Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos182's Bora Project (Exhaust Video inside)
Everbody wants to be me, im great.
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Everbody wants to be me, im great.

:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: Wink lol
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Everbody wants to be me, im great.

you're a lady garden sir.

ly reallllly ninja
Thanks given by:
Little update, just fitted LED side lights and number plate lights. Looks a lot fresher tbh. Will get some photos later when its a bit darker. Smile
Thanks given by:
Cant beleive thats only 8 years old and its got rusty arches!!

Awesome VAG build quality there :roll:
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Cant beleive thats only 8 years old and its got rusty arches!!

Awesome VAGaygay build quality there :roll:

I know, covered by VW for 10/12 years though, so gonna get onto them to sort it out.

Ordered some material for the inside today. Got red suede for A/B/C pillars, was going to do the roof the same but thought it'd be too much.
Stuck between black suede ot this stuff http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pirate-Polycot...559wt_1163
What do you lot think?
Thanks given by:
piiiiiiirate!!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Carlos182 Wrote:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Cant beleive thats only 8 years old and its got rusty arches!!

Awesome VAGaygay build quality there :roll:

I know, covered by VW for 10/12 years though, so gonna get onto them to sort it out.
Thought that was only to the original owner?
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Thought that was only to the original owner?

Doesn't state that in the book. Worth an ask anyway, worst they can say is no TBH.
Thanks given by:
Defo worth an ask as I reckon the bill from VAG to fix that properly so it dosent go again in the next 4 years will probably come close to what you paid for the car.
Thanks given by:
Nothing too interesting, fitted LED sidelights and number plate lights today.
Fronts are well bright!
[Image: IMG_0220.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0221.jpg]

Smartens the rear up a bit too Smile
[Image: IMG_0222.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0223.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Been doing a bit of spraying today as the weather has been okay. Decided to get the front bumper looking a bit better as it was a bit scraped. Couldn't be bothered to do the whole bumper as the worst of it is on the bump strip bit.
Strip off and rubbed down
[Image: 20120321_144245.jpg]
Decided to have a play with the grille. Car's having a red/black/silver theme...
Looking a bit sorry for itself
[Image: 20120321_151028.jpg]
Grille sprayed/spraying
[Image: 20120321_144234.jpg]
Badge after a polish and some paint.
[Image: 20120321_144223.jpg]
And back on.
[Image: 20120321_161957.jpg]
Not sure if I should do the badge black too...

And now its all back together.
[Image: 20120321_165411.jpg]
[Image: 20120321_165420.jpg]
Colour match isn't too bad for saying it was done pretty quickly and out of a rattle can!

Comments please Smile
Thanks given by:
Oooh good stuff. Makes me want to crack on and get the spray paint out on mine now, iv got a few bits iv been meaning to do for a while now! lol
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Oooh good stuff. Makes me want to crack on and get the spray paint out on mine now, iv got a few bits iv been meaning to do for a while now! lol

There's a few bits I want to do to mine too, but all in good time.
Just ordered some plate surrounds and some new plates so should freshen things up a bit.
Next job for me is to paint the Monty 2's Smile
Thanks given by:
Carlos182 Wrote:
Dan! Wrote:Oooh good stuff. Makes me want to crack on and get the spray paint out on mine now, iv got a few bits iv been meaning to do for a while now! lol

There's a few bits I want to do to mine too, but all in good time.
Just ordered some plate surrounds and some new plates so should freshen things up a bit.
Next job for me is to paint the Monty 2's Smile

I think a smooth front rubstrip is next on the cards for mine, and maybe colour coded smoothed in front valance ninja

What colour you thinking of doing the montys?

Just a tip/thought aswel, I just sold my montreal 2's for £200, but most sets go for £230-250 on ebay. Fair whack of money towards new wheels there if needed! Smile
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:I think a smooth front rubstrip is next on the cards for mine, and maybe colour coded smoothed in front valance ninja

What colour you thinking of doing the montys?

Just a tip/thought aswel, I just sold my montreal 2's for £200, but most sets go for £230-250 on ebay. Fair whack of money towards new wheels there if needed! Smile

Was thinking of going anth on them.
How the feck do they go for that much?!
Would have been nice, missed out on a set of BBS reps and tyres for £400 t'other day Sad
Thanks given by:
Anth should look good Smile

And its just because they are the best standard wheel they put on golfs/boras so everybody wants them instead of their montreal 1's, steelies etc.

Also, spam the hell out of Edition until you get 200 posts then have a look in the classifieds, theres so many wheels for sale on there its crazy :romance-inlove: I dont even want any new wheels but i still sit there for hours looking through and window shopping lol
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Anth should look good Smile

And its just because they are the best standard wheel they put on golfs/boras so everybody wants them instead of their montreal 1's, steelies etc.

Also, spam the hell out of Edition until you get 200 posts then have a look in the classifieds, theres so many wheels for sale on there its crazy :romance-inlove: I dont even want any new wheels but i still sit there for hours looking through and window shopping lol

I can see the classified without having 200 posts ninja
Thanks given by:
Carlos182 Wrote:I can see the classified without having 200 posts ninja

:o :o :o

lol

Hmmm, maybe you can see them but just cant post until 200 posts? That, or you are a magician........ ninja
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:
Carlos182 Wrote:I can see the classified without having 200 posts ninja

:o :o :o

lol

Hmmm, maybe you can see them but just cant post until 200 posts? That, or you are a magician........ ninja

I'm going magician :ugeek:
Thanks given by:
Carlos182 Wrote:I'm going magician :ugeek:

Im gonna have to agree :kim:
Thanks given by:
That badge looks cool Carlos! Smile. And anth rims would look good on silver, mine looked ace covered in brake dust on the silver golf lol.

Also, how much for month 2s Dan? :o. I cetainly didn't pay that.much for mine! lol
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Also, how much for month 2s Dan? :o. I cetainly didn't pay that.much for mine! lol

I advertised mine for £150 at first and nearly had my hand bitten off! Stuck them on ebay and got loads of offers of £180/190/200. A few sets I was watching ended up going for nearly £250. Thats with good tyres mind....
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Also, how much for month 2s Dan? :o. I cetainly didn't pay that.much for mine! lol

I advertised mine for £150 at first and nearly had my hand bitten off! Stuck them on ebay and got loads of offers of £180/190/200. A few sets I was watching ended up going for nearly £250. Thats with good tyres mind....

Wow, they must have gone up since I bought mine lol, good goodyeats all round and absolutely no scuffs or scratches at all....can't remember the exact price but it was under 150 lol. However they ate obviously collection only....and people can't be arsed with driving out in the country to pick up wheels....might be why mine were 'cheap' lol. Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty good, I guess your going to touch up the rest of the bumper when you get chance?
1st - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - Failed Gearbox
2nd - Diablo 306 1.9 N/A Diesel - At 225,000 miles the engine fell out
3rd - Diablo 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Rust bucket
4th - Cherry Red 306 Sedan 1.9 Turbo Diesel - Crashed 6 days after buying, Bah!
Thanks given by:
Right. Today started the mission of sorting out the paint.
Started by claying, then a pass with Megs #80, SRP then Megs Gold Wax.
State of he clay after just doing the top of the boot!
[Image: IMG_0228.jpg]
The boot was pretty badly scratched up...
[Image: IMG_0230.jpg]
But didn't come out too badly.
[Image: IMG_0232.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0237.jpg]
Decided to de-badge the right hand side of the boot as the badge was pretty scummy.
[Image: IMG_0234.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0247.jpg]

Cleaned up under the bonnet. Before;
[Image: 20120321_151022.jpg]
After;
[Image: IMG_0253.jpg]

Then had a go at polishing up the lights and the bonnet.
[Image: IMG_0257.jpg]

Next to my Dad's S3. I need those wheels...
[Image: IMG_0248.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0250.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0259.jpg]
That's all I got done today. Still need to do the bumpers, doors and roof.

And a couple of other random photos Smile
[Image: IMG_0242.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0243.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0246.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0240.jpg]
And yes, I know I'm a photo whore.
Thanks given by:
ooooooh nice and shiney man... top job!

liking the badge as it actually, nice and subtle with the red behind, black would be a bit much imo
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I like the S3 Big Grin ....the numberplate is illegally spaced though......

And talking of plates, get yourself a new pair for the Bora and stick them on. Smile
Thanks given by:
Needs black masks ninja
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:ooooooh nice and shiney man... top job!

liking the badge as it actually, nice and subtle with the red behind, black would be a bit much imo

I think I'm gonna have to agree too. Looks good when you catch a glimpse of the red behind it too Smile

Toms306 Wrote:I like the S3 Big Grin ....the numberplate is illegally spaced though......

And talking of plates, get yourself a new pair for the Bora and stick them on. Smile

Meh, not been pulled yet for 'em and they've been on different cars like that.
New plates and surrounds are on the way to me as we speak so nurrrrr.

Dan! Wrote:Needs black masks ninja
All in good time Dan. Only had the car just over a week!
Gonna get everything shiny first!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 2.1td inside [[[portuguese project]]] fabiosilva16 47 27,681 30-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Last Post: jonas306
  Londondan's Black Supercharged XUD New Video Inside!! :D londondan86 283 95,226 15-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Cbray2003
  Carlos182's Astor Grey GTi-6 Scott 533 295,668 23-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Niall