April 2013 - Nürburgring?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
April 2013 - Nürburgring?
(11-03-2013, 09:40 PM)martyn92 Wrote: Impressive list there Smile all sounds good to me and would be happy to paypal money over.
You wont tolerate vegetarians but you've put down veg soup? come on !?! Tongue

Any planning gone towards the roads yet etc?

Great!

And veg soup.. mebbe we'll chuck some horse meat in there or something Tongue

Roads? Basically follow the route planned out, There's a few we need to avoid with silly toll prices etc, but we'll look at that soon.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I'm a fussy c*nt and probably won't eat half of that Wink although im willing to bung some money towards it

I'll probably end up living off of fry ups most of the time lol
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, maybe tell us what you won't eat and we can either alter the menu or you can cook for yourself a couple of days..

Thanks given by:
If its meat and plain I'll generally eat it lol don't mind sorting a couple of days myself tbh mate. Just not a fan of curries / spag boll / pasta sorta things
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, are you happy with the breakfasts though, as it's likely we'll want to get moving in the mornings at a reasonable time, be easier to cook together.

Thanks given by:
Yeah that's fine Smile
Thanks given by:
Sounds good to me lads. God dam I need to get money together fast!
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Know the feeling Ash
Thanks given by:
So anyone else want to come along as a passenger with Carl?

Although at this rate it's gonna be last minute as to whether we go or not, due to the weather at the 'ring..

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/ueberuns/i...bcams.html

Thanks given by:
Thought fooby was in a passenger?
Thanks given by:
He's struggling to get the time off, having booked it it looks like there's no one to fill in for him Sad

On a brighter note, the snow is lessening. Although I have ordered some snow chains for the passes, Would seriously advise everyone else to do the same. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330843602280?s...1497.l2649

Thanks given by:
Might be a good plan I've got a snow shovel I could Stick in if need be
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'll be bringing mine,

Thanks given by:
http://en.swisswebcams.ch/webcam/1363095...29_Weather

http://en.swisswebcams.ch/webcam/1321282...29_Weather

Looks like we're in for a bit of snow. If it stays like that, we're not gonna be able to get through the alps.

So..

It looks like the track is clearing, I reckon it'll be good to go in time.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/ueberuns/info...bcams.html

Options are as follows:

1. Just go to the 'ring. Change the ferry dates, spend a bit more time travelling there and back, and shorten the whole trip.

2. Carry on regardless, everyone MUST bring snow chains and a shovel. If they've ploughed the passes, we should get through with chains. However, we could end up waiting at various points for the passes to be ploughed, so we'd then have to cut short our journey to make it back. Also we could end up driving the lower valleys to get through, which won't be quite as spectacular (but would still be awesome).

3. Go to the 'ring, then go bouldering in fontainebleau for a few days. If you've not been bouldering before, don't worry, there's something for all levels of ability and it'd be great fun. There's a forest full of boulders like this, it's awesome.
[Image: Keita%20Mogaki_fontainebleau.jpg]

We need to make a decision soonish really so that if we're gonna shorten the trip people can let work know and alter ferries.

Personally I'm up for either of the second options, don't fancy cutting the whole thing short cos of the weather.

Thanks given by:
Think option 2 is the best, just have to be a bit more prepared for it. Im sure the lower pases would still be brilliant
Thanks given by:
Yeah I'd say carry on and just adjust the route slightly, it's 3 weeks away anyway so can change yet Smile plenty of places in Europe to visit, not worth cutting the trip short IMO
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
Ok awesome, but for the few quid it is, please get snow chains. Just in case!

Thanks given by:
Already got mine on the way along with a new stove and tyre
Thanks given by:
Please can everyone PM me their mobile numbers, just want to speak about food etc, it's easier than PM's

Thanks given by:
Full trip it is then Smile

I can see this being a right epic!

Based on how cold it seems to be across Europe, just want to mention sleeping bags. I don't want anyone to be miserable and cold, so I don't think an Argos special (no disrespect!) sleeping bag will be sufficient.

We seem to all have snow chains sorted now, so that's all good.

Jonny seems to be sorting food.....

Personal note: Fooby has been unable to get time off work, so I do not have a passenger anymore. I'm in the mind set now of I've got a paycheck to spend, so what the hell!

It all seems to be coming together Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2013, 07:45 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: Full trip it is then Smile

I can see this being a right epic!

Based on how cold it seems to be across Europe, just want to mention sleeping bags. I don't want anyone to be miserable and cold, so I don't think an Argos special (no disrespect!) sleeping bag will be sufficient.

We seem to all have snow chains sorted now, so that's all good.

Jonny seems to be sorting food.....

Personal note: Fooby has been unable to get time off work, so I do not have a passenger anymore. I'm in the mind set now of I've got a paycheck to spend, so what the hell!

It all seems to be coming together Big Grin

Erm, hold fire, I just spoke to him, He's fairly certain he's coming and will confirm later, change the name on your ferry booking. Big Grin

RE: Tents and camping kit, I have a big 4/6 man tent I'll be bringing, that'll be enough for at least Carl, Ash, Fooby and me, but could squeeze in 2 more, If someone else has a big 4 berth then that'd be perfect.

I'm also bringing a double burner gas stove, 2x tables, pots pans and cooking utensils, washing up stuff, and any other stuff I can think of, If everyone can bring their own Mug, Plate and/or bowl, utensils etc that'd be awesome.

I'm gonna make a list of things I'm taking so I don't forget anything, I'll stick it up on here if wanted.

Thanks given by:
Would be good to have an up to date list on here mate, Can add to my one a couple of pages back if its easier.

I've got a single burner gas stove that I'll bring along may need to invest in a better sleeping bag though lol
Thanks given by:
Ok, i'll write up a list in a bit and post it up.

Thanks given by:
How much money is everyone planning on taking? All in euros or some gbp too?
[Image: 65613_10200761612710317_1548698655_n_zps68c27004.jpg]

CONVOI EXCEPTIONNEL
Thanks given by:
I'd have thought all euros as we wouldnt need gbp until we get back?

also going to depend on peoples fuel requirements Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Alright f*ckers not long now! Who's bringing someone in there car? Just so we get a rough ideas on numbers
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
I'm Hopefully bringing Andy
Thanks given by:
2 weeks to go now!!! Smile Smile Smile
14 days
336 hours
20160 minutes

I'm excited Big Grin

I'm thinking of bringing about 150 Euros. Planning on paying for tanks of fuel on card, so will just need money for accommodation/food and miscellaneous items.

Fooby is back in, so I have a passenger.
Thanks given by:
Excited doesn't even begin to cover it. Carl and I have a gopro hero 3 with a suction mount, and a DSLR each, there's gonna be some epic footage/photos!

And I'm taking about 150 euros, but my Dad is giving me 120 so I can get wine for him on the way back, but if the shit hits the fan, he'll go without wine and that's my backup cash.

Looks like there'll be 7 or 8 of us in 4 cars.

Thanks given by:
lmao

Just trolling through some websites and this is what an American website reckons you need:
1. A great pair of sunglasses
2. A baseball cap
3. A light pair of shoes
4. Chapstick
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nurburgring trip 2018 Frosty 120 59,814 29-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 3,733 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Nurburgring 2016 MY95 66 22,872 29-01-2016, 02:40 PM