Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't move my engine - Ideas/problem solvers help.
(22-10-2016, 10:01 PM)madmadmax Wrote: 3 bords of ply wood and use that as a path to stop it digging in to the tarmac then rig up a winch and get some mates round
I think it would dig into the ply tbh and ply isn't cheap in any sort of useful thickness.

(22-10-2016, 10:34 PM)maxaret Wrote: After a couple of glasses of wine and 2 fingers of Malt Whisky I was thinking that removing the gearbox and ancillaries and then tying on 50 helium balloons might help move it - but I will probably not suggest the balloons in the morning  Wink
I think you might have overestimated the lift of a helium balloon. Your average balloon will lift 5g so to lift my 750kg I'd need 1,500,000 balloons. That amount of helium is probably going to be prohibitively expensive.

(22-10-2016, 10:45 PM)welshpug Wrote: put it back in the bed and reverse pickup to where you want it?
It was a fight to get it off due to the crane not quite having the reach, I don't think I'm gonna get it back on.

(23-10-2016, 06:46 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(23-10-2016, 06:42 AM)Ruan Wrote: Get myself, Anton, Piggy, few of the London lot and organise a trip to get food afterwards, sure all would give a hand I'm sure?!

I'm in, in an advisory role at the very least.

Smile
I wouldn't want to drag you guys all the way up here just to move it across my drive, TBH I was looking to abuse you lot on the day I fit it.

Anyway

I was lying awake in bed last night pondering this and think I've solved it.
The plan is to hook my trailer up to the pick up truck giving me something at a much lower height to load the engine onto (solves that issue) then reverse the trailer up to there I want it. Position the engine crane in the flowerbed so it can't roll away and then lift the engine up, drive the trailer forwards and then drop the engine back down
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't move my engine - Ideas/problem solvers help. - by Dum-Dum - 23-10-2016, 07:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any one up t'north move a car for me from Portsmouth. Chris_90 48 10,063 07-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Danny2009
Thumbs Down My 205 XUD- the time has come to move on strictly_perv 32 6,759 25-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Last Post: ginge191