HDI- Which Crankshaft Pulley

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI- Which Crankshaft Pulley
Sorry if this has been covered loads I did search in this section but nothing specific came up which I thought was surprising due to being a common problem. Any how I found out today I need a new Crankshaft Pulley and Peugeot wanted £158 just for the part! NO Thanks.....so has anyone here used a aftermarket part and happy with it?

Do I need a 5 rid or 6 as it seems each website differs?

I have found the below-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Peugeo...3aa08f50ae

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeo...8cb&000091

If anyone has links to any others they are using please show me. Smile
Thanks given by:
I'd tend to go for a decent brand for them, last one I put on a few weeks ago was made by febi.
Thanks given by:
Thats the make of one I have thats dying Sad Febi 24628 is the part number. Not sure if that has been on from factory though.......

Did yours look same as this?
[Image: IMG_20150324_125859_zpsce2eteji.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-206-30...43babaa415

It's 4mm smaller, but works just fine, had mine on for 30k of abuse with no sign of weakening. Supposedly meant to last better than the oem part, but haven't had mine long enough to comment.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(24-03-2015, 10:21 PM)Poodle Wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-206-30...43babaa415

It's 4mm smaller, but works just fine, had mine on for 30k of abuse with no sign of weakening. Supposedly meant to last better than the oem part, but haven't had mine long enough to comment.

that's a solid one right?
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys before I saw these I ordered this-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231479592464?_...EBIDX%3AIT

According to the Febi website this is the uprated model of what I currently have on the car.
Thanks given by:
Yeah it looked like that although im not sure what the part number was.
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure it's still damped, just different construction.

The one you've ordered looks like the one i've got, i just assumed they used a catalogue image for the one i ordered.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just buy a 307 hdi one. About £40 on ebay. Solid as well. Has to be from a 2003 onwards model. I'll get I link up if I can.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Check the link above bash. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah poodles link is the one. Oops
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Does this look like a stock pug one to you guys? or does it look like an after market one?

[Image: m97ei9.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Genuine Pug one id say and id say thats a date stamp on it 04/12. Could be wrong though.
Thanks given by:
Stock.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So its new so it will be better than the current worn out one I have but its still the rubbish design? That does look like a date stamp to me also tbf.
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2015, 09:05 PM)td163 Wrote: Sorry if this has been covered loads I did search in this section but nothing specific came up which I thought was surprising due to being a common problem. Any how I found out today I need a new Crankshaft Pulley and Peugeot wanted £158 just for the part! NO Thanks.....so has anyone here used a aftermarket part and happy with it?

Do I need a 5 rid or 6 as it seems each website differs?

I have found the below-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Peugeo...3aa08f50ae

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peugeo...8cb&000091

If anyone has links to any others they are using please show me. Smile
Thanks given by:
(24-03-2015, 09:05 PM)td163 Wrote: Sorry if this has been covered loads I did search in this section but nothing specific came up which I thought was surprising due to being a common problem. Any how I found out today I need a new Crankshaft Pulley and Peugeot wanted £158 just for the part! NO Thanks.....so has anyone here used a aftermarket part and happy with it?
I managed to get a lynx engineering solid pulley for £40, there only £100 new from lynx if you email them and do not wear out. Just wondering why youve overlooked this option... [Image: e1669c39ca86d986df62c0de10e6fcfb.jpg]
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
Those things seem to cause shredded aux belts, not sure why, can only guess it's down to the lack of damping.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Replaced mine last week with a ECP one for £45.54 pound that looks identical to the stock, the one i took off made a bell noise (metal on metal) when tapped as it was screwed but it looks nothing like the stock. Got a ticking noise from auto tensioner now but replaced the eccentric/manual tensioner as that was the one making all the noise Dodgy wasn't until it was all back together that i heard the ticking/tapping. Noise is not apparent when the belt is off and engine running :/

Im hoping the new one has many miles in it, has anyone got any reviews on these ECP ones? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Depends which one you've bought, at that price i'm guessing it's the cheap one, so will be doing it again in a couple of years.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I hope it is a couple of years lol the damn thing was a bit of a nightmare to get off and I didn't want to adopt the caveman method of startermotor-crack but did in the end haha lacking the proper tools for it really, I'm not 100% sure it is back on tight enough but smacking a hammer on a bar with thread lock on bolt should be sufficient Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2015, 10:37 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote:
I managed to get a lynx engineering solid pulley for £40, there only £100 new from lynx if you email them and do not wear out. Just wondering why youve overlooked this option... [Image: e1669c39ca86d986df62c0de10e6fcfb.jpg]

Me and a friend were looking at these hard as we both have the pulley issue but he has seen around various forums that it can ruin idle due to not dampening. Look awesome though!
Thanks given by:
Nope. Never skipped a beat buddy and im also running solid baker bm engine mounts and a powerflex lower.
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
I hope mine will last, i don't give mine death as its soon to be the family car Smile its had its fair share of hard driving in the past but hasn't been a money-pit from it all
Thanks given by:
UPDATE

The crankshaft pulley (bought from ECP) is SHITE! It doesn't spin true, it was that causing the ticking noise!?!? Going to take it back and have a bit of a moan...but I guess you get what you pay for, it was the cheap one after all.

I put the old one back on and the noise went, I put the new one on and it came back...Have put the old one back on again and no noise so it's staying on until I get another or my money back. I'll start a thread and post link in here when I get some pics later...going to do some measurements as the centre hole doesn't look centre to the pulley!

Stay tuned...
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=30023 Word to the wise, don't get these ones Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crankshaft Pulley JTaylor2005 5 1,420 21-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Crankshaft Pulley - removing bolt? CaptainHair 19 3,328 10-12-2016, 05:50 PM
Last Post: CaptainHair
  WARNING! Crankshaft pulley issues highwayman306 26 10,745 10-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Last Post: highwayman306