front brake rattle

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
front brake rattle
hi there iv just got my 306 and its great but im getting a rattle from the front drivers wheel. that stops when i press the brake?
Thanks given by:
check the sliders on the calliper.......
Thanks given by:
As gareth says more than likly the sliders gurrently got a rattle issue on her brakes upon inspection it was worn sliders

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Hi there thanks for the response. Iv not managed to get the wheel off yet as the car came with no wheel nut remover. But had a mate check under car as i jerked it forward slightly so it would knock. It seems the calipers on both front wheels are making the noise. They got a fair bit of movement in the calipers as well. Would it still be worn sliders. Can i get the parts or is it a case of new calipers. Cheers
Thanks given by:
yep it will either be the sliders or just the caliper braket isnt done up tight. either way id crack on and get the wheels off and sort it.

you can buy sliders but depending on what brakes you have / want it could be cheaper to just straight swap them out.

i have a couple of cheap sets you could collect depending on your location

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
just to update. i done the brake pads a few weeks ago and after getting the wheels off found that the pads had no spring clips on them so was flapping about on the disc. all sorted now.
Thanks given by:
good lad. nice fix
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Disconnecting rear brake lines at the front Iaitoo 21 3,990 04-06-2016, 08:22 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Where to find new front brake callipers quite cheap? MY95 31 3,025 25-10-2015, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191
  HDI Sticking front brake help.. Mattinthehat 12 2,312 25-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Toms306