Phase 1 Sigma DT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase 1 Sigma DT
Hi guys

Just thought I would put a post up on behalf of my brother.

He has a 3 door Phase 1 Sigma D-Turbo which is going to the scrap this week/weekend (it was my old car years back).

It has a fair few marks/dings/scratches on the bodywork.

MOT until about October time from memory.

Set of Cyclone wheels fitted.

Drivers seat base is broken and seat moves all over the place.

Passenger side footwell collects water when it's raining, suspect a crappy seal, don't know.

He was going to run the car until MOT run out, however just recently a hose which goes to the turbo has popped off and therefore made it almost undriveable apparently as there is no turbo power.

It is an absolute bugger to start from cold since this pipe has come off, and when it eventually does kick over, puts out a lot of smoke.

He simply can't be bothered getting behind the engine to put the pipe back on, and has already sorted himself another car.

He will be getting £110 from scrap when he drives it down there either sometime the end of this week or this weekend.

Just thought I would put it on here to see if someone wanted it for say £150 either to fix and run as a cheap daily for a while or to break themselves for parts.

It isn't insured, and due to new tax rules I guess doesn't have any tax, but does have MOT for a while.

Anyway, if you or anyone you know is interested then let me know, otherwise it will be getting killed this weekend.

Cheers
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
Location? And any chance of some pictures?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
It's in Portsmouth.

I'll see if I can get him to fire some pics across to me. I think I have a couple from when he had it on my drive recently which I will put up if I can find.

Found the pics of it when it was parked on my drive, this was beginning of Jan this year (see below).

Not the best pics I know, were taken for fun, but it looks exactly the same as it was then. I will see if he can take a couple of how it is sitting right at the moment though.

Cheers

[Image: B8AD19CB-008F-4A54-BBC5-B598BB6D88AF_zpssaatl6yn.jpg]

[Image: EE437080-8877-400F-A6EA-1EDEF7982F58_zpszvarf2ud.jpg]

[Image: 6F864229-F458-4707-A9DC-26FC0BA23490_zps8yjlppmu.jpg]

[Image: 593DB2E5-7252-4301-BCAC-D623E2A80A7E_zpswyjl8uuv.jpg]
Opinions are like bumholes. Everyone has one, and we all think everyone elses stinks.
Thanks given by:
looks ok but a boost pipe coming off won't make it harder to start . . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
whats front + rear bumper like? + interested in wheels Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Not sure if it is the boost pipe. Might be some other hose/pipe linked to turbo (according to the local garage).

Either way, it used to start on the button perfect before he had this problem (well a couple of turns) but ever since the issue above it literally takes ages to start when cold.

Laurence, it is not being broken, as it will be driven to scrappies, so the wheels/bumpers need to be there to be driven down. Sorry mate.
Thanks given by:
Shame, I need the drivers door, all arch liners and both front wings.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
bugger! what if I could find some replacement wheels to get it there on? and swapped the bumper? rear one mainly!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  phase 1 sigma bumper ( pov spec ) djlimey 1 1,087 23-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Last Post: djlimey
  Phase 1 Sigma Dturbo bumper 306Puggy 7 2,344 07-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Post: 306Puggy
  Phase 1 Sigma Blue 3dr d turbo breaking RePT 10 3,674 05-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Last Post: RePT