Key Barrel Change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key Barrel Change
Hi guys,

How do you change the door key barrels on 306s?

I'm sure the last time I done it, it was so simple and just a case of turning the key in it and puling it out!? Though that may've been the Golf instead lol. Confused

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
Take door card off

Look at the lock there's a bronze gold type thing at the Side of it need to pull this out and the lock comes out Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Ah, yes I remember now, putting the key in was definitely another car then lol! Cheers Danny!
Thanks given by:
You have to put the key on for ignition barrel
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
If it's not been messed with before, there's a much quicker way and you don't even need to remove the doorcard.

There's a small rubber bung on the side of the door roughly level with the lock barrel - remove that, and screw in a long woodscrew which will pull out the U-shaped retaining clip and you can pop the lock barrel out. Pop the new barrel in, push the retaining clip back on and unscrew the woodscrew.

If someone has been in the door before to change the barrel then they've probably put the retaining clip back on the wrong way around (as it's easier that way if you're doing it by hand) and you can't use the above trick.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Hmm, wouldn't think its been changed before....that sounds easier though!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  URGENT ignition barrel Jtrigga 11 1,947 14-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Going to change door locks and key barrel 306__xrdt 8 1,800 15-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Strikeforce
  Removing Door Key Barrel Eeyore 7 1,834 17-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Eeyore