compbrake top mount issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
compbrake top mount issues
[attachment=1551]Right so bought some of Eds super special top mounts (the compbrake ones)
Upon purchasing these the guy was searching through the box saying to him self "are these the 306 ones" after handing them over to me i asked " these are the 306 ones" and all i got back was yes! fair enough this is his product he knows what hes doing,

So after begging my mechanic to get these fitted for me before pugfest (because i simply have not got the time to do it myself between now and next weekend) he agrees to come in sunday and chuck them in for me............ fair play good man, untill i get the phone call say " Are you sure these are the right ones" so after going up to see him and see what the score was they are miles to small , they are defiantly not the correct ones even know the part number on the packaging relates to the 306 ones on web site, so im now £110 down on the top mounts and £50 down on wasting mikes time today and making me look a tit in the process so no top mounts for pugfest and no hill clime. im fuming right now CensoredCensoredCensoredCensored

So some quick pics

[Image: 2012-06-24143857.jpg]
[Image: 2012-06-24130950.jpg]
[Image: 2012-06-24135110.jpg]
[Image: 2012-06-24135124.jpg]

Ed Does totaly different

[Image: TheShinyshiny3.jpg]
[Image: Day15.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
These don't fit a 306. They have to be made to fit. You have to redrill some holes and line them up.
Thanks given by:
Beat me to it ^^^^
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
No you only need to elongate ONE hole and these ones are miles out, not even any where near the hole you need to adjust, iv spoke to Ed about it, these ones are nothing like Ed's ones either

Thanks given by:
[Image: 7acb89cc.jpg]

[Image: ed844cb5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You only need to make one hole slightly larger if you want to use the standard bolt positioninig. They should fit in the existing holes anyway if you don't want to start drilling your struts.
Thanks given by:
Cable ties. Done.

/thread
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Right that doesn't show me anything? lol

Do yours have holes all the way round or just 5 either side?

There is no way i can see to make these fit due to the distance between holes?

This picture here see how the threaded holes are actually in the top mount hole and no where near the hole you need to stretch slightly

Scott you seem to know what im talking about with only needing to adjust one hole.

[Image: 2012-06-24135110.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Look like the 205 ones.
Just weld in some half moons and drill the holes out.
What everyones done for ages over on the 6 forum.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm sure if you let them know they'll send you a new set and some money back for the inconvenience Wink
Thanks given by:
They do look to small. But I can't really speak as I have no experience with these.
Hope you get it sorted mate
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2012, 03:11 PM)Scott Wrote: I'm sure if you let them know they'll send you a new set and some money back for the inconvenience Wink

Yeah i have emailed them explaining the issue and some pics, had to delete and rewrite it as it was REALLY shit to start with and i thought this isnt going to get me no where so tried to calm down and be a bit more polite, after all its a mistake and we all make them!

(24-06-2012, 03:11 PM)Matt Wrote: They do look to small. But I can't really speak as I have no experience with these.
Hope you get it sorted mate

I haven't much experience with them either but no matter how we put them or what angle we looked at it from it just wasnt happening,

and cheers mate Big Grin

(24-06-2012, 03:09 PM)Chris Wrote: Look like the 205 ones.
Just weld in some half moons and drill the holes out.
What everyones done for ages over on the 6 forum.

38k gti6 im not going to start butchering it lol

Thanks given by:
Mine dont have holes all the way around. I just rotated the mount til two lined up.

The one hole at the front of my pics is slightly out and I guess this is the hole Scott is talking about making bigger.
Thanks given by:
(24-06-2012, 04:20 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Mine dont have holes all the way around. I just rotated the mount til two lined up.

The one hole at the front of my pics is slightly out and I guess this is the hole Scott is talking about making bigger.

Correct, i cant even get two holes to line up and the third id miles away as shown it the pic :/

Thanks given by:
I have just been on the phone, real nice guy. Still unsure of the problem is at this moment in time. But it does sound promising that issue will be resolved quickly. So fingers crossed Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I am currently looking into this now for you and i WILL resolve this ASAP

Iain
01744 895888
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2012, 10:16 AM)compbrakemotorsport Wrote: I am currently looking into this now for you and i WILL resolve this ASAP

Iain
01744 895888

I must say that I do like companies that actually give a shit when things like this happen and try to sort them out quickly instead of ignoring them and hoping that they go away.

Especially that you have bothered to come on here and post an update Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(25-06-2012, 10:16 AM)compbrakemotorsport Wrote: I am currently looking into this now for you and i WILL resolve this ASAP

Iain
01744 895888

Again Iain thanks for the support with this. Soo much better than other suppliers iv had problems with.

Just looking forward to having these fitted Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Maybe you should change the title of this thread now you have let off steam Smile lol
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
Little update on this,

Ian from compbrake has kept in touch over the week, cant stress enough how good they are being over at compbrake, keeping me informed at every step, Really a top bloke Smile

Thanks given by:
Glad to hear that mate Smile It's nice to see a company going out of their way to get things resolved as quickly as possible.
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2012, 06:36 PM)Scott Wrote: Glad to hear that mate Smile It's nice to see a company going out of their way to get things resolved as quickly as possible.

Yeah i no and atleast they arnt trying to blag me off with crap aswell and being up front about it, Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Just to clarify, mine have tapped holes all round the perimeter of the topmounts. The reason why you're getting a gap is because you can't keep rotating them as yours have far fewer holes round the edge by comparison to mine. As already said I only had to mildly modify one of the holes so you can get 4bolts through. I've not even bothered this time round yet, so they're still secured with 3...!

I'm sure Iain will sort them, he was incredibly helpful when I was sorting mine out! Have you asked him for ones with holes round the entire perimeter yet?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(03-07-2012, 07:37 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Just to clarify, mine have tapped holes all round the perimeter of the topmounts. The reason why you're getting a gap is because you can't keep rotating them as yours have far fewer holes round the edge by comparison to mine. As already said I only had to mildly modify one of the holes so you can get 4bolts through. I've not even bothered this time round yet, so they're still secured with 3...!

I'm sure Iain will sort them, he was incredibly helpful when I was sorting mine out! Have you asked him for ones with holes round the entire perimeter yet?

Yes mate thats what he is looking at doing, He is going to send me out the one same as yours. I have had a good old chat with him over the phone a few times now and like you say very helpful. It would apear the ones i have are over all smaller but carry the correct part number this is where the confusion is coming from. But im not worried as im very confident this will be sorted and im in no rush as im waiting to fit my beam mounts at the same time and they arnt here yet anyway

Thanks given by: