New work van :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New work van :D
[attachment=20465]

Crappy picture as it was dark by the time I got in but hey!!!

64 plate partner L2 1.6 hdi
Goes really well considering the baby engine, lots of toys, plenty of load space, overall very good. Only gripe is maybe the steering is a little light and uninvolved but I find a lot of new cars are like that.

Thoughts? Smile
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Like it. These may be on offer to us at work soon instead of a car so id be interested to see what you think of it after you get a few miles on it!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Driven a 63 plate at work last couple days. Not bad, go quite well, especially compared to the Caddys which seem slow as f*ck. The arm rest is nice too.
Thanks given by:
I know what you mean about steering.

Also I don't know if the one I had just had shit tyres but there was a point in the steering where you'd turn so far one way & it just completey stopped steering & went straight which was fun.

Have you got three seats or a giant cubby hole with the slidey cover?
Thanks given by:
Looks like a 3 seater to me, can just make out a head rest
Thanks given by:
Yep 3 seats! The middle seat is only good for my kid though to be honest. The main passenger seat folds completely flat too so you can use the full length of the van which is needed for us at work to transport long posts with our machinery.
Just been out in it for a "spirited" drive. Road is very damp and it handles very well, back end will go before the front, plenty of LOOS which is fun Tongue

Yea, I'll let you know Nial once I've properly run it in but first impressions are very good! It's on the stupid start stop which is a bit annoying and my first car with it but only does it in neutral when you take the clutch up so not too bad.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Yeah start stop takes a fair bit of getting used to but i love it now. Scares the shit out of people who decided to run across a crossing just after the lights go green lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 09:21 PM)londondan86 Wrote: ...only does it in neutral when you take the clutch up so not too bad.

I've never understood start stop. When does anyone sit in literally stationary traffic? Most of the time you're crawling or sitting at lights/junctions with the clutch down in 1st...it'd never stop with me anyway lol.

Van looks alright though! What do you do for work?
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 09:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 09:21 PM)londondan86 Wrote: ...only does it in neutral when you take the clutch up so not too bad.

I've never understood start stop. When does anyone sit in literally stationary traffic? Most of the time you're crawling or sitting at lights/junctions with the clutch down in 1st...it'd never stop with me anyway lol.

I do quite a lot lol. Its also for when stopping at traffic lights. Gets used a fair bit! When its active that is. Mine isn't that much this time of year
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I tend to sit in 1st with the clutch down at traffic lights as well, maybe I'm just lazy lol.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 09:38 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I tend to sit in 1st with the clutch down at traffic lights as well, maybe I'm just lazy lol.

I dont. With the amount of use my clutch gets in London, its fairly heavy and your left leg starts to ache after a while lol. Want an auto next.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Lol, I hated town driving 306s for that reason. I haven't had an achy leg with a hydro clutch though, but I can see how you would.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 09:40 PM)Niall Wrote: Want an auto next.

Same, either auto/DSG/tiptronic

335D e91 I'm feeling. Need an estate.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 09:30 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah start stop takes a fair bit of getting used to but i love it now. Scares the shit out of people who decided to run across a crossing just after the lights go green lol
Haha! I'd imagine it does yea!!! There is a switch to disable it but when you turn it off with the key and come back it's on again so will probably just leave it and get used to it.

(04-12-2014, 09:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

I'm an electrical engineer by trade but most of my work is installation and commissioning of new machines as well as servicing. The company I work for is in labels but the side of the business I'm in makes bespoke label applicators which apply labels to pretty much anything you can think of. We have machines all over the country so I'll be spending a lot of time in this van!!!

I only noticed the start stop in the car park today when I was messing with the radio but as Nial said when your in a busy city centre, car goes into neutral and foot off the clutch!!!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2014, 10:27 PM)londondan86 Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 09:30 PM)Niall Wrote: Yeah start stop takes a fair bit of getting used to but i love it now. Scares the shit out of people who decided to run across a crossing just after the lights go green lol
Haha! I'd imagine it does yea!!! There is a switch to disable it but when you turn it off with the key and come back it's on again so will probably just leave it and get used to it.

Yeah they have to be like that for the eco friendly government shite but you can turn it off all together normally with the correct software and lead. I know you can on my car anyway as the guy offered to do it for me at the garage when i was moaning about it lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
^ I'll see how intrusive it is first I think. If it doesn't bother me too much I'll leave it.
Yet to see also how it feels when loaded up, that will be the main thing really. I'd be tempted with a cheeky remap but can't void the warranty otherwise I'd be in trouble! Lol

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Prefer the looks of the Berlingo but I like these, They're great value for money tempted myself..either one of these or a Caddy but they all cost £.sillymoney

Look good low on 18's aswell.

[Image: 5fjej4.jpg]
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
That berlingo is equivalent to the partner teepee. The standard van are just as good imo. The berlingo is also more money Wink

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Fairplay never knew they were cheaper, Peugeots are usually better specced aswell (well in the M52's case anyway)
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by: