Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are GTi6's like as daily drivers?
(06-08-2014, 10:50 AM)welshpug Wrote:
(06-08-2014, 08:48 AM)RetroPug Wrote: That's in a lighter(surely?) shell as well. Smile

only minimally, its in a ZX, my 205 is still 8 valve, guesstimates at around 1100 kg for the ZX as it is, 1150 is the standard kerb weight but I run lighter wheels and tyres.

Yeah I was thinking of the ZX.

(06-08-2014, 09:37 AM)PartyJas Wrote: I used my Gti-6 as a daily for 10 years and clocked up 120,000 miles. Never let me down and got thrashed regularly. I could get 500 miles to a tank of fuel if you drove conservatively so cant understand why some people are telling you the fuel costs are high.?
I can honestly say its the best car i have ever owned and would recommend them to anyone. Even after 10 years it would still make me grin when you drive it hard.
Damn.. i want to get it back on the road now after writing this.

450 is what most people report getting driving conservatively on extra-urban roads.

I've had 38-40 mpg on the motorway before which is acceptable. As soon as you begin to have any fun it drops off very rapidly though, and if you take it on track you'll wonder whether you might have a hole in the bottom of the tank. lmao

To the OP:
As others have said, at 700 they will be tired, and could do with a suspension refresh, but even buying one at 700 and spending several more hundred on refreshing key components you're getting a fantastic car for your money.

Yes, fuelling it is a bit costly but life is short, get a gti-6 and enjoy it while you can. Mine makes me happy every time I get behind the wheel.

Also, if you live in Rugby I've just moved to Warwickshire and I'd be happy to let you have a look at mine and have a passenger ride once I'm back from going on holiday tomorrow.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are GTi6's like as daily drivers? - by RetroPug - 06-08-2014, 11:29 AM