Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't move my engine - Ideas/problem solvers help.
Lightbulb 
Hi all, as I'm sure the facebooks has informed you I have bought a Cummins 6BT lump with all the ancillaries and a ZF box still attached. (see my truck thread once I've updated that).

I (just) managed to get the Cummins lump off the pick up truck and onto the floor outside my house but want it behind the truck it's going into as then it's out of the way and there's no chance of me reversing into it.

As some of you are aware my driveway slopes gently downhill both towards the house and towards the railway line. The engine is at the lowest point and wouldn't be going to the highest point. I picked it up with the crane on a short boom to try and keep the weight between the wheels of the crane but I couldn't shift it up hill as the crane wheels were sinking slightly into the tarmac, I could only just get it to move further down.

The big question is, I have nothing substantial enough within a sensible reach I can use the high lift jack to winch it uphill with. I can't get a vehicle in front of it to tow it and I have no friends (and even then I think it would need a few people).

Can anyone think of a way to move it up hill using items I own and without constructing a much more substantial engine trolley than my current one.

Successful ideas repaid with rep.

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Can't move my engine - Ideas/problem solvers help. - by Dum-Dum - 22-10-2016, 06:44 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any one up t'north move a car for me from Portsmouth. Chris_90 48 10,064 07-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Danny2009
Thumbs Down My 205 XUD- the time has come to move on strictly_perv 32 6,759 25-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Last Post: ginge191