Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nialls supercharged GTi6 - project tidy up
Right so its now 4 days until i leave for FCS. I start my new job tomorrow which means i am going to be working long days for the next few weeks and i still have left to do...
Full clean, clay, polish and wax
fix spiking AFR (potentially earth issue)
Make mount for MAP sensor
sort out speaker whine (again, potential earth issue)
Tidy engine bay
Raise rear beam slightly and align it
make club banner frame
Make it to FCS friday morning without the aid of RAC

Wish me luck lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(31-05-2015, 05:20 PM)Niall Wrote: Right so its now 4 days until i leave for FCS. I start my new job tomorrow which means i am going to be working long days for the next few weeks and i still have left to do...
Full clean, clay, polish and wax
fix spiking AFR (potentially earth issue)
Make mount for MAP sensor
sort out speaker whine (again, potential earth issue)
Tidy engine bay
Raise rear beam slightly and align it
make club banner frame
Make it to FCS friday morning without the aid of RAC

Wish me luck lol

Half of that you can do in the field!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I'll bring a tow pole and save you from the RAC.
Thanks given by:
Isn't that the same to-do list from six months ago? Get on with it you massive mincer. Tongue
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Did you make it without the aid of the RAC? How about the way back lol
Thanks given by:
The way there he did following me, the way back who knows.
Thanks given by:
Cheeky bastards Tongue
I made the whole journey fault free! All that happened was a i popped a boost hose on the parade lap which was my fault as i don't think i did the jubilee up properly when i removed my IC the other day!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Working on the principal that any break down you can fix yourself at the road side isn't a break down, good lad.
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2015, 05:07 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Working on the principal that any break down you can fix yourself at the road side isn't a break down, good lad.

Got to otherwise it will look like this car is unreliable lmao

Looks like I've got some fun work one evening this week  Dodgy

[Image: IMG_3878_zpspbbnschy.jpg]
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Is that a bov? Oh hang on its just a caliper kit Tongue
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Boo buy go faster parts
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
He just bought a expensive go faster bit in fact we both have ?
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
Well as Stefan says, we have both just bought go faster bits. 

So, since the beginning of this build I've had an issue where at certain throttle loads, you were on the verge of the dump valve slamming shut which was like it coming on boost. On the motorway this was stupidly annoying. Ive tried several different things and also started looking into going back to the original Mercedes electronic butterfly to control boost but after a bit more research, me and Stef both came to the same conclusion that there was only one way to stop these chargers boosting as and when they please....

[Image: IMG_3891_zpsdesubi2h.jpg]

No, sorry its not a turbo......yet ninja

[Image: IMG_3892_zpspo0gpvcq.jpg]

Tial Q 50mm BOV with a specific supercharger -3 psi spring. Should do the job nicely! Just need to get the boss welded onto my pipework which i really need to do before pugfest!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
So I've got the BOV temporarily fitted. I say temporary because i bought a 50mm t piece which means my boost piping is just full of silicone joins which I'm not happy with. Ive ordered a new pipe running from the IC to the inlet and will be having the proper boss welded on ASAP so i can get rid of a load of silicone joins Smile
Anyway, been for a brief drive with the BOV on and what a difference. The car is much more drivable, much smoother and is almost like driving a NA car and you still got a cheeky bit of noise when letting off the throttle. Its a lot of money for a Tial but i highly recommend them!!

Anyway, still have braking issues Sad At the weekend i did some measuring and it turns out my bells are warped. Not by a huge amount but still enough to give me a nasty wobble.

https://youtu.be/ONOdiL2ui3k

Ive spoken to a local engineering firm who are happy to take the whole lot to measure and skim where needs be so I'm really hoping ill get this done before Saturday. If not then ill be doing the hill run in a Passat lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
That's plenty enough disc runout to cause judder I'm afraid Sad time for a skim..... Good work on the waste gate how much is a Tial one out of interest? I know their not cheap!
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2015, 09:43 PM)ArmzSC6 Wrote: That's plenty enough disc runout to cause judder I'm afraid Sad time for a skim..... Good work on the waste gate how much is a Tial one out of interest? I know their not cheap!

Yeah its all in the bells Sad They are going for skimming Wednesday though Smile

I paid £168 delivered for the Tial from Owen Developments but they did me a deal. Normally about £180 minus delivery. Seriously though, its transformed the way the car drives!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
its not a wastegate Wink its a bov
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
One of mine needed a light 4thou skim. Both discs had 5thou taken and they are bang on now
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
discs or bells Adam? My rotors are virtually new (300 miles probs?) so hope they aren't now wrecked!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
One bell, both discs on the 310 kit. My discs had that mileage too...

Failed wheel bearing did the one disc, the bell the other
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Fixed it yet? Tick tock tick tock
Thanks given by:
Haha right I've gotten somewhere but not far enough.
Took the bells back to the machine shop this morning. They have now taken some off the inside of the hub mating face and the discs are now turning with a 0.05mm run out. So basically perfect! I have however discovered i have a sticking piston. I have a rebuild kit here so have taken the calliper apart and realised I'm missing half the tools i need to finish the job. So, I've had a tantrum and bought some brand new callipers which are showing up first thing Saturday. Nothing like leaving things till the last minute lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(09-07-2015, 07:51 PM)Niall Wrote: Haha right I've gotten somewhere but not far enough.
Took the bells back to the machine shop this morning. They have now taken some off the inside of the hub mating face and the discs are now turning with a 0.05mm run out. So basically perfect! I have however discovered i have a sticking piston. I have a rebuild kit here so have taken the calliper apart and realised I'm missing half the tools i need to finish the job. So, I've had a tantrum and bought some brand new callipers which are showing up first thing Saturday. Nothing like leaving things till the last minute lol

So is this the right time to make an offer on those calipers? Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Fs thread Tongue
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 07:13 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 07:51 PM)Niall Wrote: Haha right I've gotten somewhere but not far enough.

So is this the right time to make an offer on those calipers? Wink
I'll start the bidding 

Mars bar and a reach around.....
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 07:57 AM)7057sam Wrote: I'll start the bidding 

I'll raise that a four finger kit cat cos everyone loves four fingers inside them.
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 09:29 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 07:57 AM)7057sam Wrote: I'll start the bidding 

I'll raise that a four finger kit cat cos everyone loves four fingers inside them.

I see your serious offers there guys and raise you..

1x struggle snuggle @ pugfest AND a snickers, cos everyone loves nuts.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
out of interest, how much did it cost to get your bell(end)s skimmed?
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 04:49 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: out of interest, how much did it cost to get your bell(end)s skimmed?

£20 to measure the whole lot and skim the bits that needed doing Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 04:56 PM)Niall Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 04:49 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: out of interest, how much did it cost to get your bell(end)s skimmed?

£20 to measure the whole lot and skim the bits that needed doing Smile

hmmm sounds cheap, could do with my RD discs having a skim, got some brake judder on the go and their 'custom' discs are $$$ - might need a hook up, got a quote of £50+vat round here
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,845 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed! Matt-Rallye 70 32,766 07-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,714 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese