Ben's 3dr Onyx HDi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben's 3dr Onyx HDi
I've just bought new seats ben...

You still want?
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2012, 09:15 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: I've just bought new seats ben...

You still want?

I'll PM you. Smile
Thanks given by:
Ut oh...

[Image: null-21.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh no!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh dear, what's happened there?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No idea. Turning over but won't fire. RAC diagnose 'Fuelling problem' as in no diesel getting ino the engine. :/
Thanks given by:
Oh dear... I really feel for you dude, you're not having much luck there.

YHPM.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I know. The fuel system is giving me a headache. Though she has run fine since last episode. Got home from work at 5 was gonna go out with the girlfriend at 8 and she just wouldn't go.
Fingers crossed it'll be sorted soon. Sad
Thanks given by:
So happens my key and box or key and immobiliser aren't talking to each other. Once that's sorted and she's running can sort where radiator fluid is leaking from and what's up with the injector (suspected copper ring broken).

Hopefully she will be back on the road soon. As I've had nothing but bad luck in cars since:
Pulled by police in my girlfriends car.
Then used my mums and hit a deer.
[Image: null-22.jpg]
(Bent the lip of bonnet and shattered headlight, tbf could have been much much worse)

Argh!! Angry
Thanks given by:
Jesus, I've heard of bad luck before but you're getting a shit ton of it!
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
I thought you'd recently replaced the injectors? Where did you get the copper rings from for them to break that quickly?!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(07-12-2012, 07:41 AM)StarBenn Wrote: So happens my key and box or key and immobiliser aren't talking to each other. Once that's sorted and she's running can sort where radiator fluid is leaking from and what's up with the injector (suspected copper ring broken).

Hopefully she will be back on the road soon. As I've had nothing but bad luck in cars since, pulled by police in my girlfriends car. Then used my mums and hit a deer. Argh!! Angry

Who told you the immobiliser isnt working? Its very very rare for them to just fail like that.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 04:59 AM)Poodle Wrote: I thought you'd recently replaced the injectors? Where did you get the copper rings from for them to break that quickly?!

The garage. RAC guy said a ring is leaking or something. Yet to be confirmed. It's hard to know for sure when she won't start.

(08-12-2012, 08:37 AM)Niall Wrote: Who told you the immobiliser isnt working? Its very very rare for them to just fail like that.

There is an error code coming up to do with communication between key and ecu that won't turn immobiliser off or something.
I'll try get more details on Monday.

(07-12-2012, 03:29 PM)Dicky Wrote: Jesus, I've heard of bad luck before but you're getting a shit ton of it!

I know. Sad
Thanks given by:
Sooo. Got her back late last night and here's what was up...

Copper ring for injector on far passenger side had indeed split and was the cause of the diesel leak.
The ECU had forgotten my key or something like that, either way it's sorted. Smile

Not sure on water leak, engine bay seems dry now, will just have to keep an eye on my level and look for wet bits. Smile

She's back and working and that's me very happy anyway!
Thanks given by:
Happy days, glad it's sorted. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Me too. Cheers mate. Smile
Thanks given by:
Been a while as I have got a new job and have been busy with that. Amongst being in the process of moving house. I've been lucky to have time to wash the car let alone anything else!!

The radiator leak was sorted with some Radweld, all correct fluid levels and now not topping up daily. Nice cheap fix which is a nice change for me! Smile

Anyway. I'll be quiet for a while yet while sorting life.

Oh and 306oc tax disc holder turned up a week ago! Smile
Thanks given by:
So I've had a little time and had the 'luck' of my mum writing her car off (306 cabriolet). She's fine so it can be classed as lucky for some free bits and bobs. Smile

I have bagged & fitted so far:

306 chin spoiler.
Head rest clips (mine missing).
Passenger side wheel arch liner (mine has broken at some point) and splash guard that attaches.
Catch covers for front seat releases (don't know where mine had gone).

Bagged for future fitting:

2 x cyclones (to refurb mine in white 2 at a time)
Leather steering wheel (to replace my scatty plastic one)
Passenger side wing mirror (mine doesn't heat and glass bust)
Splash guards for rear discs (as mine rusted to the point of flaking off)

Hope I can scrounge something else off it before my dad sells the bits or the scrappy takes the carcass. Smile
Thanks given by:
You're still around?? Hope you've got some more updates. Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(28-10-2013, 09:38 PM)Poodle Wrote: You're still around?? Hope you've got some more updates. Big Grin

Been busy for a while, but I should be around a bit more now.
My last post is an update. :p
Though she's running fine now, not a problem. Probably helped by traveling only 5-10 miles a day instead of 100-120 miles a day. Smile
Thanks given by:
Oh, that was an update was it? :p Hahaha good to hear she's still going well anyway!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
It's only little bits and pieces but sadly my money has more necessary uses at the moment. I would love to have enough to do what I want with her. lol
In time. Or maybe my next 306 depending how long she lasts. :p
Thanks given by:
Well I took some pictures and fitted the steering wheel today and the passenger side wing mirror. Anyway here's some pictures:

My mums car as it stands:

[Image: null_zps213cb23b.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsf9647e10.jpg]

My new chin spoiler:

[Image: null_zpsa2921eda.jpg]

And my shinny leather steering wheel:

[Image: null_zpsf474503b.jpg]

Also dragged about 10-20 proper hands full of mud and leaves out of the drain underneath my front wiper motor... At least now the water will drain out instead of pooling and rotting my bodywork. Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice project fella!
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2013, 06:36 PM)nickroo Wrote: Nice project fella!

Thanks!

So another Sunday off and did some more...
Wheels this time:

[Image: null_zps25667f2b.jpg]

Ready to go:
[Image: null_zps2cd1cdf6.jpg]

Primer:
[Image: null_zps73d53fda.jpg]

Only did the primer to one as I ran out... Oops. Sad
Thanks given by:
What colour you doing them buddy?
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 05:02 PM)Alee83 Wrote: What colour you doing them buddy?

White with a onyx black lion to match the body. Fingers crossed it looks how I hope it does! I'll be posting some more pics next time I get time to do some. Just gotta order more etch first. Smile
Thanks given by:
[Image: null_zpsee298f88.jpg]

Acid etch primer coat x 3. Now for the other pair. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Looking really good mate, i just picked up my new hdi <<<< in pic <<<< i really like what you have done to yours mate, really tidy motor!
Thanks given by:
What grit sand paper did you use when sanding those down step by step? Looks good!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Matts Onyx Rallye. 182.1bhp & 154.5ft/lb Wilwoods & axle arrived! Welding finished! Matt-Rallye 420 118,729 11-03-2017, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  The Astor Platinum Onyx 7057sam 515 150,974 03-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Last Post: 7057sam