Help Please!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Please!!!!
Hi all!
I'm from Portugal and "new" in this forum and I hope someone can help me... so... the big problem is is:
I replaced the engine of my peugeot 306 1.8d by an engine of a Peugeot 205 XAD turbo (1.8DTurbo).
The injection pump broke down so I switched to a pump from a citroen xantia 1.9Dturbo 92Hp (bosch VE R 445-2 NR 0460494342) and bosch injectors of 175bar. Everything is installed correctly but the problem is that it makes too much smoke.
I've tried adjust the amount of diesel in max fuel screw and end up with less smoke but with a terrible performance. Have followed the guide "Guide: Bosch pump setup and tuning" of Dan but can not get any good result. I do not know what to do anymore. The problem is that the pump is wrong for this engine?
Many thanks in advance!
Thanks given by:
Whooaaaaaa a 1.8d?! Wtaf is one of those.

Sorry not very helpfull lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Firstly, what colour is this smoke?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
The smoke is dark... not completely black... but after the turbo start winning more pressure the smoke disappears
Thanks given by:
that sounds like you have too much fuel low down to make up for higher up, do you have the LDA (UFO shaped thing on top of the pump) connected to the boosted pipework?
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Yes, everything is connected correctly, in this case to intercoller (conventional top engine mount)
Thanks given by:
It sounds like you are getting too much fuel low down in the revs so have you made any changes to the LDA setting its self? Have any other modifications/changes been made to the pump?

Also, how much boost are you running?
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
The turbo boost is about 0,9 - 0,95 at 3500rpm and any modifications was made in the pump except the max fuel screw that had some kind of seal apart from that the pump is intact. I just rotate the lda to minimum fuel compensation but was useless and turned again to his original position.
Thanks given by:
Hi again! is possible that this pump is inadequate for this engine? As I said before, the engine is a 1.8DT and the pump came from xantia 1.9DT. Any guess?
Thanks given by:
I think you want to turn the LDA to the steepest slope for maximum compensation then turn the maximum fuel down a bit more.

Is the LDA free to travel and is the black disc / diaphram at the top of the LDA intact as sometimes they have holes in meaning that the LDA dosent work effectively.

May be the wrong thing to suggest as its hiding the problem rather than fixing it but you could just wind the wastegate up a bit more for some extra boost to burn the fuel.
Thanks given by: