207 1.6 turbo timing chain issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
207 1.6 turbo timing chain issues
hi

My Mum owns a 2008 207cc THP150, engine code EP6DT. I think that it has the common timing chain issue. From reading on the internet i think, this is either a worn timing chain or faulty tensioner.
The fault on the dash says, depolution system faulty. Research shows this fault covers many things. i do have a laptop with lexia on but i am strugging to load PP2000 onto it on, so i can check the faults. Can i use Lexia to check peugeot faults if i select the citreon equiviant.

The car is awful to drive, it misfires badly under any load, smokes abit when misfiring and i can hear the turbo cutting in and out, like it is going in and out of limp mode.

it was due a service, so i thought it couldnt hurt to service it and change the spark plugs, which made no difference. Also i have tried a new coil and swapped it across all four plugs, but this has made no difference.

I may attempt to change the timing chain and tensioners with the 'new' revised peugouts parts.

Has any body come across this before and could share any imformation. 

Thanks
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
Yeah ive done loads of these at work. Sometimes the chain just stretches sometimes the tensioners wear causing the chain the stretch. It requires a special tool to lock everything. I have in the past removed the rocker cover and then reset everything with the timing tools as the cams are not on woodruff keys. This is only possible on ones that are not rattling though. Its an easy enough job just time consuming. Plus its a stupid bmw engine. Lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by: rryan
Feel sorry for you lol far I I know if don't get fixed right away can destroy engine basically
Thanks given by:
Bollocks we meant to get this plugged in to pp2000
Thanks given by:
Yeah can hurt the engine eventually. Basically what happens is as the chain stretch's it throws the timing out but as its got vvc advance the ecu compensates for it untill it gets to much then bring on the ecu light. Think the error comes up as too lean and a vvc fault.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
the car has only done 35,000 miles, but i have read that it can happen as low as 15,000. i wonder if there was ever a recall?

i better try and get it sorted soon then, im not sure if i have the time to do it, but that would mean that i have to buy the timing tools

Im not sure whether it has started to rattle yet, but the EML does come on but can be cleared with a OBD code reader, and fuel consumption has increased to

Thanks for the help
306 XUD9 gt2052s
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
If get it done asap if i was you. There was never a recall. At least when i worked at pug there wasn't. Just used to do them under warranty then send em out again. No one seemed to give a shit.
Thanks given by:
yup, stop using it before you render it scrap.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by: rryan
ok advice taken.

i expect the car is well out of its warranty by now
306 XUD9 gt2052s
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by: