Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front Anti Roll bar and bush few questions
I didn't drop the rear of the sub frame, i jacked up the car put it on stands and took both front wheels off. Then i disconnected the drop links from the anti roll bar on both sides.
Un did the bolt that goes down through the clamp and P bush and removed the old bush by sliding it up the anti roll bar, slid the new bush on( and spent quite a bit of time and fiddling about to make sure that the anti roll bar was in the correct position in the bush and that it was central and then using a small g clamp each side i clamped down the p bush and anti roll bar clamp which wasn't easy ( make sure the back of the clamp is located correctly at the rear ) you will see what i mean when you do it.
Then fitted and tightened up the bolt and then reconnected the drop links to the anti roll bar. It was a little while ago since i did it so i think thats it. Iirc i think i marked the angle that the anti roll bar was at before i started so i made sure that it went back in the same position ( not sure if you need to do that but i did just incase).

There might be another easier or better way of doing it so don't quote me on it, but thats how i did it, wasn't difficult just a ball ache really as there isn't much room around the clamp.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Front Anti Roll bar and bush few questions - by titch - 15-05-2015, 06:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear anti roll bar Tidoh2016 3 1,586 02-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Tidoh2016
  Front end bush kits Eddleston 8 1,922 03-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  P Bush PocketFighter 7 2,604 09-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Last Post: PocketFighter