Help required after break in :-(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help required after break in :-(
Hi all

So I woke up to find some scummy individual has done this to my car.

[Image: 20140815_063507.jpg]
[Image: 20140815_063522.jpg]

Nothings been taken, not even the stereo. They wanted to nick the car.

I've done the usual, ring the police and their coming to have a look at it. I don't expect them to find or do anything, but at least I have an incident number to give the insurers.
Insurance have given me the option of making a claim should I choose to.
It won't be worth it anyway as their approved repair guys will use all new parts which will be worth more than the car is worth.

I'm probably best off throwing it back together myself.

This is a cry for help really, is there anyone in the Gloucester area who I can blag any of the following off:

* Help identifying what is needed to at least get it mobile
* Help piecing the wiring back together
* Help identifying what I need to make it pretty again, plastics etc....

Under the steering wheel looks like this

[Image: 20140815_091542.jpg]

The main loom wires are not cut, they've just been pulled apart at the connector.
The key will not go in the barrel and the steering lock is stuck on.
I'm worried about the air bag and immobiliser type stuff.

Any assistance in the slightest would be very well received

Sad
Thanks given by:
This is why you should always deadlock the car, then they can't do anything unless they smash the window to get inside.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bloody scags!!!!! Angry

Bend the door back for now...you can find a second hand one at some point Im sure.

Plug all the loom back in and see what happens?? Airbags dont look touched
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Is deadlocking when you press the remote button twice?
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure what the button press is as it's been ages since doing it that way, but if you turn the key to lock it and then keep the key held in the locking direction you'll hear it lock and then another distinct clunk to confirm it's deadlocked. I know it's not much help now but will save it if anyone tries to do it again
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've bent the door back, that's fine.

Trouble is even if I plug the loom in, I can't get the key in the barrel to try and start it.

Some of the wire colours don't match up either, will have a proper dig when the police have been.

What I imagine to be the immobiliser receiver that looks like it wraps around the barrel is intact.

I kind of need a local to pop round with their 306 to allow comparison.

There are some random strips of metal that look like they are meant to be attached to the steering column somewhere.

As soon as the police have been I'll have a further look and take more specific photos

Thanks though peeps
Thanks given by:
There is a simple way to get around the deadlocks anyway so I wouldn't even worry about that.
Looks like new barrel and the plugs on the barrel will match up with the plugs on the loom so won't be too bad to work out.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2014, 09:30 AM)Niall Wrote: There is a simple way to get around the deadlocks anyway so I wouldn't even worry about that.
Looks like new barrel and the plugs on the barrel will match up with the plugs on the loom so won't be too bad to work out.

Niall, the plastic plug covers have stripped off so I can't just plug them back in as I've lost the wire orientation and some of the colours are different I'll take some pics of the wires later on.

The barrel actually looks okay, nothings been forced in it, I just can't get the key in.
Could the wires being unplugged cause this?
Thanks given by:
You free today? Where are you? Im in stonehouse and off work today. Dont think ive got any spares for the interior though.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If the key won't go in they have f*cked the barrel
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Feel for you mate
Had the exact same happen to me but with both doors
Car was deadlocked so they dint get in and do any damage though

Hope you can get it sorted
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2014, 09:43 AM)Slam Wagon Wrote: You free today? Where are you? Im in stonehouse and off work today. Dont think ive got any spares for the interior though.
Cheers mate, I'm in abbeydale in Gloucester.

Yeah I'm free today if you can help at all?

Not fussed about the plastics at this point, I just need to get it mobile.

Police have been out and taken some prints so hopefully they can match it up to one scrote or another.

My local breakers have everything that I might need, I just need to figurebout exactly what that is.
Thanks given by:
They were probably retarded enough to think it was an XUD for easy stealings.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2014, 10:52 AM)silverzx Wrote: They were probably retarded enough to think it was an XUD for easy stealings.

This is why I can immobilise my car with a trick in the wiring harness just incase
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Can anyone tell me which colour wires connect the barrel to the loom please?

From the barrel I have:

1 X red wire
1 X blue wire
1 X yellow wire
1 X orange

From the loom I have:

1 X red wire
1 X black wire
1 X white wire
1 X yellow + 1 X blue wire together on one connector

The plastic connector housings have been ripped off
Thanks given by:
So i can't get the barrel out as there is something stuck in it preventing me from putting the key in and releasing it.
The whole column needs replacing so I've ripped it out.

Question is, if I go and get another column and lock set, how do I get it to work with my immobiliser.
Is there any programming or pairing required?
Thanks given by:
use your original key fob, just change the key blade out for the one that comes with the fresh ignition
Thanks given by:
Don't need to change the column mate drill the barrel out, drill bit straight down where key goes gradually going up with bigger drill bits will break the pins that hold the barrel In

The barrels arnt coded or anything so just stick another in

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2014, 01:08 PM)mr_fish Wrote: use your original key fob, just change the key blade out for the one that comes with the fresh ignition

Cool, I was hoping that was all that was needed

(15-08-2014, 01:08 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Don't need to change the column mate drill the barrel out, drill bit straight down where key goes gradually going up with bigger drill bits will break the pins that hold the barrel In

The barrels arnt coded or anything so just stick another in

So I can just drill it out, get a new barrel, lock set and pair of keys, switch the blade over and change the door locks and I'm good to go?
Thanks given by:
Drill the barrel out slot new one in

Put blade in your fob

Sort wires and your good to go

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Just working on drilling the barrel out and I've noticed that the release arm to adjust the steering column height is snapped. Can this be changed?

Surely I will need door locks as well so the new blade works in those to?

Can anyone help me out with the wire colours?
Thanks given by:
Use your key for doors and separate key for ignition or get a full lock set ignition doors ect so they all work off same key

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Got the barrel out and got a new one without door locks, so two keys it is.

Decided I'm not bothered about the height adjuster so kept the column.

Should have everything I need now, just really really need to know which wires connect.

Please, anyone?
Thanks given by:
All sorted!

Thanks for everyone's help.
Thanks given by:
Lemme know if I can do anything to help dude I'm near Gloucester a lot and my missus lives in the forest so I'm around there a lot.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Glad ya sorted mate!

I have nightmares of this happening to mine!!

I keep saying to myself I must get an.alarm or some form of deterriant.
Thanks given by: