WIW: 63k Stage 2 HDI

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIW: 63k Stage 2 HDI
Right, been thinking about this for a while now. Still unsure about whats my best option, be it keep this and get my self abit of a toy for weekends, give this to the girlfriend or just get rid completely.

Im fully aware its just an old Peugeot at the end of the day but feel its got to be worth more than the usual 100k+ mile stuff you see on ebay. I no some people say low mileage cars are no better than motorway mile cars, and I agree  if they have only got like 3 or 4 services but if looked after and serviced regularly id choose a low mileage car any day of the week, and seeing that this car has only cost me 2 sets of front discs and pads (apart from all the things ive chosen to do to it) I don't think im far wrong to be honest. Im 100% confidant it will fly though any MOT or inspection as I regularly check it over and happen to be an MOT tester myself so keep make sure its up to scratch.

Spec:

1999 306 Hdi Meridian
63,000 Miles with Full Service History - About 18 services in book. Less than 4000 MPY.
Jac Mech Stage 2 Map
Large FMIC
Boost Gauge Fitted into Drivers Vent
De-Cat
De-EGR
Lowered Approx 50mm All Round
Hoffman Center Pipe
Mid to Back Box Mod
New front discs and pads (less than 1k ago)
Upgraded to 307 Crank Pulley
Smoothed Front end (not perfect but still looks good)
Debadged Rear
16" Borbet A - Direct Fit. Genuine wheels not replicas
Flat or Embossed Center Caps - Both Genuine Borbet items
Upgraded door speakers and tweeters.
Rear quarters inspected for rust, none at all, so cleaned, dried and undersealed to protect for future.
Like a 2 year old car underneath, no rust or anything - wouldn't think it was 16 year old.

Ive been running a Stage 2 map not for 35 - 40k miles on the original clutch and it drives fine. If you drive like a dick and just floor it in any gear the clutch will eventually slip as you can expect but if you drive it right it is fine 99% of the time. Ive never thought I need to upgrade it. Confidant it will last for a long time to come or can supply a reduced torque map to make it last even longer.

Ive had the car since 21000 miles and its never missed a beat. if you want trouble free motoring at low cost its the ideal car.

When I got the car it had just had the timing belt and water pump replaced so this isn't due for at least another year iirc. 

Bad Points  - All cars have some.

Front wheels could do with balancing - will be sorting this out ASAP
Bonnet isn't perfect but still looks good
Slight lacquer peel on door bump strips but am getting a mint set when guy gets back from holiday.

Think that's it. Am pretty sure there are years of trouble free motoring to be had here.

So whats it worth or is there any interest on here?

[Image: 20130607_101642_zpsdf11f068.jpg]

[Image: 20130607_101607_zpsc65a2f21.jpg]
Thanks given by: dannyboy101
Guessing maybe 1200-1400 to the right buyer.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Seems reasonable.

Any buyers on here?
Thanks given by:
If it was a 3-door y-reg it'd maybe fetch that, but I'd say it's likely to be the lower end of poodles estimate, unless you find someone who really wants your car specifically.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Bag of sand easily, it's one of the oldest HDI's yet seems to have been well looked after.
Thanks given by:
Agree with you kezzie... Alot of people are put off with an extra 120 quid a year tax and 5 door. Hopefully someone appreciates it as a good motor none the less
Thanks given by:
Looks great! Wouldnt be taking less than 900 for it.
Thanks given by:
Thanks. Well if there is any interest from anyone pm me an offer and we can go from there
Thanks given by:
How much are the wheels worth? 
I'd sell them on their own and sell the car with standard wheels. Should get more interest with the price being lower and you won't be losing out
Thanks given by:
Probably one of the main attracting points of car though. And they aren't perfect nick any more so won't fetch major money on there own I wouldn't have thought
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2015, 10:11 AM)ct-hdi Wrote: Probably one of the main attracting points of car though. And they aren't perfect nick any more so won't fetch major money on there own I wouldn't have thought

The wheels are the least attracting things about your car, for me lol i prefer more of a standard look personally. 
I remember i wanted to buy an old prelude which had borbet wheels and was told they're worth a lot of money. So might be worth having a look at what they're fetching these days

Edit: are these the same as yours? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1457840030
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2015, 10:11 AM)ct-hdi Wrote: Probably one of the main attracting points of car though. And they aren't perfect nick any more so won't fetch major money on there own I wouldn't have thought

The mileage and history will be the most attracting points I would almost guarantee.
Thanks given by:
It's an attracting car.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Right, think I've decided that the cars now up for sale. Don't no how much but let's say £1400 for rules sake
Thanks given by:
In that case you might want to change the thread title and first post and put some decent pics up. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: