Hybrid-ish pump, can this be done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hybrid-ish pump, can this be done?
Just out of interest really, is it possible to use a mechanical peugeot bosch body, gov etc and swap out the pump head/camp plate/ delivery valves from a, say, bmw electronic bosch tds pump? In effect making a fully mechanical pump for the bmw x25tds engine?

Then of course, there is the matter of shaft diameter/pulley (chain vs belt) and pump mounting holes...?
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Aren't the BMW's 6 pot?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
In a word, No.

The BMW pumps dont have bolt holes for the leaverset amoungst other things.

You need a 324 or 524 tds pump but they are rare as rocking horse shit. I have a 524 pump but it's dead.
Thanks given by:
You can build a pump to run any engine you want fairly easily, the only critical things is to use a body / mainshaft that is the same as OEM, or else you will have to adapt stuff which isnt fun.

The BMW has an odd 2 lug pattern iirc which is rare to find, altho they do exsist, so you just need one of those bodies, and build a decent pump inside of it.... Probs easier to just get a mech BMW pump like dum dums tho..

And as for dum dums pump, all it will need is a rebuilt, its VERY hard to kill a VE.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Darren, i have a mechanical vauxhall bosch ve thats probs had about 1000 miles use from new - it has a two lug pattern body (both horizontally facing) so i'm assuming this is what the bmw has..

Would it then be a case of using the bmw mainshaft and vane pump, pump head/camplate and the peugeot/vauxhall gov and lda (so top end of pump)? This way the bmw pulley can be retained as well as standard fitment.

Cheers,

Thanks given by:
As well as lugs you need to take into considering the "snout / nose" on the pump, as this is normally a certain size to allow pump to site corectly / take the side strain rather than the nuts...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Darren epic avatar.

N0V0S; Ive got both a vauxhall pump and a BMW pump so ill take a pic of them side by side so you can see the difference as i was gonna try and mod the vauxhall one.

The 325TDS and the 524TD pump are slightly different noses but just need a card board gasket making up
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Darren epic avatar.

N0V0S; Ive got both a vauxhall pump and a BMW pump so ill take a pic of them side by side so you can see the difference as i was gonna try and mod the vauxhall one.

The 325TDS and the 524TD pump are slightly different noses but just need a card board gasket making up

Ah nice one mate, ta!

Yeah i've seen the nose on a bmw ve needed the ring from the other pump fitting on in someone elses project, but the translation wasn't too great so not too certain what was going on.

A bit of welding/grinding on the vauxhall nose to make up or reduce the difference could be in order then? Big Grin

Thanks given by: