Some pics of my 306 with my nimrods on

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some pics of my 306 with my nimrods on
Hi Dazza. Appreciate youre new but we have a photos section. I will be moving this thread there!
Thanks given by:
Looking good!

Nimrodded estates ftw!

Here's mine

[Image: 20130904_115025.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sweeet. What splitters that you've got on?
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2014, 08:12 PM)SRowell Wrote: Hi Dazza. Appreciate youre new but we have a photos section. I will be moving this thread there!

Ok thanks
Thanks given by:
Nice looking estate
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 07:52 PM)dazza1232 Wrote: Neow doesnt need longer bolts at all. Got plenty of thread showing through the wheel and torqued up to 110nm. Been like that for at least 6 months and the car gets some good rag

holy shit, are you kidding? get some extended on there, trust me. you learn from bad experiences, no one likes wheels going missing while doing 80mph in the fast lane.....
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2014, 08:20 PM)dazza1232 Wrote: Sweeet. What splitters that you've got on?

It's one off a megane dude
Thanks given by:
holy shit, are you kidding? get some extended on there, trust me. you learn from bad experiences, no one likes wheels going missing while doing 80mph in the fast lane.....
[/quote]

Nope. Trust me there fine been like that for ages there perfectly safe and it been doing a lot more than 80 lol. As i said there all torqued up to 110nm aswell and have plenty enough thread showing as I too have learnt from bad experiences. on my old 306 i put some 205 gti wheels on and only used standard bolts, let my mate put one on and he didnt torque it up. Went round the next roundabout and my wheel flew straight over someones fence. Was quite scary at the moment lol

(14-03-2014, 05:54 AM)mad306man Wrote:
(13-03-2014, 08:20 PM)dazza1232 Wrote: Sweeet. What splitters that you've got on?

It's one off a megane dude

Oh ye, i was thinking about getting one of the seat cupra ones but since ive lowered it scrapes abit now and i dont want to rip straight back off lol
Thanks given by:
Im with Matt on this one...torqueing up a bolt has nothing to do with it tbh.
The bolt has to go through the disc, then to the threads.
Now it has another 10mm to get passed before getting to the disc, and then getting to the threads.
I would bet there is only 5mm of bolt that reaches the actual hub.

Buy some suitable bolts, pleeease, and dont risk the lives of others Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ill have a look for some more but theyve been fine for the past 7/8 month. and as ive said theres plenty of thread showing. If they wernt substantial enough for the job they would of come loose or ripped the threads out by now. And i dont risk the lives of anyone as im a mechanic myself Smile
Thanks given by:
Then while ya at it, remove them illegal and dangerous HIDs Tongue hehe!

Looks spot on though bud...much better with the lows Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Illegal and dangerous? Since when?
Thanks given by:
Since you fitted them to your 306.

Do some googling mate, or search on here, been covered many times.
There are two sides to the story, but at the end of the day they are illegal and do dazzle other road users quite badly
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nah. Far from illegal mate. There fitted to most modern cars factory standard and aslong as theres a headlight pattern and the aim is setup correctly theyll fly threw an mot. Dont need to google as im an mot inspector and see plenty of them everyday.
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2014, 09:53 AM)dazza1232 Wrote: Nah. Far from illegal mate. There fitted to most modern cars factory standard and aslong as theres a headlight pattern and the aim is setup correctly theyll fly threw an mot. Dont need to google as im an mot inspector and see plenty of them everyday.

Different kettle of fish if the vehicle came from factory with them.

think you need to check up on your MOT notes buddy.

Unless they come from the factory, with stamps to show, they are basically illegal.
Basic requirements though are lenses DESIGNED for HIDs, headlight washers and auto leveling headlamps. But even then, they could be seen as illegal as they were not intended for such use on that vehicle.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=1177907

Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Neow not long come from the mot refresher course and i was talking to him about it they said theres no reason why they should be illegal and as i just said aslong as pattern and aim fine you cant fail them. So therefore not illegal...
Thanks given by:
MOT pass doesnt make a car legal or safe.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Never said it did. But it isnt putting anyone lives at risk and its no danger to other drivers as its setup correctly.
Thanks given by:
[attachment=14375][attachment=14376] slammed.
Thanks given by:
[attachment=15585][attachment=15586][attachment=15587] been doing a bit of carbon wrapping Smile
Thanks given by:
Moonstone estates look amazing
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Very nice looking wheels wouldn't mind a set of these my self but only if I could find some 15s! Mmmm in white on diablo red 306 Wink
Thanks given by:
Looks great mate but one thing i did just notice when skim reading all of the above that you have tightened the bolts to 110nm. Thats too tight. Id drop that to 85 as peugeot recommend and you don't know what the strength of the threads in the hubs or the bolts will be like at 110 Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Picked mine up for 40 quid and sprayed them myself. got a right bargain. Try some lower profile tyres on some 16s

Autodata recomends 100nm. No way id be leaving them at 85 doesnt feel safe enough for my liking.
Thanks given by:
Looks stunning mate

if anything a tad to low at the back but apart from that.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Cheers, i have got all my tools in the boot at that height on the pics. Normally sits a tad higher without them in
Thanks given by:
Hi and welcome to the state side :p

Here's my work in progress
Thanks given by:
Ye man looks cool, hdi?
Thanks given by:
Yeah best way I think personally
Thanks given by:
I agree, but ive never actually owned a petrol one to be fair wouldnt mind seeing what one would be like with a gti6 engine in.
Thanks given by: