Can't move my engine - Ideas/problem solvers help.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't move my engine - Ideas/problem solvers help.
(24-10-2016, 07:06 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Roll it on logs, also if people could only lift 50kg they'd be total pussies Big Grin

Worked for the egyptions.. they did have a couple of hundred thousand slaves tho and i dont think they were moving something quite this heavy
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Nah i'm sure the 30-foot capstone was a breeze to lug about compared to cummins... Tongue

Rollers will work just fine, if you're really struggling for helpers use a couple of chocks while you move rollers and a ratchet strap to tow it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
*awaits broken foot/ankle /leg pictures
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Isnt there a tree just up from where you need it?

So a manual chain winch, couple pulleys to dial it down, and a couple 3' scaffold bars...moved in no time
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2016, 08:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: Isnt there a tree just up from where you need it?

So a manual chain winch, couple pulleys to dial it down, and a couple 3' scaffold bars...moved in no time

but he doesn't want to move the tree...
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Hahaha...true.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The one nearest I chopped down, the other one isn't mine to uproot and is a bit far
Thanks given by:
I have moved countless engines with the trailer method, thats your best bet i would say Smile

Just put plenty of boards on the trailer to help spread the weight.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
TLDR.

Drop it on a wooden crate, get a tow rope or similar, tie it on numerous points of the crate and drag the fucker with the ranger
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2016, 07:39 AM)ginge191 Wrote: TLDR.

Drop it on a wooden crate, get a tow rope or similar, tie it on numerous points of the crate and drag the fucker with the ranger

ffs mcstephenmcdetailface hes already said he couldnt do that.
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2016, 07:55 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(26-10-2016, 07:39 AM)ginge191 Wrote: TLDR.

ffs mcstephenmcdetailface hes already said he couldnt do that.

ffs samboatymcboatface, TLDR. Makeup

i MIGHT go back and read and see why this isn't an option - i managed to drag my engine (albeit by hand) across a muddy horse yard, let alone a smooth concrete driveway

EDIT: Read it, and he's deciding to use a trailer to lift it onto, how would the truck not get in but a trailer would. Think I need a picture to see what's up with this...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
sky hooks..... but seriously, do like the romans would, capture 100 slaves and use them.......no but seriously, pallet or similar, rollers and a ground anchor for the winch, like the tree........less messy than greased boards.

had a similar problem with a caravan, up hill on grassy road so car etc was out, used scotches and woman power, walked it up, bit by bit.
Thanks given by:
Gotta ask the question though...if your having this much trouble simply moving the engine from point A to point B....how are you planning on dropping it in the truck??
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Other solution.. Hire a forklift Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2016, 03:16 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Other solution.. Hire a forklift Tongue

on that note, what about a pallet and a set of these

[Image: AC25(4).gif]
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2016, 03:29 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
(26-10-2016, 03:16 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Other solution.. Hire a forklift Tongue

on that note, what about a pallet and a set of these

[Image: AC25(4).gif]

good suggestion Wink
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
You forget I live down the road and am 6'10" and 16 stone of pure steroid pumped muscle.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2016, 11:25 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Gotta ask the question though...if your having this much trouble simply moving the engine from point A to point B....how are you planning on dropping it in the truck??

Yeah, I've been pondering that issue. I think that I might just end up backing the crane against the kerb so it isn't going anywhere and then moving the truck rather than moving the engine.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any one up t'north move a car for me from Portsmouth. Chris_90 48 9,758 07-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Danny2009
Thumbs Down My 205 XUD- the time has come to move on strictly_perv 32 6,543 25-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Last Post: ginge191