Missing the 306 scene!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing the 306 scene!!!
Well I've been quiet on here over the last few months or so after the last project went to heaven and epically regretting it! For anyone considering giving up on a project, don't!!! Just shelf it and return to it later!

So, having decided I wanted another 306 and the missus hdi estate not being enough to satisfy the itch the search began! I wasn't sure weather to go for a '6 as I've never had one or go for something that I could make into a bit of a project. 

I then picked this up last weekend! 

She is currently a 1.8 16v SE 105k on the clock for £200 quid! Bargain! It came with a nice 2.5" stainless exhaust system too!

Drove 100miles to Leicester to get her then the bloody trailer burst a tyre 4 miles from home! Hence why it is on the side of the road in the pics above.

After a brief wash

The plans are:

Fix roof - has been leaking from one of the hoses but at the moment its not operating at all
Fix remote aerial - this has a crap aftermarket unit in which is getting ridiculously hot and wiping the battery
Fix central locking - currently bouncing back up (door loom??) also both key fobs not working
Begin prep for paint - yep the bodywork is overall pretty good but think a colour change may be on the cards
Lower - I'm thinking very low on this is going to be the only way to go!
Remove engine - the 1.8 is going (for sale)
Acquire a cheap donor hdi - yes you've guessed it Wink
Install a highly tuned 180+bhp hdi engine into the cabby
Timescale: FCS 2016!!!

I will do a proper project thread probably on monday when work begins so I hope this is ok in here for now (Nial) Smile
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
f*cking DO IT! Big Grin

What colour you got in mind???
[Image: 9fa12c59-0c3d-4413-968d-6a7840ff068f.jpg]
Stage 1 HDi DTurbo Diablo 5dr, "Dee-Dee"
Thanks given by:
Got to be done mate! Undecided on colour yet but possibly bianca, riding very low on some 16" black 1.2's with yellow 4 pots <3

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Yes lad!!! Win win!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yes

Sound s like a great idea

Yellow and black theme FTW
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Cheers piggy Smile Going to be dropping you a pm at some point for some flocking details Wink

(01-08-2015, 06:34 PM)7057sam Wrote: Yes

Sound s like a great idea

Yellow and black theme FTW

Still may do the body black too yet mate, undecided! Lol

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Oooh bianca.
Maybe use the Ford Frozen white instead?

Not sure I have seen a white cabby before!? Am I the only one or just me?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
White seems a bit pointless if you're putting a smokey stage 2 HDi in it! Personally I'd go for a non standard colour if I was doing a respray, but it's not my car lol.
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2015, 06:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: Oooh bianca.
Maybe use the Ford Frozen white instead?

Not sure I have seen a white cabby before!? Am I the only one or just me?

Yea sounds like a possibility mate, was more thinking of keeping a stock (ish) colour but that frozen white does look good on the new mondeo!!

No I've not seen one either though, just a poorly wrapped one with a 6 engine and massive spoiler that was on swapz for ages!

(01-08-2015, 06:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: White seems a bit pointless if you're putting a smokey stage 2 HDi in it! Personally I'd go for a non standard colour if I was doing a respray, but it's not my car lol.

I had a white estate which was s2 and wasn't too bad for smoke/soot stains. Not like it's an xud on a t2 with a 12mm headed bosch! Lol

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Good job! Everyone should own a cabriolet at some point!

Another vote for white here! Look stunning when clean!
Thanks given by:
Looks like a really good base! There was a couple of super clean hdi cabs at pugfest and they were proper nice!

Looking forward to some progress!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
My bro has been trying to get me to buy a china cabby on a y plate he knows of, 2 sets of spare wheels and a hard top in china ( I'm assuming the roofs pumped ) £400 don't know too much more other than its been off the road for a while!( less than 6 months!)
Any point? Breaker? Fixer? Leave it alone??
Thanks given by:
y reg is the funny tax rules so could get expensive. Still £400 with a hard top is probably a very good buy.
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2015, 04:12 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: y reg is the funny tax rules so could get expensive. Still £400 with a hard top is probably a very good buy.

Hi Chris, my china w plate Hdi estate was registered feb 2000 was £226 for a year and my moonstone 5 door Hdi registered oct 2000 was half the price just like my moonstone y plate estate so y plate should be cheaper tax too!
Thanks given by:
crack on!
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2015, 11:36 AM)Redordead89 Wrote:
(02-08-2015, 04:12 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: y reg is the funny tax rules so could get expensive. Still £400 with a hard top is probably a very good buy.

Hi Chris, my china w plate Hdi estate was registered feb 2000 was £226 for a year and my moonstone 5 door Hdi registered oct 2000 was half the price just like my moonstone y plate estate so y plate should be cheaper tax too!

That's not quite right I'm afraid!

Tax changed from engine size to emmisions based at Y reg (March 1st 2001).

After this diesels are usually cheaper because of their low CO2 (regardless of the other crap they chuck out lol ) but petrols often become more expensive because they produce tonnes of CO2. I think the Y reg on cabbies will be in the £285 tax band but I'm not 100% on that.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Tom, you right my 5 dr hatch was dear to tax too! Not being owning too many petrol cars in recent years!
(03-08-2015, 08:33 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(02-08-2015, 11:36 AM)Redordead89 Wrote:

That's not quite right I'm afraid!

Tax changed from engine size to emmisions based at Y reg (March 1st 2001).

After this diesels are usually cheaper because of their low CO2 (regardless of the other crap they chuck out lol ) but petrols often become more expensive because they produce tonnes of CO2. I think the Y reg on cabbies will be in the £285 tax band but I'm not 100% on that.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I wouldn't buy a petrol shortly after Y reg! My 110bhp diesel focus costs £30 to tax. The 75bhp petrol fiesta costs £205... lol

Fortunately petrols have got a lot more efficient in the last few years so tax has come down on those too. Not that it'll matter by 2017, new cars will all have a flat rate tax again.
Thanks given by:
Never really thought about tax!! Shame it won't go off the hdi engine once it's changed on the log book....

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Should've bought an X plate one. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Lol! Great help you are!! lol

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
You can apply to change the tax providing you can prove that the hdi engine you are fitting is from a newer 306. Therefore giving you cheaper tax. Its another for ontop of sending your logbook away to confirm an engine change
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I've never heard that before, telling dvla its a lower rate engine so getting emissions class road tax changed!! Don't think i'll inform them my 2.0 2001 HDI is fitted with a 1997 2.0 turbo Petrol lol!
Thanks given by:
Might be a little bit behind here but what happened to the black super charged 306 did it sell or get broke?

Thanks given by:
(07-08-2015, 07:52 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Might be a little bit behind here but what happened to the black super charged 306 did it sell or get broke?

Got broken mate Sad

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Peugeot life bashbarnard 19 4,599 28-01-2018, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Missing my 306 beulah 6 1,613 13-09-2016, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  How has the scene changed? pugtk 40 6,550 27-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Kezzieboy