Should I be looking at a new car next year?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I be looking at a new car next year?
Next year when I can finally get insured on my car without one of those damned telematics box things, is when I could actually start looking at proper tuning ie stage 1/possibly 2 map.

Problem is I do quite a lot of miles, done 14,000 miles since I passed my test in March this year, 7k of those in the HDi. The car itself is now on 164500 miles and while it runs sweet as a nut at the moment, its still going to be a long time till it gets mapped and by then I expect itll be pushing 175k

Would it be worth tuning it at that mileage? It has been looked after with plenty of service history and is due one very soon.

Don't really want to be swapping engines and the like, so would a new car next year be a better idea?
Thanks given by:
No, better the devil you know, always.
175K is nothing if it's been serviced.
Thanks given by:
if you go to mr whippy hell tell you weather he thinks its worth it. :-) you should be ok as long as its looked after. But as always id expect the worst Undecided
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Declaring those mods won't be cheap!!

Tbh, the engine itself should be fine at that milage.....I wouldn't be so sure on the rest of the car though!

I made the mistake of changing to a lower milage, theoretically better looked after car to mod a couple of years ago.....urned out I'd have been better modding the original one! That said, stuff can happen at any time, its not always better the devil you know.
Thanks given by:
Use Greenlight. There cheap!
Thanks given by:
stage 1 I wouldnt bother declaring, and stage 2 would only be a possibility depending on the initial question as i kinda want a 5dr xud Sad
Thanks given by:
Any diesel engine should see 250,000 miles plus if you change the oil filters and antifreeze.
Thanks given by: