Estate MOT Tomorow....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estate MOT Tomorow....
Hmm, seems like a lot to go wrong there! Confused

Also, is it difficult to bleed ABS brakes? Its the bleeding I'm more worried about than the hose itself really. I don't mind buying an 'eezibleed' thing on halfords trade so I can do it on my own...was a right pain doing it the old fashioned way in college.
Thanks given by:
No it's the same as a non abs circuit. Infact if you've got pug planet, it's easier as you can use the abs pump to bleed them.

It's really not that difficult Tom. What I listed was worst case scenarios. Doubtful it will be anywhere near that bad!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Oh right, theres nothing special you have to do to open all the valves then, theyre just all open with engine off?

And yeah I guess it cant be that bad....worse case scenario I still have the avensis here atm anyway.
Thanks given by:
Nope nothing special. It's literally the same as bleeding a car with no abs at all.

Should take you no more than half hour a side if things are a bit rusty.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 12:09 PM)Niall Wrote: Nope nothing special. It's literally the same as bleeding a car with no abs at all.

Is that 'you' meaning most people or 'you' meaning me in particular? lol

Might give it a go then.....will have to price up hoses and fluid (I take it 306s are DOT4) and see how much it'll cost. Smile
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 12:17 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(12-10-2012, 12:09 PM)Niall Wrote: Nope nothing special. It's literally the same as bleeding a car with no abs at all.

Is that 'you' meaning most people or 'you' meaning me in particular? lol

Might give it a go then.....will have to price up hoses and fluid (I take it 306s are DOT4) and see how much it'll cost[/u]. Smile

Hoses from ECP are about £10 each and fluid from halfords for a litre on trade (could easily get away with half a litre) is about 4 quid.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Not too bad then, will let Sam know and I'll probably give it a go then..........have you managed to talk me into this!? Confused Lol. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
yehh buddy. this car is so awesome Tongue
Thanks given by:
Don't buy a second hand shaft, use www.carparts4less.com cost me £48 delivere for a brand spanking new shaft

Did alright then on the mot Smile still not like it?
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Nice one Tom. Told you to get it in before you do unessacery work on it.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 01:12 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Don't buy a second hand shaft, use www.carparts4less.com cost me £48 delivere for a brand spanking new shaft

is that really the right website? D:
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 04:26 PM)SRowell Wrote:
(12-10-2012, 01:12 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Don't buy a second hand shaft, use www.carparts4less.com cost me £48 delivere for a brand spanking new shaft

is that really the right website? D:

Yes, it's a sister company to ECP. Only, cheaper Big Grin

Also, I've used this company on eBay before - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-1-...669wt_1188 Really good quality parts (plus 2 year warranty which I know they honour).
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
No that isn't the right website lol, its .co.UK, not .Com! Tongue

And Danny, no I still don't like it, slow, noisy, feels like its falling apart....and its diablo! Tongue

There's now an odd mettalic 'ringing/vibrating' engine noise which has started though, first noticed it this morning, no idea what that might be, but for now I just hope it keeps running! Confused. Probably just my hypo-car-dria though!
Thanks given by:
You've changed a turbo and clutch on the floor, but worried about brakes? Your backwards lad! hahaha :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
As I've said before....brakes are the most important thing on the car....you need to stop in an emergency rather than hitting the brakes, nothing happening and and writing off the aston infront! Confused
Thanks given by:
Just looked on that site for shafts, they were about 80 quid each! But then I read this....its ok if you're not in a rush!

Non-Stock Item - Available to Order

(Usually Dispatched in Upto 6 Weeks*)

lol 6 weeks!
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 06:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Just looked on that site for shafts, they were about 80 quid each! But then I read this....its ok if you're not in a rush!

Non-Stock Item - Available to Order

(Usually Dispatched in Upto 6 Weeks*)

lol 6 weeks!

thats quite an expensive shaft mate. I reckon you could find one cheaper.
Thanks given by:
I could indeed, 15 quid from the scrappy. Wink
Thanks given by:
My bad! Ahh no pleasing you is there Tom
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 07:01 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Ahh no pleasing you is there Tom

Correct. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2012, 11:59 AM)Niall Wrote: Front brakes are normally very easy. Best thing to do is go and buy a proper brake pipe spanner (only about 5 quid from halfrauds) and WD it the day before.

Anyone know what size brake pipe spanner for the Lucas 266 calipers? Smile
Thanks given by:
The spanner halfords sell is double ended and has the sizes for both front and rear brakes.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Oh right, cheers. Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So the world ends tomorow! Marcus1991 52 13,752 21-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Last Post: THE_Liam