Anyone with TIG welding knowledge?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone with TIG welding knowledge?
Hopefully someone can help me here, I'm looking to buy a TIG so I can weld aluminium. The issue I'm having is finding an AC/DC that runs single phase power for reasonable money.

I found this on eBay, it looks reasonable but also quite cheap compared to what I've been looking at. Is it worth going for or too good to be true?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-DC-TIG-WELD...58cdb4769d
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Tis just generic Chinese crap, might work, might not, but either way, it wont for long if you intend to use it more than once a month....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2015, 07:34 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Tis just generic Chinese crap, might work, might not, but either way, it wont for long if you intend to use it more than once a month....

Rubbish, as suspected then Sad

Thanks given by:
unfortunaatly cheap is always crud....

i bought a cheap arc welder, lasted me 2 months... bought a semi decent priced 2nd hand arc welder, and still have it. Its still running sweet, and use it quite often, (welding gates and box at the farm)

i would just keep a look out in your local area for a semi decent one 2nd hand. Smile
Not always Grumpy!!
306 Cabby SE, 2.0l 16v 
To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

Thanks given by:
Deffo, You wont get into a decent NEW welder at that kinda price, not even a decent any kind of welder at that price tbh...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Here plenty of good things about this company:
http://www.r-techwelding.co.uk/welding-e...ig-welder/
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2015, 09:34 PM)ConorTRG Wrote: Here plenty of good things about this company:
http://www.r-techwelding.co.uk/welding-e...ig-welder/

Me to actually, although ive never personally used one / even seen one, people seem to speak fairly decently of there products for entry level / budget applications etc..
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Mm. Lots better. And more like what I expected to pay tbh, as nice as it would be to get it cheaper. Group buy anyone? lol

Thanks given by:
Any particular reason you want Tig? You can set a mig up for Ali.
Thanks given by:
i'd be interested in a hobby mig (with gas), for the right price (like ebay level) Wink
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2015, 06:52 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: i'd be interested in a hobby mig (with gas), for the right price (like ebay level) Wink

I do have a "spare" mig that could potentially be sold.. What sort of money were you thinking?

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mig welding cast bashbarnard 11 2,861 24-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Welding Cages Jonny81191 8 1,563 30-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191
Question Mazda or ford knowledge please Slam Wagon 12 3,039 07-11-2014, 12:37 AM
Last Post: procta