decent one of it all in later
Thanks given by:
Coming together nicely! Can't believe you found an s16 carpet, they must be rare as anything. I'd swap back to standard mirrors if I were you, m3 ones look pretty dated now.

What open filter have you got on it at the moment? I switched back to a standard airbox with green panel filter and kind of miss the noise tbh.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Did you have any trouble getting the front carpet in over the side impact sensors? I did! Also there's a small hole on the drivers side one. Assuming its for the fuel cap release on the ph1

Cars looking good mate!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Love the carpet!!! Want it in mine!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Everyone is fitting blue carpet!

I feel left out. I have blue carpet in the house which I suppose I can console myself with haha!

Looks good fella. Your seats look to be in amazing condition, is it just a lucky angle or are they that good in reality?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Looking good chap Smile
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(08-08-2012, 08:28 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: Coming together nicely! Can't believe you found an s16 carpet, they must be rare as anything. I'd swap back to standard mirrors if I were you, m3 ones look pretty dated now.

What open filter have you got on it at the moment? I switched back to a standard airbox with green panel filter and kind of miss the noise tbh.

Im still undecided about the mirrors mate i have standards here ready to go back on if i feel like it and its a K&n Cone filter will get pics if i take it off to clean it this weekend

(08-08-2012, 08:40 PM)Niall Wrote: Did you have any trouble getting the front carpet in over the side impact sensors? I did! Also there's a small hole on the drivers side one. Assuming its for the fuel cap release on the ph1

Cars looking good mate!

I did mate i just trimmed a little of the foam away from behind where the sensors are, and i didnt think it was the cap release being so far back but cant see it being anything else, i ended up cutting a new hole for the lever but its not perfect and keeps popping off also lost the spring lol

(09-08-2012, 08:14 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: Everyone is fitting blue carpet!

I feel left out. I have blue carpet in the house which I suppose I can console myself with haha!

Looks good fella. Your seats look to be in amazing condition, is it just a lucky angle or are they that good in reality?

The drivers seat is alright on the bolster starting to go but the seat base is buggered and torn but the rest of the seats are brilliant condition
Thanks given by:
Got these and gave them a clean

[Image: 2012-08-09215851.jpg]
[Image: 2012-08-09224548.jpg]

Need some paint ninja
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2012, 11:37 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Need some paint ninja

no you dont, you need wet and dry. Big Grin
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Shush you i cant find it but its round here somewhere Tongue
Thanks given by:
best dig out the wire wool then!

Thanks given by:
im 99% sure i wont find that either my place is a mess!

nay get them powdercoated instead though Big Grin
Thanks given by:
anodise them instead Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Now why would i do a thing like that? Tongue

and how much would it cost lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rockers '6 rocker8742 56 18,935 18-11-2017, 08:42 PM