used engine oil as Fuel?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
used engine oil as Fuel?
Not sure we're to put this thread so thought I would ask here Smile

So seems that people keep telling me I'm wrong by saying using used engine oil is illegal?

So is it legal or illegal?

Thanks given by:
Illegal you're car will get seized
Thanks given by:
why would you lol
00' 106 Indy - Moonstone - Sold
97' 106 XT 1.6 - Mayerling Green - Swapped
95' 306 P1 DT - Onyx - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Silver - Scrapped
97' 306 P2 DT - Onyx - SORN awaiting scrap
Thanks given by:
Given that I don't think that it's covered under the same excemption that veg / bio oil is, I would imagine that it is illegal to use as fuel on the public road unless you pay the appropriate duty on it.

Don't see any reason why you couldn't quite legally use it for off road use though, much like red diesel.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
It's not duty paid, so if you get caught with it they could give you a bill for the duty on how much they think you've used...

However, I have it on good authority from a friend that an XUD runs amazingly on it Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
might not want to run it straight :p more likely to get pulled for the billowing clouds of white / blue smoke than suspected fuel duty evasion
Thanks given by:
Sad how vat was was paid when whoever bought the oil, but to use it as fuel you have to pay more :/ But yeah i put it in my xud whenever i do an oil change just dump it in the tank with whatever else was in there, dont even notice :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I ran about 100l through straight in tank was fine free fuel
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Really...does it smoke like hell?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I expected it to cover the street in blue smoke but no it was fine obviously smelt like valve stem seals was shagged but it is burning pure oil.

Runs loads better than veg Dosent gel up and no lumpy starts/cutting out at junctions Wink

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I always put mine in from oil changes but not usually straight
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
I'm a mechanic so have shit loads of oil from services gearbox oil from clutches pas fluid removing engines ect

Got 60l saved up ATM need to buy something that will burn it again when I got a little more saved up Wink

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I know this from field cars and the legendary transit drifter.

It does run, yes..
It's a total arse to start from cold, oil doesn't atomize well when it's thick.
It gums up injectors.
It is 100% illegal to use on the road, no duty paid and no exemption.
Smells pretty horrific.
Drops power by at least 40hp.
Do not even attempt gearbox oil or diff oil or similar, doesn't burn, you end up with solid oil running out the exhaust.
If it's got any bits of bearing in which it inevitably will from general engine wear, it'll start wrecking the pump.
It doesn't cause blue smoke like you think it would as it's being injected at the correct time in the correct quantity... But it does haze especially on idle of the temperature isn't up, it just can't combust.

So all in all, yes it does run, but not well and is likely to shag the engine after a while - not to mention it's totally illegal to do it..
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
What Ruan said.

I run all my offroad vehicles and boiler off it.

It will work, but i wouldnt think about doing it on the road..its totally illegal..fairly smokey...and even though i couldnt recommend it more in old field cars etc..I wouldnt dare put it in my road car! it WILL detroy your pump / injectors in the end...whatever you do make sure you have good filtering if your running it..end of the day engine oil is FULL of tiny bits of metal...

But as OP asked, yes, they will run fine, infact once warm you will barely notice any difference, it works better than veg. but its doing nothing any good at all...

All the videos on my youtube of blown fields cars are all running on 100% waste motor oil.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2014, 03:01 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: It's not duty paid, so if you get caught with it they could give you a bill for the duty on how much they think you've used...

However, I have it on good authority from a friend that an XUD runs amazingly on it Wink

That HAS to be Sam... Rofl

my 1.5D TUD runs on it Smile it's a pain in the arse filtering it though.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
I don't have no plans on running it was just wondering if it's illegal or not

Thanks Smile

Thanks given by:
Yes, illegal unless you find a way to pay duty on it. I tried it back in 2007 when duty was not payable on this fuel type. Bit of a bastard to start, but once running, I thought the engine actually had more torque (this makes sense, engine oil has a higher energy density). It burns a lot cleaner than some hysterical types will try and tell you, however there are many issues to consider like injector coking and metal particulates. It seems to be more common place in the US and centrifuging seems to be the way to do it (so called "black diesel"). If I didn't have a good source of WVO I might investigate paying duty to HMRC, you could still end up with fuel around 50ppl, and last time I looked, garages were delighted to have you take it away free of charge.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
mix 10/20% petrol to the engine oil and leave it for a while. Most of the free carbon / sludge mix will drop out. Then filter... Will run fine and save the pump. However, Chances are you will be poisoning yourself unknowingly from leaking manifolds and toxic gases seeping in to cabin.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
[attachment=13417]
Thanks given by:
What you thinned that out with? Is it ok in Ireland then?

Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 03:52 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: What you thinned that out with? Is it ok in Ireland then?

It's illegal over there too, but you can see the car in that pic is off road use only.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Telling the dvla about a engine/fuel type change aggyj17 14 2,448 06-01-2016, 12:17 AM
Last Post: aggyj17