Interesting concept

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting concept
Been asked to share this around by a mate of mine, he's been developing this idea for a while and is just starting to put it out to people..

The video doesn't really do it justice, IMO it's a very neat way of fixing stuff together, could have thousands of applications, especially given it's use with electrical connections.

Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
3d printers are going to be the way forwards for years D: Itll be interesting how much it is to buy the materials that the printer needs to make things from!
Thanks given by:
So he made those things by printing them with a 3D printer?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I've actually had a look at building one of those 3D printers but decided against it
Thanks given by:

/mindfuck
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Been playing with one of these recently, fantastic pieces of kit...

Looks like a good idea Jonny, very wise of him to get the patents in sharpish, although i'm not sure how effective they'll be now 3d printing's so accessible.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Theres somewhere online that shows you what you need to make a 3d printer for under £500, and once you have it you can use the 3d printer to create another one, like a self replicating idea.

I've got loads of work to do but i'll try and link it in here.

I agree that 3d printing will prove invaluable, especially in the prototype stage.
Thanks given by:
I'm trying to create a part in 3D for one of my RC cars, but it's a f*ckload harder than it looks! The part is smaller than a 50 pence piece, but is so intricate.

It's a conical gear, if anyone has any tips on guaging the pitch / getting the teeth right...?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting new technology just made its way into infiniti toseland 6 1,870 18-08-2016, 02:22 AM
Last Post: toseland
  Interesting episode of traffic cops.... rtha6551 19 5,859 14-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Interesting 'How Many Left' Results... Matt-Rallye 27 5,302 20-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy