Accelerator cable

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accelerator cable
Well something happened to mine were by it wasnt moveing the arm on the pump but the cable hadnt snapped. Not sure what was up but pedal was very stiff so removed it, and it snaped as i tryed pulling it the wrong way though the bulk head, but it wasnt snapped like this before.

Any way ive used the old cable to thread it though bulk head and thought the pedal bung bit so when i get new one tomorrow i can attach it to the old one with some tape to pull it though the bulk head and in to the engine bay.

Now is there anything i need to look out for or do when changing the cable?

Do you guys no what could have caused it to stop pulling?

Any one got a guide on how to do it?

Thanks given by:
On the pedal and cable is a white clip remove this, store in pocket for later.
Go outside and open the bonnet locate throttle cable and yank.

Edit: I only skim read your post but what i've wrote is the just of it Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Tbh you can't really go wrong. Id be inclined to swap the outer sleeve to if there was an issue. Could be that the old cable stretched alot
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
As Matt said Chris iirc the outer on yours could do with replacing I think the adjustment part was replaced By a clamp
if you struggle to get one I have a full new assembly. But I'm only at would till 12.30 tomorrow so let me know before then mate
Thanks given by:
Worth checking that the outer of the cable had the little clip on it where it goes through the mount/bracket on the fuel pump. If the clip went missing then the inner cable wouldnt move and the outer would just slide back and forth when you put your foot down.
Thanks given by:
Its compleatly off the car so what ever comes in the kit I will be fitting cable outer sleave etc. Ive used whats left of the old cable to thred it though the bulk head ready so I can tape new cable to it. And pull it though easyer. Hope get it sorted just had ash23 tune it for me and now I car drive it Sad

Thanks given by:
Sorted now, was a ball ache cos I kept forgeting to put bits on the cable so.its been.in and out of bulck head about 10 times lol, but pedle is so much lighter now, all is good Smile

Thanks given by:
Just don't ask Niall to change it for you
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Had this once i dont recomment pulling 2 shoe laces around your reservoir and through drivers window Smile but it got me home alright haha
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accelerator cable devils_fuel 7 2,431 19-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel
  Clutch and Accelerator Cables Ash J 4 1,955 22-01-2013, 01:18 AM
Last Post: samass
  Accelerator pedal stiff Bananalad 8 3,148 03-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Tom