soft top what to do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
soft top what to do?
alright guys

ii picked up a ph2 soft top today 2l 16v its got 8 months mot on it is tatty with little faults. I bought it to swap the bonnet and wheels on to my d turbo.

now do I sell it with 14inch alloy and tatty bonnet need 300 back on it or brake it, is there a market for the parts? and will the disc brake rear beam fit on the dturbo? is a 91k 2l engine worth any thing etc need to move it on qwick as its taking up space

any advice would be helpfull will put up a pic later on tablet at the moment
Thanks given by:
break for parts...easily make that
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
i dont think the rear beam off a cabby fits the hatch. could be wrong though.....
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
...well it fitted mine...6months ago...and hasnt fallen off yet!

its same beam as gti
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fairly certain the rear beam will be suitable mate, should certainly be a disc beam.

Has it got leather interior? You can still get a few quid for that.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2013, 04:14 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: ...well it fitted mine...6months ago...and hasnt fallen off yet!

its same beam as gti

does it? must be another car im thinking of then lol.

if thats the case though i migfht start getting cabby beams from the scrappy and selling them on, i can think of at least 5 phase 3 cabbys in surrounding scrapyards
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
All the 306 beams are basically the same just the torsion bar thickness that differs
Thanks given by:
thanks for the reply guys it has discs on the back inside is cloth bit tatty would engine etc sell runs ok hurmmmm might be a braker then if it don't sell as a hole qwick front brakes look bigger might be the wheels that give that impreshion
Thanks given by:
on the p.c so heres a qwick pic of the car in question

[Image: 485208_456783084386848_618205875_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Strip it for bits, engine aint worth feck all as its an xsi lump, but everything eles will be easy to sell

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
cyclones 100
crystal front lights 50(?)
front bumper 30
bonnet/wings 50
beam 100
front brakes 40
etc etc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Piggy it's a phase 2 mate, so no crystals Sad

Everything from the windscreen forwards matches the hatchback.

The badges on the sides in front of the rear wheels are worth selling too if they're decent (£120+ new from Peugeot!)
Sadly there isn't much call for the 2.0 engine any more either
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2013, 08:15 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: cyclones 100
crystal front lights 50(?)
front bumper 30
bonnet/wings 50
beam 100
front brakes 40
etc etc

Also over half the things youv just listed is why he nought the car so he could steal the parts for his dt . Read the op! Lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I listed 6 things...he wants 3 of them...good math!

anyway I was giving it all as an example...list it on ebay for 99p (free) for a wheel nut, and as spares as requested.
may not have crystals but people out there still want headlights for their standard cars...and I bet he get £150 for engine and box on ebay then sell PAS pump, starter, alternator etc seperate...£10/15 here and there adds up
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
thanks guy its free listing on ebay 2day so I'm going to take some pics and see how it goes £120 for new badges wtf!! they glued on or held on with pins? my d turbo is going to be well a bitsa car lol the brakes a good up grade make a difrance?
Thanks given by: