help me please!! lol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help me please!! lol
Hey people i really need some help here.. Iv got my d-turbo at the garage and its running up a massive bill because the mechanic cant find whats wrong with it! I ran it dry of diesel in the holidays as the fuel station was closed when i drove into town to get fuel!! The car did not conk out i turned it off with the engine still running. I got 2 5l tins of fuel into it and it started 1st time but conked out a few seconds later and just wont start again.. Its been fully bled,more fuel, new filter, new hand grenade, new battery also because of the amount of turning over its needed trying to start the dam thing. I got it towed to the garage and it did start as i think it pressurised the car but i had to keep giving it a little bit of foot to keep it running and ran it for 7 miles back to my house thinking it was fixed. however i ran in to get money and returned to the car conked out again not wiling to start.. it turns over and over but no life about it. The mechanic  phoned to say that the car is starting with the key now, its got full revs and idles fine to begin with but u have to keep giving it abit of throttle or it just keeps cutting out.. the pipe that runs underneath the car from the fuel tank has also been replaced.. any help is amazing.. dont want to get rid off the pug but need a car for work! 8((  lol   
no smoke no poke... so they say!Puke
Thanks given by:
So it didn't actually stop until you put fresh diesel in it...are you sure it was diesel not petrol!?
Thanks given by: D Turbo Lyle
Is there any other air leaks? Squeeze the grenade until hard then hold it tight, listen fir any hissing around the filter housing and fuel pump....
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
yes 100% man 3 5l tins of diesel 8(

(23-01-2015, 07:07 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Is there any other air leaks? Squeeze the grenade until hard then hold it tight, listen fir any hissing around the filter housing and fuel pump...
thanks for that idea i will try that as soon as i can tomorrow. will it be quite a loud hiss or are we speaking minute? also i see u said fuel pump does that mean a seal/s will be knackered inside the pump if this happens? thanks alot man!
Thanks given by:
Usual culprit is round the bottom of the fuel filter housing, it will be quiet yes, try drying it off and seeing if it gets moist as well, is fuel pump Bosch or Lucas?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
yehi think the mechanic said something about it maybe letting air it at the filter maybe.. its a lucas pump mate..

car ran puurfectly before i pretty much ran it dry of fuel.. just seems to be after this shit.
Thanks given by:
Yeah well if it is leaking air it can cause it to cut out, I've had it on one before.
Thanks given by:
if you ran dry - always a chance you've actually killed the pump too. I've got an old vw bosch pump that sheared the piston off in the head as proof that it *does* happen I'm afraid
(23-01-2015, 09:52 PM)Chairchild Wrote: if you ran dry - always a chance you've actually killed the pump too. I've got an old vw bosch pump that sheared the piston off in the head as proof that it *does* happen I'm afraid

he says he turned it off running fella.
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2015, 07:00 PM)D Turbo Lyle Wrote: Hey people i really need some help here.. Iv got my d-turbo at the garage and its running up a massive bill because the mechanic cant find whats wrong with it! I ran it dry of diesel in the holidays as the fuel station was closed when i drove into town to get fuel!! The car did not conk out i turned it off with the engine still running. I got 2 5l tins of fuel into it and it started 1st time but conked out a few seconds later and just wont start again.. Its been fully bled,more fuel, new filter, new hand grenade, new battery also because of the amount of turning over its needed trying to start the dam thing. I got it towed to the garage and it did start as i think it pressurised the car but i had to keep giving it a little bit of foot to keep it running and ran it for 7 miles back to my house thinking it was fixed. however i ran in to get money and returned to the car conked out again not wiling to start.. it turns over and over but no life about it. The mechanic  phoned to say that the car is starting with the key now, its got full revs and idles fine to begin with but u have to keep giving it abit of throttle or it just keeps cutting out.. the pipe that runs underneath the car from the fuel tank has also been replaced.. any help is amazing.. dont want to get rid off the pug but need a car for work! 8((  lol   
My guess air getting into the fuel somewhere?
yeh thats defo a possibility... hope its not the pump tho lol. hopefully i should know by soon enuf. i shall keep update and thanks alot for all your help guys <3
Thanks given by:
Did u check the gauze in the tank? Sounds like it could be blocked
Check if the grenade sucks itself in when the car stops running
Thanks given by: