hdi rhy conversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hdi rhy conversion
hi i know this isnt entirely related to a 306 but here goes

iv recently fitted a 2.0 hdi in my 1.6 hdi mk2 partner/berlingo, iv fitted the new ecu from the doner vechicle which is bosch but single plug, my old ecu was bosch 3 plug. my new ecu is being sent away to be unlocked and enable free run mode so i dont need to change bsi and immobilzer etc but on new loom i have 2 plugs which connect to interior loom on doner, my wiring on van was on a plug that is 1 of the 3 on my old ecu so how can i connect these 2 plugs to my existing loom.

can anybody help

[Image: IMG_3858_zps55447629.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3848_zps5da23d45.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get someone with access to autodata to look up the wiring diagrams for you, or in haynes. Then it's a simple, if tedious, matter of cross-referencing everything to work out which wires need to join up and which you can get rid of. Might be the odd one you need to put a switch on or route somewhere else or something, but it's a pretty logical process.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
iv tried haynes already and didnt find it very helpful, where else can i get the wiring diagrams from or who could i get to do it?
Thanks given by:
Why would you do this swap anyway?!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, knowing how to read the diagrams is most of the battle. Confused As said, autodata is the other option really, but if you can't read wiring diagrams you're onto a bit of a non-starter...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 11:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: Why would you do this swap anyway?!!

i bought the van with a broken engine it had threw a rod out the side of block and dv6 engines are much more exspensive to replace, iv heard nothing but bad reviews about 1.6 hdi and when i suggested to eventually having my van mapped everyone i spoke to said just fit the 2.0 hdi as there good for more power than the dv6 and the earlier one would be a fairly straight forward swap
Thanks given by: