Cars you like for no good reason?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars you like for no good reason?
Bear with me Wink

Ever like a car that most people think is a load of crap, but you like it anyway? Countless problems, funny looking, poor to drive but you'd still have one and don't know why?

I'm getting this with the Calibra I'm driving just now. Ignore the fact that it's a shed, I'm just concentrating on the actual car...

It looks out of proportion because the wheels are too small and it needs a boot spoiler, the interior is cheap and nasty because the flimsy dash is lifted straight from a Cavalier and has the tackiest white dials ever, not to mention a weird driving position, the ride is crashy and uncomfortable, the understeer is just unbelievable (Cavalier chassis), the back seats are shockingly small and the boot is big but you need a crane to get heavy stuff over the lip...

But you know what? I really like this car, and I can't explain why....

[Image: IMG_0449.jpg]
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
205...totally impractical for my needs but love it and will own one at some point in my life...
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
My bro had one a few years back and done right they can look quite nice
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Actually Liam, i completely agree with you. I wouldn't own one for exactly the reasons you've listed, but I still like them, never worked out why.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Before someone else says it... The 306? whistle
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
the ford probe to me, my mate had one. i wouldnt own one as the drink more than they do move, also a very very odd car for parts. but for some reason i liked it
Thanks given by:
i dont know why but the entire VXR range, including the Insignia, probably my favourite.

[Image: gallery1-carpage.jpg]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
The Uno Turbo is another example, utterly crap car but I'd have one in a second...
Thanks given by:
Mk2 Clios. Fairly rubbish, unreliable, cramped, made of tin foil and cheese... but I still like them. I think one of the reasons being my mate had one a while back and I had the joy of working on it. First job I did on it was head off, cambelt snapped and stuffed all the valves. Then front brakes, rear brakes, exhaust fell off, 4 new tyres, front brakes again, both drive shafts... In the space of 8 months, he did do 30,000 miles though.

Regardless of all that, I still liked it, probably as I spent a lot of time driving around in it for no reason apart from 'cos we could. Reminds me of good, more stress free times lol.

If I could get a reasonable quote on a 172/182 I might have one now to be honest, as I was looking at them when I was looking to sell the Audi. I will probably have to own one at some point for the fun of it.
Thanks given by:
Any french car. they all break and arn't the most luxurious cars but i love 'em
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Danny2009 Wrote:Any french car. they all break and arn't the most luxurious cars but i love 'em

I know what you mean, I've got a pretty bad want for a 406 Coupe just now...
Thanks given by:
Id love a 406 coupe 2.2 ? HDI no apparent reason why though
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Danny2009 Wrote:Id love a 406 coupe 2.2 ? HDI no apparent reason why though

Nah, V6 for me Big Grin
Thanks given by:
306s...I miss them Sad

The Fiesta is cheap to run, reliable, comfortable, quiet, good to drive....but I miss having to keep fixing the 306, taping windows shut to stop them falling into the door, living with heaters that dont work, etc.
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Old minis, im too tall to fit in them, but they are sexy as fook with minilites etc
Thanks given by:
[Image: nushoes003.jpg]

Slow, Overfeuling like a bitch, Constant flat battery due to the fact in never gets driven anymore but can I bear to get rid? No.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
I used to want a yellow 1.2l punto sporting mk1 as a first car and I still wouldnt mind having one as a run about...
[Image: kaetensiggy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: acac9480.jpg]

My old 106. As you can see it was a utter shit heap but it stayed around for about 4 months after my new car just because I couldn't bare to get rid. You won't believe how genuinely upset I was when it was scrapped.
Weird how you can become attached to a car!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
ive only really had 306s, hated my first golf, caddy van i had for a while was just "meh"

Bought 7 306s in my 7 years of driving haha
Thanks given by:
I'm the worst for liking shit cars, give me anything from the 80s and 90s and ill be happy, bigger the better! Saloons and estates especially turn me on!!
Couple of quick examples...

Beasty tin foil BX!
[Image: 5920423450_bf3ccbd4c6.jpg]

Massive autobahn stormer barge!!

[Image: vauxhall_senator-L.jpg]
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Love the BX estate! Used to drive my bosses old one years ago and the seats and ride were superb, plus they have the quirky french vibe going on with them.
Thanks given by:
Pete Wrote:they have the quirky french vibe going on with them.
They are french though???
[Image: kaetensiggy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I know but old Citroens do it much better than Pugs/Renaults!
Thanks given by:
You still got the itch for a barge Pete? My mates selling a lovely XJ6 3.2 Sovereign for 600 quid, very close to buying it myself Wink
Thanks given by:
Another massive and cool frenchie...

Cool as f*ck standard...

[Image: Renault_Laguna_3_25c.jpg]

Whoaaaa!!

[Image: 864625Plato99Brands.jpg]
Black 306 Rallye
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
Lol at F u c k becoming fornicate
Black 306 Rallye
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
lol that laguna with rear drums locking up lol
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
THE_Liam Wrote:You still got the itch for a barge Pete? My mates selling a lovely XJ6 3.2 Sovereign for 600 quid, very close to buying it myself Wink

Dont tempt me lol Though I've just had a scan on Ebay for 'em..You can get a nice fully loaded 96 XJ6 Sport for less than 1K!
Thanks given by:
Pete Wrote:Dont tempt me lol Though I've just had a scan on Ebay for 'em..You can get a nice fully loaded 96 XJ6 Sport for less than 1K!

Barges are always cheap mate, my mate is wafting around in an '89 Merc 420SE slammed on AMG wheels. Leather, electric everything, autobox, cruise, bootlid that closes itself when you press a button and electric curtains on the back window, 4.2 V8 that sounds epic with the middle box removed. Cost him £590 on ebay with 8 months ticket!
Thanks given by:
Kaeten M Wrote:I used to want a yellow 1.2l punto sporting mk1 as a first car and I still wouldnt mind having one as a run about...

got one of these and its so much fun now iv just fitted the new engine and nice sounding exhaust.

for me its got to be the old novas i had a 1.2 spin with 4 speed gearbox when i passed my test 8 years ago would love to build a brand new one up
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which car manufacturer made the most 'good' cars? vlj 31 6,483 25-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  Another reason for me to hate 306's. Norledge 37 9,366 14-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  What car with good mpg would be good for gravel roads? Amandaholo 21 6,764 28-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ash240970