Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are GTi6's like as daily drivers?
They're pretty reliable, but if you rack up mileage quick, remember they really only do 36k on a cambelt, oil changes are fine at 10-12k... IMO they're pretty reliable, long as you don't piss with them.

They will at the price bracket you're looking at come with problems, you'll want to replace a lot of suspension components, they WILL be worn out - my advice is don't get carried away with "uprated" items - usually the items you're looking at have lasted 12-14 years and 100k miles or so. That's a very good life of a "hot hatch" suspension component - usually the "upgrade" items are worse or have downsides that the Peugeot engineers did engineer out... Shockingly they did know what they were doing.

I used my one for ~ a year daily, racked up 20k miles on it, it was horrifyingly expensive, I'm still suffering from what it cost me now. They're NOT torquey engines in comparison to the Diesels, especially when the Diesel is tuned, you do have to batter them off the limiter to really get moving, they're not an "effortless" cruising car, especially at 65mph - if I was to have a daily driver and couldn't have my Volvo and had a ~1000 budget, I'd get a HDi on a stage one map and be happy with it tbh...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are GTi6's like as daily drivers? - by Ruan - 05-08-2014, 09:40 PM