Dave's Euro-ish moonstone, return of the banded steels.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave's Euro-ish moonstone, return of the banded steels.
(09-07-2012, 03:52 PM)tomw1123 Wrote: That looks shit hot mate Big Grin

Thanks!
(09-07-2012, 05:46 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Wheels look chuffing epic buddy!
Merci!

(09-07-2012, 06:09 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Are they the spare wheel you get when you have alloys?

And look very nice. Love the colour Smile
Couldn't tell you mate, all I know is that they are a late version of 306 steels!

The colour is astor, which really works I think, although the paint job on them isn't the best (as Chris was very quick to point out :p).

(09-07-2012, 08:14 PM)Poodle Wrote: Really like those! Looks tidy mate, nice work.

Cheers mate, it's getting there.

I need to paint the wipers as the paint is all flaking off, black/astor mask my headlights, try and sort the exhaust out (to see if I can get the bloody thing on my drive) and paint a few bits (in astor I think).
[Image: sig-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Right, I'm reviving this as the car has stayed the same for too long now, and I'm in danger of getting bored! Money is tight but I'm in need of inspiration, to freshen things up a bit. Thoughts?

Ps, lowered cars and snow don't mix:
[Image: 2511195A-924D-41F5-82FB-C7ED017F8D2B-483...72E652.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Phase 3 gti spoiler, smoothe bumper, bonnet and bootlid, black mask head lights, tint the rear lights, meridian half leathers

Thats what id do chap
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks really smart actually. Not keen on all the stickers on the back window but I've had cars like that in the past, plastered in all manner of stickers!

What are the future plans?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I think you need to change you're wheels... and sell them to me haha
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 09:12 AM)sam Wrote: Phase 3 gti spoiler, smoothe bumper, bonnet and bootlid, black mask head lights, tint the rear lights, meridian half leathers

Thats what id do chap
Cheers for the reply mate. Already got half leathers in, and I've had a spoiler for a while but I don't think it'll go with the wheels, roof bars etc. Smoothed bonnet would be my next move, it's just the cash that's the issue!

(29-01-2013, 09:42 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Looks really smart actually. Not keen on all the stickers on the back window but I've had cars like that in the past, plastered in all manner of stickers!

What are the future plans?
Thanks mate. I really can't decide! The wheels need a refurb so I've thought about a change of colour scheme, tempted to go bright pink or something daft. Don't know if I'd regret it though. Money is tight, which is stopping me smoothing the boot or bonnet/grill. Feel like it needs some little touches to freshen it up.

(29-01-2013, 10:56 AM)rd070707 Wrote: I think you need to change you're wheels... and sell them to me haha

Haha you aren't the first to say that, think they are the one thing that won't change!
Thanks given by:
Please dont do them pink as i know chris has done his spare wheels pink i think you need to make it look different lol
Thanks given by:
Pink looks nice with moonstone. It was my next plan for my old one. Anth with pink touches.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2013, 04:22 PM)tim 306td Wrote: Please dont do them pink as i know chris has done his spare wheels pink i think you need to make it look different lol

Aye, if I'm honest seeing his wheels is why I fancy doing mine pink, looks good. But you're right, something different would be better.
(29-01-2013, 04:43 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Pink looks nice with moonstone. It was my next plan for my old one. Anth with pink touches.
Aye it does, something different is probably in order though.

I'm just struggling as smooth boot and smooth bonnet seems the most obvious way forward.
Thanks given by:
After having a think I'm leaning towards fmic next, maybe stage 2 eventually. Just don't fancy forking out for an uprated clutch.
Thanks given by:
go with the XUD clutch mate its a cheaper option on holds the power thats what i had on my old hdi
Thanks given by:
Those wheels look epic!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I'm a fan of them rims also...

Plumb the fmic in then slowly decide what clutch you want whilst u tweek the boost/mapping side of it. Difference between stage 1 and 2 is like night and day

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2013, 01:00 PM)tim 306td Wrote: go with the XUD clutch mate its a cheaper option on holds the power thats what i had on my old hdi
I'm tempted to, was it stage 2?

(30-01-2013, 01:03 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Those wheels look epic!

Cheers mate!

(30-01-2013, 04:03 PM)Arron Wrote: I'm a fan of them rims also...

Plumb the fmic in then slowly decide what clutch you want whilst u tweek the boost/mapping side of it. Difference between stage 1 and 2 is like night and day

I'm inclined to do this. Just don't want to lose any reliability with it being my only transport, had any reliability issues? Is a limited torque map worthwhile? Need to find myself a nice cheap fmic.
Thanks given by:
Right, I feel like I've done a lot of talking but not much has changed recently. Plans at the moment are fmic in the next few weeks (I'm after the 406 elbow and pipes if anyone has any!). For the front mount I'm thinking of removing the whole grille and fogs, with long piping either side of the intercooler rather than silicon 90s, much like what cspellowe did. The plan is to have the silicon reducers in pink, and to paint the lip on the banded steels to match. Thoughts? Unsure if that's the best way to do the fmic, or whether I should keep the fogs (they don't work and if they did I wouldn't use them).
Thanks given by:
If you wanna do that I think go with black hard pipes, the chrome looks a bit 'too much' IMO. Also black FMIC...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Car looks awesome, fmic you wont regret. I think you should keep the fogs in, i think they look good just get some glass paint and paint the fog covers in yellow, or pink if you like.ha.
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 12:49 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: If you wanna do that I think go with black hard pipes, the chrome looks a bit 'too much' IMO. Also black FMIC...

Quite like the idea of that, all black with the pink reducers. Could I paint the intercooler black or would that cause issues?
Thanks given by:
Some say it will but plenty have done it. The fun bit will be that being there in the front of the car it will chip Sad

Someone more knowledgeable will be along in a minute...
Thanks given by:
Are you ready to sell your wheels yet mate.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-02-2013, 03:34 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Some say it will but plenty have done it. The fun bit will be that being there in the front of the car it will chip Sad

Someone more knowledgeable will be along in a minute...

Ok mate cheers.

(04-02-2013, 04:36 PM)kingy Wrote: Are you ready to sell your wheels yet mate.
Sadly not mate! They're my favourite bit of the car!

Very quick shop:
[Image: shoop_zpse4327519.jpg]

Thoughts?
Thanks given by:
what offset are those wheels anyway?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't do the pink!

They are standard steel wheels, just with 2" added to them if that helps.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pink is for women and puffs.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The pink looks shit on moonstone
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Looks like the pink isn't very popular! To be fair, I thought it would have looked better than that! Still going with the whole grille coming off including fogs,might just stick with blue silicone. Presume I'll just want two pipes with a 180 bend in for either side to fill the gap, with a reducer each side from the intercooler?
Thanks given by:
Would it not be possible to try and retain the fogs, but remove the central / horizontal slats in the grille? I think that would look really smart...
Thanks given by:
As c.a.r said... that was my original plan but I was talked into fo'sho, but its kind of veered the car off the OEM+ theme.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2013, 10:15 PM)Arron Wrote: As c.a.r said... that was my original plan but I was talked into fo'sho, but its kind of veered the car off the OEM+ theme.

Just looked through your project thread mate, really smart car. Like how your cooler sits, going to pm you a few questions if you don't mind.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 6DACB23A-DAEC-4056-A3CF-0F4B1A87F234-157...7124e6.jpg]

Just a quick test run as it's all getting fitted on Sunday. I've got the 406 bottom and top pipe on the way, I've got a 90 silicon reducer 57mm-51mm to come off the bottom pipe, all the clamps, a couple more straight connectors and another metre of aluminium piping, but I reckon I might need another couple of silicon 90s. What do you folk reckon?

Also I've got my take off for the boost gauge, egr blank and slimline fans with fixing kits. Have I forgotten anything?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ph1 black d turbo, OEM/Euro Lew_Derv_T 95 48,828 23-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bobertmate
  Project 306 ph1 euro m477 oov 22 7,874 17-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Last Post: m477 oov
  matts xsi euro project Matt 542 158,491 10-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Poodle