Road Bikes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Bikes
Anyone else into it? In an effort to get healthy and have fun i've recently bought an old Raleigh. Been out a few times already when it's not pissing down with rain, taking a while to get used to the brakes (used to ride trials when I was younger so used to something with a bit more stopping power) but apart from that it's all good.

Also, realised how unhealthy I was on Saturday when a 50yr old cruised past going up a hill lol

Post your bikes?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
though you was on about motorbikes with the title
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
MTB is where its at Wink Dont se the attraction with road riding TBH..That said I am tempted to fit hybrid tyres to my hardtail for when the trails get really boggy!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2012, 03:35 PM)Pete Wrote: MTB is where its at Wink Dont se the attraction with road riding TBH..That said I am tempted to fit hybrid tyres to my hardtail for when the trails get really boggy!

this. i couldnt stand dressing up in lycra and just riding roads. im not very good at mtb but i do really enjoy it!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't mind a road bike to go for long rides (30k+) out to the countryside but the roads around here (and drivers) are terrible, plus I'd much rather be flinging myself down a 4x track or slalom. They're a good way to get fit though Smile
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2012, 06:46 PM)Scott Wrote: I wouldn't mind a road bike to go for long rides (30k+) out to the countryside but the roads around here (and drivers) are terrible, plus I'd much rather be flinging myself down a 4x track or slalom. They're a good way to get fit though Smile

chicksands early new year?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I cant ride a road bike, they give me a bad back from the riding position and the narrow bars and steep steering angle make them feel very wobbly.

Id much rather a decent hard tail MTB with semi slicks for the road. Speed difference isnt too far off atall and its so much nicer on pot holes and more stable at speed.

You remind me I need to go and get some SPD pedals and a gear hanger bolt for my bike though.
Thanks given by:
I'll just echo the above. Can't really see the point personally, I'd rather chuck myself down a BFO hill and see if I can get to the bottom still alive Big Grin

If you do want to ride on the roads, get road tyres for a hardtail, as Dum says lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
actually this has reminded me, i need some new forks before i start using the bike again Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I have some rigid forks I'm scrapping if you want them for a pint?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(25-11-2012, 07:01 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: I have some rigid forks I'm scrapping if you want them for a pint?

nah sod that! lol cheers anyway
forgot how bloody expensive they are and cant seem to find any that are about 2-3 years old that are only 130-150max travel. everything seems to be 100 or 160+
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Borris Bikes! Dum-Dum 12 2,444 05-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Jonny b