MOT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MOT
Hi all.
  Having just had mot fail re rear seat belt point.  I have the 306 estate which is prone to rotted rear p/side seat belt anchorage.   Shocked to find out it has completely destroyed this point of fitment, rust abound....oh dear TMI plenty of welding to do. Never mind it`s the last test for me.  Will be rid off next may, totally fed up of repair after repair.  No money for Xmas now. Doh
Thanks given by:
Standard issue, fix and fit arch liner then forget Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Remember that the grass isn't always greener... 306's are generally speaking very good in terms of rust and there's plenty of newer (let alone similar aged) out there far worse.

It isn't a particularly major repair and is hidden from view - just get it repaired and carry on, knowing that the repair should outlast the car.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
aye, when it is repaired give it a good soak of waxoil and fit a liner.. win win then..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Ah so now you've fixed the lemon, you're going to get rid and buy another lemon to fix. Love your money-saving skillz there, keep it up.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Take a look on my project thread, similar thing on mine. Cost £40 for welding repair, although it was me that found it rather than the MOT tester. Ph3 arch liner will prevent it in the future
Thanks given by:
I dont know of any 306 ive touched that hasnt needed some form of welding there
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2015, 12:19 AM)Dazecoop Wrote: Take a look on my project thread, similar thing on mine. Cost £40 for welding repair, although it was me that found it rather than the MOT tester. Ph3 arch liner will prevent it in the future

Does this issue affect all estates or was did they fit a liner to P3s which prevents this? We have a 2002 in the family so one of the last ones..

Thanks
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2015, 07:14 PM)Tom85 Wrote:
(16-12-2015, 12:19 AM)Dazecoop Wrote: Take a look on my project thread, similar thing on mine. Cost £40 for welding repair, although it was me that found it rather than the MOT tester. Ph3 arch liner will prevent it in the future

Does this issue affect all estates or was did they fit a liner to P3s which prevents this? We have a 2002 in the family so one of the last ones..

Thanks

As far as I know, it affects all Ph1 and Ph2 306's. Mine is a 3dr '98 Ph2. Ph3's were the only ones fitted with rear arch liners on both sides from what I've found out, so a Ph3 car is less likely to be rusty
Thanks given by:
They didn't fit full liners to a lot of the ph3 estates (my W plate failed in that area!). However being 2002 you should have a full liner there, get on the floor and have a look up lol...
Thanks given by:
Thanks! I'll have a look at the weekend and see what it's got. Why on earth didn't they didn't fit arch liners to the earlier ones - baffling.
Thanks given by:
money saving i'd assume or something daft like that
Thanks given by:
My thoughts are money saving and/or because there is no fuel filler neck that side. They did it to protect fuel filler neck on drivers side, maybe
Thanks given by:
I honestly don't know. However our nearside is obviously their drivers side, so they wouldn't get the mud and crap build up there from the gutter like we do... What I really don't get though is why they fitted them to all hatches in phase 3 (V plate on) but not estates for another couple of years!
Thanks given by:
i'd suppode it'd depend how many estates they had laying round waiting for sale, as there seems for be quite a few phase 2.5 estates especially round me
Thanks given by: