Lewis' Ph1 Cherry Dturbo TD04'd and nitrous'd

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis' Ph1 Cherry Dturbo TD04'd and nitrous'd
I finally pushed myself to make a project thread!

Here she is in her current state (don't mind the paintwork on the wing , its still in red primer , just haven't got round to doing it yet)

She was bought from copart for around £150 as a write off with a slight bit of damage to the sill and wing, with only having 1 lady owner and 51k on the clock. The biggest div in the world then got his hands on it (me) and started pissing around with it...

This is what it looked like the day after bringing it back , front end off to repair damaged fan housing and bent cross member which we later found...

After front end was repaired i then set out about tuning and after very quickly becoming bored of the t2 and lucas set up , i decided to throw myself in the deep end and get a bosch and td04 which i knew nothing about lol.

I then set about sorting out a boost gauge and proper set up before Danny (danny2009) fitted the td04 and bosch on for me , which turned out to be his old set up.

I then set about trying to find a new set of wheels as I wanted to spruce the outside up a little more , I managed to pick up some black powder coated clones and then tinted front fogs in yellow.

It then looked like this for a while but then i took them off and put back on steelies as I just couldnt get on with the cyclones and they needed new tyres and refurbs etc..

Then after a lot of mucking about and umming and arring , i decided to go for a nitrous kit , which was cheap with me working for nos company. luckily. (i do have pics up of nos kit elsewhere but ill try and get them up on here when I can. The clutch was slipping like crazy after having the nitrous on there so i decided to go for a CG motorsport 5 paddle clutch which is more than adequate for the job.

The car was then dyno'd at autotronix just outside rotherham making 196bhp + 290lbft on nitrous which i was well happy about but was hoping to get into the 200's.

Since then , it has now been lowered and is on my original 14'' steelies which are now in white , soon to be lowered again, and on coilies... Most if not all major mods and work carried out by Danny.

Lots more mods coming soon hopefully...

and should hopefully have the car looking decent and ready for fcs next year!

Thanks ,

Lewis
Thanks given by:
Looking good chap. Pretty good power as well.

How come you got a 5 paddle clutch? The 1 I got is 4
Thanks given by:
Bout time you got a thread up Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Wonder how long till it goes bang Wink really nice car tho would love that power in my car Smile keep my eye on this

Thanks given by:
So I'm pressuming 196bhp was on NOS?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
cool old skool...

what brakes you running then to stop all that power?!! Cant be gtis under the 14s?!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2013, 02:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: cool old skool...

what brakes you running then to stop all that power?!! Cant be gtis under the 14s?!?

takes same stopping power to stop any DT at 70mph . .Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Yea but the standard stopping power is shocking even with 92bhp.
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2013, 02:19 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Yea but the standard stopping power is shocking even with 92bhp.

yeah i agree, 6 brakes required at least . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
met lewis few weeks ago, hes not scared of 6k lol.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Seen you at Danny's. I got the black ph1. Like this cars especially the nos Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2013, 01:09 PM)Frosty Wrote: Looking good chap. Pretty good power as well.

How come you got a 5 paddle clutch? The 1 I got is 4
Cheers Smile

And I'm not sure mate , I think mine was a 5 anyway I any remember exactly tbf

(22-11-2013, 02:16 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(22-11-2013, 02:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: cool old skool...

takes same stopping power to stop any DT at 70mph . .Wink

Brakes? Mehhhh

(22-11-2013, 02:33 PM)padge Wrote: met lewis few weeks ago, hes not scared of 6k lol.

Got to give it some bastard now and again pal Wink I've calmed down a bit since though haha

(22-11-2013, 03:24 PM)karl1989 Wrote: Seen you at Danny's. I got the black ph1. Like this cars especially the nos Smile

Yeah mate it was nice to meet you and speak to you. Proper like the look of yours how low it was Tongue and I want those morettes Wink did Danny knocking arm back a spline and turning fuel help it any more?

Well basically this happened tonight...

Thanks given by:
stealth
Thanks given by:
I need to lower the back. Erm I gained 2psi more so at 22 now
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
I must say it looks good on the white steels
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2013, 07:47 AM)karl1989 Wrote: I need to lower the back. Erm I gained 2psi more so at 22 now

Yours is crazy low on the front lol. Should look mad when it's done all round Tongue

You still on a t2 aren't you? has it still got waste gate on it?

(23-11-2013, 09:13 AM)Frosty Wrote: I must say it looks good on the white steels

Thankyou sir , I was considering white 15 steels , the gti6 ones? But when I had my clones on it felt as though it slowed the car right down. Sad

(22-11-2013, 02:09 PM)silverzx Wrote: So I'm pressuming 196bhp was on NOS?

Yeah mate , I forgot to put that in there , I think it was 165hp without nitrous and then 169hp when the fuel was turned up a bit , it was ticking over at like 1500-1600rpm though seen as the pump is maxed out...Sad
Thanks given by:
Is a tad low lol. Ye on a t2 I adjusted the actuator as far as it will go
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Haha Tongue , should be able to get more out of a t2 surely? There's a lad who lives near me running 26-27psi on a t2 with actuator still on it and that's on a Lucas lol. Must be somet wrong with actuator???
Thanks given by:
No car will ever have exactly the same tune..

Obviously you could wind the max fuel all the way in then out X turns on both cars but in reality no one tunes like that..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2013, 02:33 PM)silverzx Wrote: No car will ever have exactly the same tune..

Obviously you could wind the max fuel all the way in then out X turns on both cars but in reality no one tunes like that..

True true true...
Thanks given by:
The pump is maxed now
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2013, 02:32 PM)LewisG306 Wrote: Haha Tongue , should be able to get more out of a t2 surely? There's a lad who lives near me running 26-27psi on a t2 with actuator still on it and that's on a Lucas lol. Must be somet wrong with actuator???
my friend was running 34psi on a t2 with no problems, i do agree it could be the actuator
Thanks given by:
Deffo needs welding up Karl Wink
Thanks given by:
Pfffft t25 time Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
This is cool!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2013, 06:43 PM)karl1989 Wrote: Pfffft t25 time Smile

haha Nospeak

(23-11-2013, 07:13 PM)Tom Wrote: This is cool!

thanks man Smile
Thanks given by:
Wasn't this on youtube?

Looks good pal Smile
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
im not sure tbh mate , I think Scott who I know may have put up a vid of it but its only stood still. Hoping to get some vids up here soon Smile
Thanks given by:
Thats a little worrying that your running near 200bhp on stock DT calipers, drums, rear suspension & 185/14 tyres! :/

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
She goes really well with the nos Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,789 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Lewis's Moonstone Wagon LewisG 26 6,154 19-03-2015, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  ph1 cherry red sedan. TD04 box mounted. padge 219 35,578 22-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Last Post: sleeper93