Project hopeful, no will power

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project hopeful, no will power
The 2.1 would live again with a second hand head. Id just never trust it and thats not how i work. Has to be right. Its a shame when things happen but as you can probably tell by this whole thread i dont like being beaten
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
So after a fairly horrible couple of days of not driving my 2.1 and missing it. I decided that i couldn't go back to idi. So i went out and purchased a hdi estate..........

To strip immediately and put in my car. I was going to keep this quite until it was done and just turn up on here one day with a stage 3 build. However it turns out that even stubborn old me needs help. After speaking to various people about it and a bit of research i quickly realised that i couldn't get injectors to go mtdi effectively enough for my liking. So i gave in and thought an ecu has got to happen!!

Now i bought the car with 2 weeks left of test on and it is an absolute dog. But the engine ran and was sold as spares or repairs due to a vauge. "injection fault". After a quick message to toms306 i had him over this morning with pug planet and the low pressure pump is the issue. Which im upgrading anyway. We started to strip the car down ready to pull engine out to be transplanted into the now empty 2.1 shell.

Here is here the problems begin. Hdi to xud is absolutely fine as minimal wiring is needed. Xud to hdi on the other hand does not seem so simple so im going to have to dig a wiring diagram out.

The one issue i have at this time is i have no idea. Literally no idea what this connector does up behind the ecu. It seems to go into part of the harness that does not exist on an xud.

This one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
is that on the engine loom?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Yeah comes from just under the ecu.

Then the other bit hides up in the arch liner and splits in two.
Thanks given by:
sounds like its been apart before and not been put back in the right place, the only two plugs I know of like that on a 306 are on the chassis leg in front of the gearbox.

unless a late 306 with a hdi is different.

whatever its for, just pull the engine out with the loom still on it, you can buzz from the plug back to all the sensors etc on the engine quite easy then.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Well its been on all the hdis ive worked on. Maybe its a late hdi as you say. Ill ignore it then if it doesnt start ill do something about it then. Lol.
Thanks given by:
yes bash - may your hdi plans be many and fruitful

Smile
Thanks given by:
Its definitely a HDi specific plug, not one I've seen on the petrols. I should know what it's for tbh. Confused
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2015, 05:15 PM)welshpug Wrote: is that on the engine loom?

Won't your Haynes tell you?  Inlove

It goes to the brown (starting?) relay, no?
Thanks given by:
Can you see any numbers on the wires?
Thanks given by:
Havnt looked to be fair. Been rather busy today. Ill get on autodata tomorrow and have a look.
Thanks given by:
Finally got yourself a decent engine Wink

Any questions regarding HDi's send them poodles direction, everytime i have hdi trouble i give poodle a call for an over the phone diagnosis lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Might drop him a pm. Need a hand on a couple of things if im honest. Lol.
Thanks given by:
Well he has recently put a hdi into an xud shell so should be able to answer all your questions Big Grin
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Yes someone else that has been an idiot as well!! How have i missed his thread!!
Thanks given by:
Its easily done lol he never bloomin updates it!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
After speaking to poodle it turns out im swapping all the loom. So that should be fun. Got the front body one to the bulkhead out tonight so that was a start. Dash out tomorrow to rip that one out. Unsure if i can keep non air con setup as of yet. We will see. Hopefully i can.

Oh yeah thanks matt for letting me know about poodle. And thanks poodle for giving me the news.
Thanks given by:
HDi into Xud is done with a de immoimmobilized ECU and engine loom. You then connect the outputs from the ECU the things like glowplugs etc.... You need a primer pump too, there is one fitted to a rangerover which is inline which will work well.
This is a decent diagram:

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the wiring man. had a pour over auto data earlier and have now spoken to a few people. you know who you all are so thankyou.
i have decided to plug it in and get it fired up. then adjust wiring as necessary. i have the dash clocks, a few looms, bsi, key etc just in case. plan to get the ecu unlocked so shouldnt need it but got them incase. also got the in tank pump and a few other bits. For those who say im not committed to the cause. i was out in the rain tonight. got soaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EIxIW9H...e=youtu.be
Thanks given by:
Sorry, was really busy yesterday and didn't think before replying, I think i confused the issue as much as i helped tbh. Blush Glad to see you've come up with a plan of action, good work on getting it all sorted in a day, that's pretty major progress! Enjoy your holiday, look forward to seeing what you pull out on your return.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
that wiring looks so damn simple!

Basically a single switched live that goes to ecu and glow plug relay, two fused permanent lives via the fuel pump relay, no other permanent lives, the immobiliser stuff that you can dispose of if the ecu gets unlocked.

anyone know if they can be soft unlocked like a gti6 ecu?
Thanks given by:
From what I've seen the single plug ones. Like the one I have can be soft unlocked by running and un plugging but from what I hear they have a tendency to relock without warning. Due to this I'm having to get it done properly as in my eyes its not worth the risk. I'll start looking at the wiring once the engine is in and I've got all the little bits done. I'll plug it directly into the the old cud plugs and work from there. I have kept my old xud loom and taped up all the old sensors so that they can be cross referenced if need be. Work will finally get properly underway on Sunday with this hoping to have it running within a week or so and back on the road. I can't see it being an issue. The gt2052s is getting strapped to it. New cambelt water pump and glories. Walbro copy fuel pump low pressure. 1800 bar rail sensor gti flywheel with the cud style clutch I have for it. 307 bottom pully. De pas and de air con obviously. May have to adjust exhaust slightly to fit we will see. Hoping it will be ok though as I'm using an cud flange on the turbo outlet so it should be good.
Thanks given by:
My brain hurts. By the looks of things the interior loom is more or less the same and all they have done is change the front external loom. Few pins extra on the hdi loom. Im putting it down to all the air con stuff, egr etc that needs power in the hdi and doesnt in the xud.

Thanks given by:
Annoyed. Looms dont work. Completely different. Have decided to wire un manually. For another day though as today ive had enough.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, Peugeot in their wisdom saw fit to use the same loom plugs between the phases, but also move all the wires about for a laugh. Bastards. I do currently have an engine with loom sat on my bench so i can help you with belling out wires at least. I know theoretically you shouldn't need that with uberdervs diagram up there, but you need a bit more if you're anything like me lol. Guessing you're going for a custom engine loom now..?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah custom engine loom. Have decided to take a step back from wiring and get all the other bits on and done so all i have to do is is wire it up before she will run. That way im not struggling with a load of things at once.
Thanks given by:
Why not just have it done and do dash loom too?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Lordy, full custom loom?

Can't think of much else I'd rather not do
Thanks given by:
Im not looking forward to it but it doesn't seem that bad after speaking to various people. I havnt got the dash loom. Donor car has gone.
Thanks given by:
(28-09-2015, 07:00 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Im not looking forward to it but it doesn't seem that bad after speaking to various people. I havnt got the dash loom. Donor car has gone.

FAIL!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: