That's it ..... she's gone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That's it ..... she's gone
After sorting out a few snags recently - elec issues, fans not kicking in (still), replacement alternator etc my 306 HDi (aka The White Brick) has had to go. Too much time under the bonnet for me, too much cash being spent = drain on my time & resources. Plenty more out there and can't abide an unreliable car which is what it has now become.

Got £400 for it which is what I paid 5 years ago. Phew

Have had excellent advice and support from this forum, thank you.
Thanks given by:
You paid £400, 5 years ago for it? I'm amazed it's lasted so long! Confused
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2013, 08:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You paid £400, 5 years ago for it? I'm amazed it's lasted so long! Confused

Yeah it was a runner with MOT but VERY tatty inside and out, hence the low price. With plenty of elbow grease and some bits from the scrapyard + servicing I managed to bring it back to looking reasonable. It had been a reliable and very economical runner - I've done nearly 3000 miles in the past 5/6 weeks - but a line has had to be drawn somewhere.

That's it .... line drawn!
Thanks given by:
Ah fair enough then, good luck with your next car! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I feel your pain! I've had to replace some tired out parts lately and it really starts to grate on you when you just see car maintenance as a frequent bill! I'm hoping it will pay off and I'll have months of reliability to come!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah. When the machine goes from being a much appreciated utility to more of a quest then something has to change.

Good luck and happy motoring with all yours.
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2013, 08:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You paid £400, 5 years ago for it? I'm amazed it's lasted so long! Confused

my 1st car I paid £180 quid tom, that car lasted for 3 years, would have gone further if I hadnt part ex it.
Thanks given by:
(02-06-2013, 02:35 PM)procta Wrote:

my 1st car I paid £180 quid tom, that car lasted for 3 years, would have gone further if I hadnt part ex it.

But that was back in the dark ages Procta! lol

And up North....
Thanks given by: