normal?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
normal?
hi fellow 306 ers...........abs light question......

when ign turned on the abs light comes on and stays on for about 3ish seconds, then goes out.....but when engine is "cranked" to start, the abs light comes on....but goes out when key returned to the "run" position and engine running.

Is this normal??

also do you have to remove the brake master cylinder from the servo ( 2 nuts ) and gently move to one side without disturbing the brake lines ( disconnect the fluid sensor wire ) to remove the upper cam belt cover??

reassembled the rear brakes over the weekend, repaired tin shields and painted.........sensors have a magnetic core.......showed 1350ohms each and vac output was over one voltish with a fast hand spin of the hub..............all passing the test data I saw on Friday.......brilliant forum!!
Thanks given by:
It's best to move the master cylinder yeah, otherwise you will probably end up breaking it like I did to mine..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
thanks for the heads up dude, will try that method......any help with the abs light and/or an owners manual.....even a photo copy for an lx 1999/2000 2 litre hdi estate a/c + p/s..........we have no idea of what features the car has and what lights are supposed to light up when the ign is turned on.......fuse numbers and there fuse box positions would be good also.......
Thanks given by:
No you don't need to touch the MC for a cambelt cover, just lower the engine on a jack and it gives enough access. Smile

Just don't do what I did on the estate....keep pulling till it comes out....and so does all the brake fluid. Doh lol
Thanks given by:
ahhhhhhh, all I wanted to do at this stage ( car useable and needed running for the moooo ) was to remove the top cover and inspect the belt.

suspect the belt was changed at 67k miles with car now done 98k miles ( as far as I know!! ) but since the toe rag who sold me the car lied thru his teeth.......etc!

he's gunna rot in hell believe me!!
Thanks given by:
Ah I see, in that case, you will have to remove the MC then.

For a cambelt change you have to drop engine anyway so isn't any more hassle, but not the case for you unfortunately lol.
Thanks given by:
all sounds fine.
Thanks given by:
That's normal for the abs light.

Fuse info here: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22877-po...#pid414738
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
thanks for the info dudes....brilliant forum.....have printed off fuses pics but still don't know which fuse is mwhich ie which fuse is number 1 etc etc etc ....will post pic of drivers fuse box tomorrow also bonnet fuse box as don't know what the "grey plug" is for........

a great relieaf that the abs light coming on when cranking is normal and ok.....funnily it didn't do it last night but did flash once during cranking this morning..........I leave time for the light ( this and the handbrake on light ) to go out before cranking.......
Thanks given by:
There should be a diagram on the back of the fuse box cover to show you which is which.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can you tell if a 206 gearbox is an eco or a normal? JTaylor2005 2 2,282 01-09-2018, 07:59 AM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Normal turbo noise? Toms306 8 3,940 03-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Toms306